Cola’s starting from scratch garden

It’s getting interesting. Poor helmet is gonna have to take it’s chances. Lights go to 12/12 from 9pm this evening. I’ve had just shy of an inch of growth overnight. And if that’s before any stretch I’d say we’re good to go. Couple of weeks with just strips rocking then I’m adding co2 and turning the cobs on for the (midday) section of their cycle. They’re already chomping through 2l of 3.3ml/1l and looking hungry at the end of the day. Must be doing something right. I’ll keep them on the grow for the next couple of weeks. Need to jump on Amazon and get some amino acids and hydrolysed whey protein for weeks 2 through 4. (The whey protein is a good way to get some microbial life established in Coco from experience). As odd as it sounds short of ascophyllum nodosum (seaweed) the aminos and whey protein make up advanced nutrients big bud with a much smaller price tag

7 Likes

Addition to the arsenal primed and ready to go in my next feed. Should be here tomorrow. Does this make them cannibals

1 Like

Hi cola why don’t you try the sample size (230grams) of Megacrop - it’s really good Shit ( smells like Shite too lol) , all you pay is p&p and it’s good for every growing system there is.! It’s got most of what mj needs all in one :point_up:… I’m using it in soil and plants seem to love it.!
Anyway i digress , I hope :crossed_fingers: you have all Females bud…
Happy growing,
Gaz

Edit: when do you use this stuff ,all the way through your grow.?

2 Likes

Weeks 2 through 4 of bloom I use them with good effects. Allows your plants to absort a slightly higher ec feed. May be able to carry on longer but I semi mimicked advanced feed schedule just with my own stuff.
I’ve considered megacrop but for now I’m sticking with what I know from hps growing and adapting to suit whilst I figure this led lark myself.

2 Likes

Looking much better now bro, they are about to really take off eh.

1 Like

12/12 daily camshot day 1

Stand my bucket ready for tomorrow. Will be adding 3.5ml/1l AN and 15g amino acids. should get me through 32 days daily feeding.

(I edited the original post because I’m not using met rx this run)

5 Likes

Looking very healthy dude :smiley:

1 Like

12/12 daily camshot 2.

Cola fucked up. Left my shed door slightly ajar. After 15c temps with sunshine in the day I turned my oil filled down a touch. (Too much)

I actually fed them yesterday. 28ml/8l AN and 15g good hemp. Same as last time. The day after first feed of aminos. Health and vigour seemed to improve. I’ll let you be the judge.

They had a night of 12c temps and haven’t even flinched?? The fuck are these beasts. Unless they’re that hardened from the rough start they just don’t care any more

8 Likes

38ml/10l and 15g good hemp being made up into a feed. I’m not using RO water and recommended dose is 4ml/l of AN in RO. If I was to push that without any assistance they would burn. From experience again lol. I’ve gotta say I’m absolutely blown away by the efficiency of these strips. Still not fired the cobs up yet.

Smells as nasty as it looks by the way and that good hemp designed for people…or part time flagellants. Either way I won’t be sampling any

5 Likes

Looking the ‘dogs bollocks’ mate ,couple of healthy, good looking plants how long did you veg em.
How’s the temps with the strips only .?
Gaz
Edit: 3 plants.! I didn’t see the smaller one :point_up: lol.

2 Likes

Nice one mate. Much appreciated and I’m not entirely sure how long I was vegging I don’t really count. But nowhere near as long as I did with hps. Faster and half the power. What I have noticed is they are hungryyyyyyy a lot.

Temps are all sweet too when I close my shed door at night and keep the radiator turned up.

3 Likes

12/12 daily camshot day 3.

Good hemp is good hemp. still not a fan of the smell though ha

5 Likes

12/12 daily camshot day 4

They’re not having anything today except an extra 100w of cob blasted over them. Split over 10 chips for 6 of 12 hours.

Getting a bit of floppy leaf occurring to the outer edges where my imaginary PAR meter tells me something ain’t right lol

6 Likes

They are coming on nicely bro :thumbsup:

2 Likes

I did spray them with a calmag/led protect at lights out and they seem to like that. Pretty much last chance saloon for foliar feeding though as soon as we have pistils. It’s base feed only

2 Likes

The biggest of mine are just starting to produce pistils so i’m about to stop the foilar feeding too. Maybe this lot will get to do the second half of the bloom stage under LED’s if i get my shit together in time lol

1 Like

You’ll have it done and up in no time mate. I’m going Travis Perkins soon my Yorkie mate is having a 600w 20 strip rig put together. So angle away and we’re pretty much good to go. He’s a loft grower though so gotta make 4 modular panels he can bolt together to get them through the hatch

1 Like

Nice! look forward to seeing some pics bro. I’m leaving space in mine for a few sticks, probably just 4, 2 each side of the middle sink bar.

1 Like

12/12 daily camshot. Day 5. Gonna fill my bucket up and go and physically check on them in a sec. But looking good. They have cobs for 6 hours a day now too on really low.

9 Likes

Looking good the Cola, hard to believe those are the same droopy plants from a few days ago. :+1::seedling:

2 Likes