Corey's first indoor grow

Hey all. I’m a outdoor growsman through and through. I have my first legit indoor plant going, I mean grow to bud. I always start my outdoor plants early. I got 150 high volt led cob full spectrum light over a 5 gallon dwc setup. Jack Skellington is the strain…
I use general hydroponics fert.
I’m confused cuz I think it’s in 3rd week bloom and most people have these 3rd week bloom pics that are just not near as far…
I have colas using koolbloom now 3.5 weeks in. I keep the pH at 6.0. Leaves are pointing up and have a waxy oily look. I rubbed a leaf and felt like I put lotion on my hand. Is this normal?

7 Likes

Some pics would definitely help. You have them in a 12 on 12 off light cycle? How old were the plants from seed when you switched them to flowering?

2 Likes

It’s pretty much a full sativa. I lowered the light to 13 hours off and 11 hours on. I’ll post pics later

2 Likes

Id be doing 12/12 as 13 off may be a bit much, do you let the ph wander a little to help with uptake? How often do you adjust ph? From what i have learned the ph slowly rises in dwc. If yours does try setting the ph to 5.7-5.8 and let it go up to 6.1or something so you arent messing with the ph all the time. (Just my 2c as people say so take it with a grain of salt)

Ps. Plants work on their own timeline. If i compare half of mine to others then my plants are looking puny and tiny for the timeline.

3 Likes

I do 13/11 with no visible changes in yield etc.

4 Likes

That’s probably the issue there. If it is a long flowering sativa it will not make huge buds like most modern poly-hybrids.

5 Likes

I started the flower cycle at 4 and a half weeks. I’m gonna post a couple pics. I just need you guys opinion. Thanks

3 Likes

I adjust the pH when I Chang the solution in the bucket which is every week unless the plant look sick. I am always right at 6. I know this cuz I check the pH before dumping the solution

1 Like

6 Likes

The tops of the plant are starting to droop and I think it’s about 4 weeks. I’m using general hydroponics grow, micro, bloom, and there koolbloom. Am I off on my weeks or is this normal

2 Likes

The buds look good from what I can tell, can we get a picture of the tops that are drooping? Also plants can droop before lights out just an fyi

3 Likes

Looks pretty normal for 4 weeks. They look healthy to me, can’t really see any drooping to speak of.

They’ll start really fattening up in the coming weeks. Good work so far!

5 Likes

Thanks a million guys. I’m gonna upload a better pick. I’m also gonna fabricate something to put around the plant to hold things up. Thanks for ur opinions and compliments. My Internet is so slow out here

4 Likes

Uploading: 20200407_151431.jpg…

5 Likes

Looks totally normal.

Don’t worry. Terms like indica and sativa are only quick shorthand for morphology.

If it looks done, it probably is.

5 Likes

I agree with @vernal looks normal
Flipping to 12/12 there is a transition time I start counting when I see bud development that’s my week 1
11/13 or 10/ 14 schedule will quicken the finish but you’ll lose on weight
I step down mostly sativa strains to quicken there pace

2 Likes

Plants are different, one strain will not grow as big buds as another, take longer or just bulk up later on.

I got some Mesmakronics and some Cheese clones I flipped 4 weeks ago, the mesmakronic flower are prollly 3x the size of the cheese at this point.

As others have pointed out, everything looks normal and on track!

Happy growing!

4 Likes

Thank you all once again! All my questions are answered. I’m sure I’ll have more questions on indoor growing, it’s night and day from guerilla growing. This overgrow site is addictive.
O yeah btw I took a tomato cage and miniaturized it fits perfectly on top of the bubble bucket pretty slick

3 Likes

So do u think it’s getting close? Because I have noticed the hairs and trichomes starting to turn today. For the life of me I really don’t know when this plant started to flower. Like I said this indoor is new to me. Outdoors I wouldn’t hesitate. How long does it take for an indoor plant to finish once the pistols just start to turn and trichomes just start turning milky?

1 Like

See how it looks at week 8. When it stops swelling and stops drinking/consuming nutrients it’s done.

4 Likes