COMPLETED - Crop King - New York Sour Diesel, now with White Widow

I can’t find any information on the lineage of Dr. Grinspoon.

It would be interesting if the Diesel and Dr. G share lineage.

I think most will just call it a foxtail trait and move on with it… fun though

2 Likes

I dont often pull out my tape measure, but when I do, it’s for things over 10.5 inches…

…and theres at least 8 about that size, plus many many 4" or so. I’m impressed, for an auto?

7 Likes

Thank God for that! Believe me I know when it comes to Barneys stuff flowering for 100 days or longer even lol! :frowning:

1 Like

The foxtail machine is drying:

The two widows are still in there. No sign of slowing down. Maybe I should take away their food? Still feeding htem full strength… Still growing though, getting fatter by the day.

That’s it for my autos…

Cheers,
HH

10 Likes

And the last diesel is in the jar. Did not weigh, looks like 2-2.5 oz did not trim LOL. May still go into butter, then into cookies.

Rockstar used to be in that jar a LONG time ago…

2 Likes

Let the girl flower and take her time man, you will not regret it :slight_smile:
Well, if the humidity is not high :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Lol you solid jinxed it for me @sk1 hehe

Down they come to salvage what is not affected yet

3 Likes

Yikes!

Shitty. Sorry about your luck, man! I’m cringing.

2 Likes

This unexpected bud rot forced my hand… Cut and trimmed. Gonna Express dry for a day to reduce risk of further rot, then back to regular programming.

Roots:

Stem, with that knuckle:

Mrs. Happy helping with trimming

…and the result: Canadian Chandelier. I really have no place for this now… in the living room they stay overnight. Will figure it out tomorrow.

Looks like I caught the rot early. If no more develops them I’m probably out an ounce to two.

Cheers!

7 Likes

So what do you have planned next :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah, I lost almost one entire SSH plant on my last grow to rot. Was the biggest plant, and had at least 3 more weeks yet to go. Really promising.

So now I got a bit paranoid, glad that you spotted it fast.

Nice chandelier !!! Love it, must smell great !

2 Likes

Quite a bit :slight_smile:

In the flower tent theres a bunch of atomic haze in week 5, so that needs to be flowered out. Probably another 6 weeks to go.

In the veg/auto tent there are some Northern Lights, from which I’m in the process of selecting a mom. The babies off the mom are gonna replace haze under the 1k. Still contemplating doing one giant plant under an aggressive scrog.

Then there is that SLH that I only had one seed of. If it’s a male, I’ll collect pollen, otherwise i dont think I’ll be flowering that one out - will mess with my system too much.

I have a lot of auto seeds, which I may run in my breeding tent (2x2), provided I dont use the tent for breeding, which i dont think i will, have very little time lately.

2 Likes

Well, folks, the chopping of the widow marks the end of this grow journal. Thanks for sticking with me for 3 months :slight_smile:

Things learned about Crop King NYCD auto:
Good quality smoke
Quite a bit of genetic variability in the seeds
Fast finishing
Smelly
Tolerant of high nutrient loads
About 2oz per plant dried, either in soil or coco, whether typical or foxtailed. Seems to be their genetic limit…

Things learned about Crop King White Widow auto:
Grows huge
Flowers later
Does not stink
Not as tolerant of high nutrient loads
Heavy heavy yielder
Prone to bud rot, needs much more ventilation and circulation

Things learned in general
These autos take a lot of abuse - high stress training is ok
Didn’t seem to matter what I fed them, grew fine with any complete nutrient

Will I be running more Crop King? Maybe. If I do, I may try some of their regulars, but to be honest I have more seeds than I can run in a year so i think I’ll stick to that. So probably not.

Overall this was a good way to get back into growing after a decade-long break

Thanks for reading!

6 Likes

Nice summary, Happy. Thanks again for posting this grow journal.

3 Likes

I grew 2 CK WWA outdoors this summer in dirt. Mine were pretty smelly near the end. Like you, I went light on nutes (I used leftover Advanced hydro nutes). The buds were very light & fluffy with a fairly small yield - less than 2 oz - but it was outdoor . . . I did experience some powdery mildew but most Ontario growers did this summer.

Your grow looks fantastic. Great job!

tbd

2 Likes

@cogitech, @tobedetermined, thanks for the kind words. I did give it a solid shot, and am very glad the journal turned out entertaining and/or helpful!

As my systems get synchronized and everything falls into place I imagine fewer auto grows, but they will always have a place.

I am hoping to grow enough in the winter to not grow in the summer, except for mostly neglectable outdoors maybe, but at my wife’s 6-7oz per month consumption, I still have a long way to go.

5 Likes

Happy,

Get yourself some Jumbo Grizzly from Kootenay Mountain Seeds for your outdoor grow.

Claims of 20 pounds per plant, and customers confirming up to 22 pounds. :astonished:

Simply insane.

1 Like

20 lbs per plant? Must include the weight of snow on those colas in the kootenays :wink:

Got a shitload of seeds, and genetics in clone, though, so maybe I’ll just run those this year, and see about some outdoor-specific madness next round. Although would be curious to give it a shot for sure. Next time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve got a few from a Grizzly mix pack. If I have some luck with breeding them I’ll be happy to share when the time comes.

2 Likes

Great journal @HappyHemper! I’m already looking forward to the next one.

3 Likes