Concerts this spring

Anyone going to Phish West Coast tour!? Your homie’s looking for 3 day pass to Greek and it’s getting uncomfortably close to the date!! I’m willing to pay cash and trade seeds, a brand new light, cuts, anything I’ve got that you want!!

Also, what other concerts y’all go to often, if you do partake?

6 Likes

Well I have probably seen Bb king the most followed by Zappa, ZZ Top, and Kenny Wayne sheppard. Some buddy guy, csn and almond Bros and govt mule mixed in there also. The rest were the wife’s bands. Oh yeah how could I forget joe Walsh. So stones on their 40 licks tour in Vegas. Had tickets for muddy but he died before the show. Sorry no hook ups for phish.

3 Likes

Dudes it’s a phish show. Just show up. I’ve never not gotten into a show. We have Airbnb for the Wilmington shows, but no tickets yet. Still gonna make the trip. Not worried.

The Goose shows are getting harder to get tickets to since they are gaining popularity and still playing smallish venues compared to phish.

4 Likes

I’m just not close to the Greek. Otherwise, no brainer I’d be there. Don’t wanna spend that $$ in travel to maybe not get in.

1 Like

I’m a live music junkie. Last month I saw Cory Wong feat. Victor Wooten which was excellent.

Coming up I’ve got:
Backwoods Festival over 4/20 weekend.
Tenacious D in May.
Billy Strings in June

Looks like I’ll finally be able to knock “seeing a concert at Red Rocks” off my bucket list in August with Govt Mule’s “Dark Side of the Mule” tour.

I saw my first Phish show in 1992. I see them when it’s convenient but I don’t tour. I stopped counting after my 30th show. They are ignoring the Midwest this summer, but maybe I’ll catch them in the fall. Good luck with tickets! You’ve tried CashOrTrade, right?

4 Likes

I have, yes. Just figured I’d try to barter some rare packs before paying up. 🤷 that’s awesome tho man. Me too. I saw The Motet and Billy Strings at red rocks—just moved to Denver a couple years ago.

Phish west coast is challenging coming from the NE haha

3 Likes

Got Kenny Wayne high one time.

5 Likes

There ya go. Goat…

2 Likes

I’ve seen Billy once before at a festival in 2018. I’m a taper, so I recorded his set. You can stream that here.

I’ve recorded the Motet three times: 2015
2016 2017

4 Likes

By chance any of the motet in Idaho @BarefootAndBlazed !?

1 Like

Unfortunately, not. That’s two in Arkansas and one in Missouri.

Here is my collection of Phish “tapers section” ticket stubs from shows I attended/recorded. You have to request them directly from the band in order to bring audio recording equipment into the venue.

Sometimes you only need a GA ticket to get your recording gear onto the floor (no designated section).

Told you I was a live music junkie :wink:

6 Likes

Thank you for your service!! In GA shows I’m usually hanging around y’all cause I book it towards the soundboard if I can.

Live music is my therapist

3 Likes

That’s unbelievable, how can I listen!?

Do you know anyone with original dead show tapes/do you have any?! Me and a good homie want to know lol

2 Likes

If an artist gives permission, I can upload my recordings to the Live Music Archive on Archive.org. Phish doesn’t allow it unfortunately, but I have loads of recordings from other bands available for free streaming..

I never recorded the original Grateful Dead. My first Dead show was a month before Brent Mydland died in 1990. I saw under 20 GD shows and a handful of Jerry Garcia Band. I was a rabid collector of live recordings (on cassette, then on CD). It was Jerry’s passing that prompted me to become a taper. Today you can hear over 100,000 Dead recordings on the Archive (but no Garcia Band).

I recorded Dead & Co on one of their first tours (11-20-2015, iirc). It was a bit of a snooze fest with the slow tempos. I saw them twice in 2021, but don’t plan to see them on their final tour this summer…

2 Likes

I am going to Phish in Seattle in a couple of weeks.

5 Likes

Is this the start of the Phish thread? I don’t really go both ways, but have seen Phish way more than any band, even the Dead (11 GD ,2 JGB) Saw my first phish show in 95’ on Dead tour somewhere in NJ. Found it!

When worlds collide!

Got to meet Ken Kesey for the first time and some of the Merry Pranksters outside in the lot. I turned the corner walking around all psychedelizied and was slapped upside the head by the sight of the Further bus!!

3 Likes

Yes, this is the new Phish thread!!! lol

3 Likes

Relisten app!!

3 Likes

I love this story so much I would have been on that bus

It’s a game changer! No jgb!!