Cola’s starting from scratch garden

It’s a tried and tested. Proven to work and work well for me method

this is one plant using exactly the same method and chopped early at that

theres the rest of the room. now im in no way trying to say im an expert grower. far far far from it but i know a thing or 2 bro

6 Likes

Good morning OG family. Fed these little ones 3ml/1l AN last night. No pH amendments and there’s no arguing they’re perking up

5 Likes

Good to see them perking up bro. Must have been low temp right enough eh. I’d still check ph though but i even check runoff ph and cf regularly :grin: Never used to but had a few different bags of shite compost recently that were way out in both ph and ec. The canna terra pro stuff has been great in comparison, ph is always around 6 which is near perfect for a soilless medium but i’m still looking forward trying a hand watered coco grow.

3 Likes

I reckon so. Humidity is low as well guessing from the radiator. Not got round to picking one up yet but a gentle misting will do until I can.

When I first started using AN and I did a lot of reading. The pH stability is from the method used to chelate the ingredients. Meaning you don’t have to keep to such a tight range. That’s the beauty of it bro

1 Like

I used to find the same with Ionic nutes in hydro, the chelated nutrients always sorted the ph no probs didn’t even have to measure etc. It’s using a low dose when they are young you have to watch, it might not drop the ph far enough bro. A

1 Like

Good to see them going @anon58740919 :slight_smile: The temperature seems like it was the problem! Good luck :slight_smile: they grew out Fast!

About the pH @Albannach. I also measure outake water pH everytime I water my plants and it is now the second Time I experience a certain thing. My Last grow did the same. My pH in Coco is always the same through out the whole grow. Since I First transfere them in to the Coco medium the roots got pH the same like intake water 5,8 to 6,0. but around week 5 in flower my pH starts to drop down. For example Yesterday. I water with my regular solution pH 5,9-6,0 Ec 1800 and my outake water came out at 5,4. Last week it was 5,5-5,6. And the outake Ec is also changing. It raises…when I water the plants I always water them with 5l of water each and my outake Ec was the same as intake. But around week five the Ec starts to raise and is 2,3 every Time I water. So I always flush them more to clean the roots.

They dont show any Kind of deficiency what so ever and girw absolutly Fine. Just curious…

Have you experienced this phenomena? That your Root environment changes through out tHe cycle especilay after week 5? Lower pH and bigger Ec? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeh bro i actually look out for that period around wk 5-6 usually. My understanding is that this is the point when she starts to consume less nutrients as new bud development starts slowing down and the plant enters it’s final stage where the buds swell and mature although some new growth will continue, usually until near the end. You keep giving it the same strength nutes but it aint able to consume them all any more so as the ec rises the ph drops as the solution becomes more acidic. This is the clue as to when to start reducing nute strength which i do steadily until the last week when they get ph adjusted tap water only. As i said this is my take based on observations over the years, others may not agree :grin:

edit - i have read that coco can be quite bad for ph swings but this can happen with any medium if the plant is repeatedly overfeed and no attention paid to it’s actual usage, salts build up so flushing regularly has to happen which is detrimental to the plant. I never go over an ec of 1.6 in hydro and 1.2 in dirt. Some say even that is high, i say it depends on the strain.

3 Likes

Wow that makes kinda sense! :slight_smile: I will try to lower my Ec to 1600 and then 1400 to see if the pH swings Back and outake Ec stopps to raise :slight_smile: It might be the problem I am having through the end of the grow, that my plants Just dont look right and might Have some lockouts. Will see! :muscle: gl

2 Likes

Good luck bro! feeding is an area where you really have to be able to read the plant. Measuring runoff while not an exact science, can give you an idea of whats being used eh. At the end of the day it is dependent on strain, stage of growth, temp, humidity, air exchange, light (everything). If everything is within range and the plants are healthy i slowly increase ec in bloom until i get mild leaf tip burn then i back off a bit. Anyway i’ll butt out now before i’m accused of hijacking colas thread :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

My threads a place for knowledge mate even if it’s me learning. Spam away gives me stuff to catch up on and throw likes at when I get a minute.

Middle wasn’t too pleased with a repot. Evident calcium lockout. (There were signs before probably due to pH and poor environment. There were also signs of root binding as I repotted)

Each in 18l pots. They can bed in a couple weeks. Then I’m gonna grow these out . Long and short of it is. A lot of my cash has been invested in a new venture recently. And I smoke a fuck load of weed so I need to see some smoke before I start searching for absolute fire.

6 Likes

They look much better man! :slight_smile: The new grow seems absolutly healthy a beautifull Green colour. They should start to grow really Fast now! Good luck! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I would be low on cash too if I used fancy dancy pots like that :slight_smile:
I really do want to do a full production run too, maybe next year or even the end of this year if I am lucky.

3 Likes

They’re 1980s daleks from Dr who bro :rofl: and all that was available at short notice. And size wise well couldn’t get a better fit if I tried lol.

3 Likes

I did take notice that they fit in there perfectly, looks like all is going well and full steam ahead.

2 Likes

Middle plant is not too healthy to be honest but I’m just gonna take my chances and see how it goes. They’re regular seeds to so not even guaranteed a female bro. It’s a risky run

Hopefully, you get at least 2 of three.

The middle one looks ok from here!

Zoom in bro. Warped growth. Discolouration. Brown mottling appearing on new growth. And there was evidence of root binding. I’ll be watching the growth coming up from under the “canopy” over the next week to see for any change those leaves won’t recover from experience

Right, and by the looks, the other problems are just related to whatever was going on with them last week too, I bet from now that the newest growth will be fine.

2 Likes

I agree, if the problem is sorted out just veg on for a bit and remove the damage later when you have plenty of new growth. Getting there but it’s only been a few days eh. Have you tried @ReikoX new improved LITFA yet bro :grin:

1 Like

That’s their current Regime bro. Like you said just gonna veg em out a bit and run em. Not even going out to the shed today. Got 12l of water standing for the next day. Then I’ll add the AN and leave it another day to settle the pH and fire that through. Should do the trick

1 Like