Cola’s starting from scratch garden

:fireworks:It looks like its is :birthday:party time in Colas tent :gift: :sparkles:

4 Likes

@Pedro_Bann as you can see they have been partying way too hard.

The cold at night is still causing me issues. So I’m using the heated prop as both a waste tray and and a rhizo warmer. I think the bar heater may need to be supplemented by a small oil filled radiator in my shed to compensate.
Red petioles on the bigger leaves mean they will probably suffer but all new growth is green. Just gotta try keep it that way

1 Like

2 Likes

Could you not crank that rig up a bit and run em all through the night bro. More dam snow on the way apparently :fearful:

4 Likes

I already run them all the through the night bro. But yeah I’ll crank it up a bit. Doesn’t do much heat wise though. That’s the beauty of strips. Cobs get a touch warm.
Max draw at the wall shows 738w no fans running on my light. It will never see that I don’t think but nice to know I’ve got it

3 Likes

I have my min/max set to 23°C/25°C. 18°C is a tad cold IMO.

2 Likes

Yeah cola i think 22/23 C is the lowest I’d run tent at if poss… its still real cold and with more coming ( unusually lol :joy: ) …
But that’s a great light bud…
Happy growing under it ,
Gaz

I struggle to pass 20c with the bar heater so I’m gonna have to play with environment again when I put an oil filled radiator in bro. I agree 18 is cold. Under 15 is white mold tackle. That’s what I’m trying to avoid. I’ll set the bar heater up a touch

Edit. Got a 700w oil filled radiator. Just gonna ditch the bar heater for now. May come in handy for slightly warmer months with bigger plants

3 Likes

Temp issues dialled in. That was a quick job

5 Likes

I bet you notice a big difference in the plants. :+1::seedling:

2 Likes

Installed a camera. They perked up a touch from last night. Now I’m adamant I won’t use a pH meter but Im guessing from my local water reports my pH is going to be too high. A few drops of squeezed lemon in my water as it stands should bring it down over time

Tap water ph can vary a lot depending on temp and rainfall levels etc but it’s always too high here. I always check/adjust it even in soil cos over time it pushes the root ball ph too high. Learned that the hard way too lol.

1 Like

Tap water here comes out between 8 and 9 bro. I reckon my lemon should bring it down to 7ish over a week or so which is stable enough for advanced nutrients believe it or not. I’m not entirely sure how it’s chelated but it’s a much more readily available nutrient source imo

If you grow in Coco you really need to start using something to Check pH. They definetly seem like something isnt ok and pH could be the problem. You will start to Have nutrients problem later I guess. I also use Advanced nutrients and they lower the pH corectly only if you use 100% recomended amount…by my experiences :slight_smile: 5,9 idealy :slight_smile: keep growing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeh mine is usually 8.2 to 8.6 but seen it as high as 9. I leave it to sit for a couple of days with no lid and it drops to 7.2 to 7.4 but even when i add nutes to an ec of around 1.2 it’s still around 6.2 to 6.4 so i then drop it into range with citric acid. 5.7 to a max of 6.2 in late bloom. I found lemon juice only holds the ph down for 24 to 36 hrs at best before it rises quickly back up to roughly where it was again. Same thing happens with vinegar too bro. A

2 Likes

Im aiming for absolute simplicity with my build. Area. It’s not the first time I’ve grown in Coco with AN. My issues will partly like with pH which is why I mentioned it bro. But it’s probably more down to piss poor environment so far but that’s getting under control now. I appreciate the sentiment definitely and if my plan of action fails then I’ll grab a meter but for now. I’m still doing it my way. (I’m a stubborn fuck) haha

@Albannach how we suffer for the displeasure of living in this land lol. Sounds like our water is pretty similar bro.

A deal for both you boys now. If we see no improvement 2 weeks today. I swallow my pride and buy a meter

3 Likes

lol yeh it’s the challenges that make us better gardeners.If it’s environment you will know in a couple of days bro. Temps 23 - 25 with plenty air movement and obviously light :grin: and you should be away. Unless the nutes have gone off somehow the only obvious thing left is the ph eh :herb:

2 Likes

It’ll either make me a better gardeners. Or I’ll make a tit of myself. Either way you’ll be kept posted. Already seeing slight improvement after the oil filled radiator went in. Don’t even have to go to the shed to check now got a crappy Amazon wifi camera. Does the trick. (A lot better now I found the HD button.

Need to stop smoking this dawg I’m turning into a right nesbit. Sentences don’t work. I’ll have a string vest on before long

2 Likes

lol i seem to be walking more like a thunderbirds puppet than usual but i’m getting more into a sativa type buzz these days, the OHS is 50/50 and potent but vision gets well blurred.

1 Like

Wow. I Just dont get it thats all :smiley: you build your self an absolutly beast Light and you risk the possibility to damage your plants with wrong pH? Everybody will tell you that pH is absolutly crucial when growing hydro… You should really think about buying one asap otherwise you will never use your Lights full potencial :slight_smile:

2 Likes