Cola’s starting from scratch garden

Haha I know what you mean :joy:… some fire :fire: being grown on Overgrow…!
We’re due a DECENT summer at least lol.
Happy growing bud.
Gaz

2 Likes

Out searching for a couple spots with the dogs. Found a couple and the photos should highlight how off the beaten track I went

Cola

9 Likes

If nettles will grow, so will weed
run out of likes again…

6 Likes

You don’t get loamier soil than by a river over here I don’t think. Plenty of nettles year after year along the bank. I might go a little further out though. Had a look on google maps before paying particular attention to elevation. Visible paths. And most southerly facing hills nearby.

2 Likes

I got him for you.

(Try Manual Like Override. :thumbsup:)

Works for me.

Daily!

3 Likes

After some time and no response for strips. I ordered 5 x citizen cluo38 1206’s 3500k and 5 x cluo38 1206 3000k. Plan on running a meanwell Hlg320h c700a to these.

The middle of my frame was to be a line of cobs. Now it’s 2 either side and strips in the middle when it comes to adding them thinking all 4000k strips as the light will be switchable between each/using both. During veg and bloom periods.

3 Likes

4 x solstix x1 5000k ready for the end of the month. Happy cola.

The legend is real…thanks @Baudelaire

Cola

3 Likes

Thought seeing as though we had moved house and consequently water supply would be different. Thought I’d have a check. Surprisingly nice and soft. The pH averages between 6.5 and 9.5 straight from the tap.

First time running full hydro so taking my time figuring shit out before I dive straight in

1 Like

After mixing nutes, PH to 5.5 and let it swing, it will naturally want to do that as the plants take what they need. When you change the res check how much it swung, it’ll probably be around 6.2-6.5 by the time you change res.

1 Like

Coco still constitutes hydro brother jam. I know it needs to sit at 5.5 and all other basic nonsense. It’s more feed schedules. When to top up water. Humidity levels as I assume low humidity will increase transpiration from the leaves which would result in salt build up in the res? From the plant drinking more water than utilising nutrients.

Wondering is it worth putting h202 through every couple weeks to fight off any nasties. Can’t see many beneficials surviving swimming

1 Like

When I ran DWC in low RH environment, it was guaranteed that i’d have to do weekly fill ups. That was with a 10 gallon res.

You might ask @Robin or @Roux their thoughts, they run full hydro from what I can tell and may have some better answers than I :slight_smile:

1 Like

This happened today In preparation for the solstix trigger pulling when funds land.
Started putting a cost sheet together too. It’s gonna be…fucking expensive :joy:

7 Likes

The exact cost of every project I do. :grin: :laughing: :joy:

6 Likes

I’m justifying it by telling myself it will be a utilititarian piece of grow equipment worthy of da Vinci himself…

Not much worked for him either :laughing:

6 Likes

I run H2O2 with every res top up, I would not go without it these days after seeing how well it worked to get rid of whatever pathogen when I first used it.

Nothing lives in my tent but my plants :slight_smile:

3 Likes

At what strength @Pedro_Bann what nute line etc do you run and you got a thread I can take a look at how you run shit bro

I add about 50ml of 50% to my res about weekly when I top up, which is I think a 160 litre tub.
I use a one part nute called Extra Nutrex (grow and bloom), normally I have been using Grow for three weeks after clone transplant then the Bloom for the rest of the time and never use anything else except the peroxide.

Growing in hydroton, flood and drain, 4 per square foot @~50w per square foot CXB3590 COBs flower straight from clone or seed.
This last run got 29.5 ounces dry with heaps of stuff ups.

2 Likes

Not sure where you are but it’s not a nute line I’ve heard of nutrex. Clearly getting results though. What size room is that? I plan on filling the net pots with hydroton too running canna aqua line. Hoping to have my light built by the time I flip anything. I’m toying with the idea of converting the 3 iws to rdwc. Water changes have never appealed.

1 Like

got a couple of lengths of 19.5x2mm aluminium flat bar to make the mounts for my heatsinks. 20 to cut and 80 holes to drill. 40 to tap. Turning into an absolute labour of love this build but no point doing half a job

4 Likes

Lol… what was I sayin about DIY earlier…good job. :+1:
I’m gonna use a siphon pump for nute changes and refill from a barrel :grinning:

3 Likes