Cola’s starting from scratch garden

Well mister…I think that everyone will agree with me that you might Have the Best Light out There :slight_smile: congratulation on such a great job :slight_smile: keep growing! :muscle:

4 Likes

This makes me want to build an LED light set up, really great work.

4 Likes

I agree entirely until @ReikoX upgrades I know where he’s heading my automation inspiration is from @Robin . I’d say between a few OG’ers we’ve opened up a whole new level of grow automation and bad ass lighting.

Cheers guys

4 Likes

Nice one @FlippyNips you should get yourself one built mate

1 Like

Knew you’d get it sussed bro, looks awesome too! That 's a totally future proof fixture if ever i seen one. Wouldn’t look out of place on the space station :grin:

5 Likes

Now that the lights almost complete. I thought I’d have a little play with the scheduling on the sonoff and see what happened.

6pm ch1 strips on
6.04pm ch3 cobs on
6.05 ch1 and 3 off.

Almost jizzed a little watching it lol. Sonoff th10a is definitely going on the 4th relay and down to the heater. Because I’ll be able to utilise that to make a scene for the sonoff to switch cobs off if temps exceed 26c (for example) and just leave strips running. You can also set different schedules via a calendar so photoperiod augmentation has just become a majorly easy task. Don’t even have to stand up.

Cheers @Albannach bro I know you been watching closely i’m glad I didn’t disappoint

3 Likes

Hey dude your an inspiration, i’m just glad to be along for the journey. That is without doubt the best rig for a home grow i have seen. I only wish i had control like that in my old loft grows let alone that amount of illumination for such a low power consumption. My hope is that when i can afford to build mine i will have planned it down to the last nut and bolt, no waste at all if poss and a lot of that info will have come from you bro so cheers and congrats from me. A

1 Like

Bro stop you’re making me blush haha. Always here if you got questions and if I can’t answer them I’ll certainly pass you to someone who can.

Im pretty certain if I add a 2nd th10a for a humidifier aswell as the one for the heater on the 4ch pro R2 ch4 split 2 ways as it always needs to be measuring so both always need to be switched on. Still pretty sure that will all be well under the sonoff 4ch pro max draw.

1 Like

Your gonna have to run power to the shed if you keep on!!!

Come again bro. I have power in the shed. Everything is earthed to a 13a breaker in the house. And the draw in my shed is really not that much as you can see from the ammeter

1 Like

Why did I think you were running off an extension cord? Lol my bad

1 Like

I am but it’s still to a 13a fuse to breaker mate. And that’s insulated too on its way down. I may put a consumer unit down there to accommodate my rig there and any tools I gotta use though to be on the safe side

2 Likes

Strips are now over the heated prop. Gonna go get some AN tomorrow and start the bigger 2 on a really light feed. There’s a couple of light spots on one. I gave the coco a really light charge to get them up but they’ll be hungry again before long

5 Likes

Took the hat off the prop. This is basically my stress test. Tomorrow they get love. Right now I’m major tired and even more high than major so I’m off to bed folks. Updates daily how the light does with the ssdd here. I am considering hand watering Coco rather than iws because it’s tried and tested. And those oxypots take up some height

6 Likes

Good to see final liftoff of that fixture, it’s magnificent, congrats! Seems like that should count as some kind of thesis project or continuing ed credit. :smile:

2 Likes

Sorry for the delayed reply @Muleskinner bro I was working hard. Or hardly working. Depends how you look at it haha. Jobs done anyway. Thankyou by the way. Getting many positive vibes on my light.

Some pics just after they had their first lunch.

Advanced nutrients sensi grow A & B pH perfect
2ml A
2ml B
To 1.5l stood Tap water

Tomorrow will tell us if they liked it
Strips on and set to 120w (plants are getting 30w really. As they’re sat under 1 strip)

3 Likes

Looking good bro! hows your tap water?, I always have to use calmag. Been thinking about doing a hand watered coco grow for ages but i’m probably too lazy. Need to find a good tray with a runoff channel first then maybe…

1 Like

Try of all places aldi bro. They do a grow bag tray for about 3 quid and they’re like a metre by 30cm. Take 2 large pots. 3 medium. Loadsa small pots. And you can knock a drill through for drainage. Tap water here is really soft bro but you can’t mix at the base with AN

1 Like

Got a couple of them and big Garland trays but trying to avoid butchering em, probably will anyway :grin:

1 Like