Cooking with Cannabis

3 Likes

The best “flavorless” edibles I made were water cured buds extracted with freezing cold ethanol. Of course now we have the option of distillate which is already decarbed, ususlly colorless, and flavorless.

3 Likes

{ ANZAC COOKIES } HERES A NICE AUSTRALIAN CLASSIC

strongest Cannabutter can obtain add to taste
1 tablespoon (20ml) of golden syrup
1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
2 tablespoons of boiling water
1 cup of dessicated coconut
1 cup of soft brown sugar (or castor sugar)
1 cup of rolled oats
1 cup of plain flower

Pre-heat your oven to 150 degrees celsius. Melt the cannabutter and golden syrup in saucepan. Dissolve your bicarb in the boiling water and mix in. Combine all the other ingredients into a mixing bowl, then add the melted mixture from the saucepan. Mix to a moist but firm, doughy consistency.
Drop your cookie batter into small dobs onto a greased baking tray, use baking paper if you have it. Space them evenly and don’t go overboard, or you’ll end up with a giant anzac slab!
Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on a cooling rack and enjoy!
I’ll get some pics up on my next bake out…

4 Likes

For us nonconformists that is 302 degrees Fahrenheit.

2 Likes

I like to call it “conversionally challenged”

3 Likes

It looks like most of these recipes call for cannabutter.

I borrow a Kief Decarb recipe from a web site

Summarized here on a PDF.

De-Carbing Kief.pdf (40.6 KB)

This web site is great for learning about Bio-Absorption. They really push coconut oil as the best medium, rather than cannabutter. Gobs of good looking recipes.

5 Likes

BadKittySmiles has done some awesome work with cannabis cooking. I started with her Cannabombs and totally whipped out a party with them. :thumbsup: :bomb:

5 Likes

Something like this?

http://www.livemaguk.com/how-to-do-the-whip-dance/

3 Likes

LOL wiped out. :joy:

4 Likes

Chai Cannamilk

1 1/4 cups milk
7 grams sugar trim bud mix
1 tablespoon butter
1 clove
1 teaspoon cinnamon
(nutmeg optional)
4-5 cardamon pods
(sweetener optional)

First add butter to a small pot on low. When butter is melted add milk and herb. Turn up heat to medium and stir occasionally until slight simmer. Turn heat to low and cover for ten minutes, still stirring occasionally. Grind cardamom, clove, and cinnamon then add to pot. Simmer and stir for 30 minutes, strain and you have a very potent spiced cannamilk for black tea, coffee, or even oatmeal. Milk is very versatile.

I like to add a little to coffee or tea. I don’t measure but i think i get 5-6 doses per batch sometimes. I assume i am getting a gram per dose after loss from cooking.

2 Likes

No cannabis in my sons cakes but I was super baked when I made them so does that count? Lol

Sorry just showin off, I make my sons cake every year and this is probably the best one yet!

9 Likes

The eyes are the tell tale sign… Hehehe otherwise, really cool.

2 Likes

This is a cool subject.

I might add a line or two.

For those who don’t want to use butter and go for a vegetarian/vegan option, you can always use coconut oil/butter with or without the coconut flavour or olive oil.
Just substitute the dairy butter by coconut butter./olive oil. The process is the same except you should add some lecithin.
Because butter has proteins and some natural emulsifiers you don’t need to add lecithin, but since coconut oil is 99% fat it is great vehicle for the cannabinoids but it makes it more difficult for our body to absorb them. This is where the lecithin comes in. It allows you to absorb all the goodies aka cannabinoids, allowing you to use less and get the same results because the oil will bind to other food or liquid present in you digestive tract and more easily absorbed. Think mixing oil with water… exactly they don’t mix, but add some sort of emulsifier you get a stable emulsion think vinaigrette (mustard as the emulsifier) or mayonnaise (the egg yolk and mustard have lecithin).

It’s not imperative you use lecithin, but it sure makes the uptake more efficient and effective plus its good for you body too. Our cell walls need it to function properly. It makes a BIG difference I can tell you.

Now the other tip was, using leafs. Fresh some can taste like crap others are nice. With a tasty vinaigrette even the harshest ones become tasty. Incorporated in a salad it can be really nice.

I will try and come.up with some more suggestions. If that’s ok with you guys :grin::+1:

Peace and weed

2 Likes

Lol ya everytime I do a face they come out cross eyed. Made it exact same as the sample. Oh well lol

2 Likes

Try making them when you aren’t under the influence heheheh

2 Likes

One of my favorite additions to my baked treats now is xanthan gum and guar gum. Even sourdough will take awhile to go stale and home it’s structure much better.

I’m working on a stable recipe to make a Canna flour sourdough. So far buckwheat flour, tapioca flour, and rye flour make a great addition to dough and batter both.

Currently I’ve found that the addition of 8oz of tincture didn’t add enough alcohol to stop any starter from starting :joy: so that was a fun experiment.

Currently I have a mix going with Koji yeast, the natural yeast I the air that got captured during the counter fermenting stage, buckwheat flour, homemade rye flour, homemade oat flour, xanthan gum, guar gum, and bread flour for gluten as I’m not sensitive at all and I’ve found gluten was the key in keeping my hungry starter fed longer than 6 hours even in the fridge. Keep in mind my fridge is a POS that has warm spots and cold spots both randomly through it. Ice cream melts :cry: at best they behave like they’re in a cellar only slightly slowed down. Better than making a hooch every 3 hours :grimacing:

Best part about my mix there is if you make it a very wet starter it makes pancakes as is without any special ratios to remember. Just get to your favorite pancake batter consistency and pour.

3 Likes

HI, Thanx for reaching out!
I’m not sue what your question is. It looks like you know what you are doing. I have found that gluten makes the best traditional sourdough flavor, and as you say, starters work better.

2 Likes

Actually through experimenting I found out something that helps keep what would Otherwise be a heavy rough into a fluffy pillow dough. Mayo, xanthan gum, and guar gum. That’s how I managed to infuse a batch of sourdough bread as well as just a way to add extra oil or liquid to the bread if desired for any reason (butter, avocado, kefir, mayo, etc…)

As for the canna flour I was more thinking about a way to make flour from shake and the like if not straight up bud for any reason. The resin would still stick to everything I used still involving a infused flour and if I’m doing that I’ll use the home ground to make the starter with bread flour and just use the wash from cleaning the mortar and pestle to infuse some bread flour, sugar, and salt :ok_hand: if you keep a living dough it’s an interesting way to recycle leaf waste also.

Sometimes you have excess and this can be a interesting way to use those frosty leaves that may be lying around waiting for something to be used for later.

1 Like

I am not a professional chef, but a pretty good home cook that’s been playing with making edibles for a long time. I used to make my own butter (and will again when the raw materials are abundant) but am currently using stuff made by a farmer friend.

This weekend I’m doing some cooking (I’ve been making chocolates lately - peppermint patties, mounds bars and peanut butter cups - YUM - also have a bangin recipe for ice cream) and am curious to hear other peoples “go to” recipes before breaking out the budder.

3 Likes

Mars Party Bars - makes 30

Ingredients:
2/3 of a cup sweetened condensed milk
2 tbsp melted butter
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp coconut extract
14 ounces of sweetened shredded coconut run through a food processor until it isn’t stringy anymore
Good chocolate for coating

Combine all ingredients in a mixing bow adding the coconut last
The candy will be sticky so chill it for a bit
Measure 1 tbsp portions and form however you like (balls, bars, whatever its all good)
Freeze the uncoated candy bars so that they are nice and cold

Melt chocolate over a double boiler
Coat the bars in chocolate and place on parchment until the chocolate solidifies. It doesn’t take long because the bars are frozen

I like working with sweetened condensed milk for confections because cannabutter incorporates easily.

4 Likes