Complete grow kit test

Well after a couple of days and the added Epsom

9 Likes

So just a quick update. Little ladies are coming into their own now. The added Epson salt seems to be doing it’s job correcting the issues with the Cheese strain. New growth looking much better. Now time to go grab the vacuum and clean up that coco that the fan has blown into the corner, lol.

7 Likes

Lights moved up 6 inches and turned up to 75%. Will bump up there feed tonight.

6 Likes

I am good with this setup so far. Plants seem to be doing their thing and are happy. As an entry level kit this may turn out to be a decent deal, just have to see how well it does when flowering.

8 Likes

These are getting big fast. They’re growing right before my eyes. Who said a watched pot never boils, lol.

4 Likes

Well the Wedding Cheesecake is showing some signs of life, waiting on lefty to catch up.

11 Likes

LOL, if only I could grow that fast, oh the strains I would have in my jars. :rofl:

5 Likes

I knew hydro grows faster but damn.

5 Likes

Here are the girls today.

11 Likes

Bucket pulled up and following along good sir. Looking good man. Hopefully those cheese pump out some stank.

5 Likes

Thanks man, welcome. The Cheese is from Sun West genetics. Was slower to crack and showed some mag issues but I think the Epsom salt did it’s job as it’s not showing on any new growth. The Wedding Cheesecake is from Fast Buds. I really want to see how this 150 watt Mars light does in flower. Normally I run a 600 watt HLG Rspec with UV bar. It should be good in this small tent. We all know about the some of the stuff Mars has done over the years but I really want to be able to say to some new grower “hey, just grab this kit” as a cheap start. So far the Tent is good, the light seems fine, the carbon filter fan is a bit noisy but does work and has a controller. I think the kit needs a clip fan and PH tester. Well we shall see how it goes but so far it looks promising.

7 Likes

I still don’t have a clip fan. I’m lagging behind the times.

It will be good to see how it does because I have a buddy this would be perfect for.

6 Likes

Yeah a clip fan is really needed in such a small space, no real room for anything else. I put it at the top and aimed it half on the light and half on the wall. It deflects and I can see movement on all the plants while at the same time cooling the light hood. Made a big difference.

7 Likes

I’m stubborn and hooked my fan to ratchet straps from the top bars. One day it will break and I’ll buy the clip one :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Absolutely, whatever works is what I use. Tower fans tie wrapped sideways to the top bar work well in bigger tents.

4 Likes

Nice grow good luck with it

3 Likes

Not to rain on anyone’s parade, who doesn’t love a good parade - BUT, it was a question, not a statement…

biggrin

innocent,
WHAB

2 Likes

What size tent, 2x2 or 2.25x2.25? Both are 5 feet high I believe

My little tent is 2.25x2.25, ts1000 worked great though I chose to add in an additional cheap led from bloom plus, another 94w from the outlet. Ended up with some decent buds

2 Likes

Looking good Doug.

I bought the Mars 2x4 tent and a tsl2000 over a year ago and have had very good results. I’m a satisfied customer. It’s been in constant 12/12 the entire time.

I didn’t buy a kit because I had some odds and ends hanging around so it’s not the same as your experiment but pretty close.

Keep it up and all the best.

7 Likes

Thanks all, the tent is 27"x27"x63".

3 Likes