Cola's jezzaberry bloom diary

That’s a 9 inch fan you see behind that dishevelled yet still ballooning in size jezzaberry. And a side branch from the “looking well in comparison jezzaberry”

LWICJ smells more and more Cindy like everyday. The other is smelling more kushy?

11 Likes

Nice plants @anon58740919

2 Likes

Apparently I typed up a reply for this the other day and never hit the send button. Nice grow. You guys are seriously pushing me towards getting the SolStrips.

5 Likes

Cheers guys. Glad to have you along for the last of the ride :grin:

You will have absolutely no regrets buying solstrips. Unless you buy hundreds and have them shipped across the pond…you’ll probably wish you didn’t do that…so don’t do that🤣 but for what they do. They’re awesome

8 Likes

You should give solstrips some serious consideration. I’ve never seen growth as vigorous. The plants in the bubblers are only 20 days old or so from seed.

My @anon58740919 beast.

6 Likes

I’d be flipping them now in my tent bro :rofl::rofl::rofl: definitely looking the business. Environmentals look good too man

3 Likes

Yeah the small ones are only a week old so… I’m gonna veg them out for another 3 weeks or so then scrog them mate. I’m trying to keep the regs to the front so i can remove any males that may develope. Cheers for the comment on my grow area. It’s pretty much dialed in other than the bubble buckets having slight green algae (light getting in so hence the over use of duct tape :rofl:) I may look at buying a chiller for my next cycle :+1:

3 Likes

Freeze some old 2 litre cola bottles of water and stick some in tent/cab and have more in the freezer .?!
Hope this helps bro ,

Gaz

5 Likes

Cheers Gaz29. When I used a tote that held 75 litres I didn’t have an algae problem. I suppose the bigger mass of water the harder it is to warm the water up. I’ll give the frozen bottles a try. :+1:

4 Likes

There’s no salvation for this. Closer inspection shows PM growing all up inside the main cola. Going to check the rest of the plant now thoroughly. Hoping it was localised but I’ve had a battle with PM a while now and it’s clearly winning :sweat_smile:

Edit…

Looks like we may get away with just dashing that top in the bin with any luck.

6 Likes

That’s a shame bro, is your humidity going too high when the lights are out? I get that a lot even in a dry house. It’s another good reason to grow autos cos 4hrs of dark with high-ish humidity is way better than 12hrs eh.

3 Likes

It is still getting way up there. And that’s with 2 damp traps and a dehuey :expressionless:

1 Like

Yeh i get the same thing even with active intakes. If you can keep the heat up during lights out it helps but you still need very good air circulation and probably a full sized dehumidifier too i recon. It’s why i decided to start doing autos soon myself. The other half hasn’t had any mold or bud rot issues and the only reason i can see is her lights on much longer than mine.
The UK is a bad place for growing weed unless your operation resembles the space station :grin:

5 Likes

My relative humidity is high just now too, but if that was my plant above , Id pull some of the burnt crispy leaves and seperate the buds from the meristem ( as that’ seems to be a starting point for mould ) and more air passes freely round the plant … but that’s what _i would do _ bro
How long flowering … If you have no more mould then she’s got lovely buds .! ?

Anyway keep in touch ,
Have a good day my friend ,
Gaz

5 Likes

Sounds a bit daft but buy a bag of silica-based cat litter and put a layer on the floor of your grow area around the pot saucers mate. That should attract the moisture and bring down the humidity.
https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/wilko-cat-litter-silicia-38l/p/0433627

3 Likes

Cheers everyone. It’s really getting to me now. Particularly with the size of the other cola. I will try adding some cat litter @Esrgood4u and a sonoff th16 to heater to keep temps up at lights out. Not a bad shout that @Albannach

@Gaz29 I’m not seeing any more mould occurring anywhere luckily. But I’m still going to be taking pre emptive strikes. The PM predominantly occurs at cut sections on the plant so I’m avoiding plucking as much as possible bro

6 Likes

If you can’t get humidity to 55-60% where you live.
You are gonna want to grow the more fluffy, less-dense, sativa bud structure type plants. I have a couple cutting that won’t get botrytis for growing in the summer (Super Lemon Haze / Blueberry)

5 Likes

It’s a new environment I’m trying to dial in bro. Only lived here 11 months so not had a full 4 seasons to grasp what’s what fully. It is unbelievably humid in the UK the majority of the time to be fair. I’ve been on the lookout for smaller plant genetics

4 Likes

lf it was even as dry here as it is in your area bro i’d be well happy, talk about the life aquatic ffs! if it was any wetter i’d have gills and be swimming to work :grin:
Strains bred with high mold resistance as the no1 priority is what we need i recon.

4 Likes

I have the same problem here in summer, I need so much fresh air for cooling that no dehumidifier could keep up. I learned over time, and through trial-and-error which ones won’t rot. Plants that grow skinny-type buds are 10X’s more resistant to botrytis than say a Cindy99-type, football-sized bud.
Here’s a DP Blueberry that happily flowers in 75-80%+ RH
the skinny one (top center) is un-rottable.

9 Likes