Corey's outdoor 2020/2021 seasons

Hey everyone. I started my spring plants beginning of March and one of them is showing sex. It’s a female but should I put her out because of that? I got just a few more days to go. I do have an extra plant but if you all don’t think it will work out I’ll toss it. Thanks

12 Likes

Why would you throw it out for being female?

8 Likes

I was just wondering same thing lol

4 Likes

I’m worried that it won’t snap out of it, and go into flower mode.

3 Likes

They pretty much always show sex by a month old regardless of veg/flower. That’s when they mature and are actually ready to flower. You have zero to worry about.

6 Likes

Yeah I was a little concerned cuz I’m limited to a certain amount of plants and it’s a fruity pebbles kush strain in the whole batch that just started to do that. I usually don’t see signs of sex till mid july. I’ll take your word for it and put it out. I’m gonna keep this outdoor grow posted. Thanks for your opinion

5 Likes

I mean if its short and indoors you can keep it inside until you are ready to flower her. I don’t know where you are but i’m in northern lat and if i put a plant outdoors right now it’ll start flowering and then stop for summer(reveg, you dont want that) and start up again towards the fall and then finish, so if that’s the same case for you, I would wait until more towards straight summer with shorter nights before putting her outdoors for good.

3 Likes

What does this have to do with being male? Are you planning on breeding it?

2 Likes

I’ve had them start to flower and back to veg and turned out great! Different strains show earlier or later but like mentioned they usually show long before actual full on flowering. Seems like 6-8 weeks iirc.

3 Likes

sounds like it’s just preflowers, i’ve had some plants show preflowers by like the 6th node and i just yesterday had a plant finally show sex (female!) after 7 weeks in veg

6 Likes

I don’t plan on breeding this year. Maybe next year. I gave that plant that was showing sex a good dose of nitrogen and it snapped right out of it. I put them outside in the ground yesterday. I’m in zone 6 and it’s not supposed to frost again. I hope everything is fine.

3 Likes

How big will she get?

31 Likes

Massive.

It’s not even going to start flowering for like…5 weeks.

Multi-lb plant, easy.

10 Likes

Very :ok_hand: nice

1 Like

This plant and the one above are my two organic plants. This year is my first time with organics. I prepped the soil with several hundred pounds of cow and sheep manure compost last year and I have been feeding them with compost teas and nutrient teas. I’m definitely a believer in it so far. I water every 3 to 4 days. Lots of water, and I feed every 7 to 10 days. Any input on what I’m doing with these two would be much appreciated!

15 Likes

They look very healthy, happy and heading for HUGE!!!

Perhaps @gramps can chime in with a little advice on how to feed and manage MONSTERS! BTW, @corey, if you aren’t familiar with the size of plants that are possible for you, you need to check @gramps posts showing the size he starts with and the unbelievably huge plants he ends up with.

5 Likes

Thanks Purple-N-Hairy I will do that

1 Like

Hey overgrowers. I have a concerning problem with one of my plants. I’m trying to upload a pic but can’t right now.
All my tops have yellowed. I haven’t fed her for 10 or 12 days it just went through revegging and we have had a significant temperature drop in the past 24 hours from 85 to 68. I’m very concerned at the moment

2 Likes

5 Likes

that would be 1 i would keep showing sex early if you or in to breeding that a trait that you would want to have in your strain peace and good luck with your grow off to a good start keep it up

3 Likes