Coronavirus Facts and Fiction - January - May 2020 [Closed]

" White House is asking scientists to determine the origin of this virus"

So Trump either doesn’t know or knows he’s being lied to.
Tell me, after these last 3 years how can anyone deny the latter?

1 Like

Its China… Theyre basically the USSR when it comes to contain and protect the look of the republic. They most likely reported the most generic demographic simply to contain and buy time. And more than likely the mortalities amongst the outliers were exacerbated by the virus and did not succumb solely to the virus itself. With that being said, its not something to be taken lightly. I just dont believe this is going to be a world ending pandemic all these news medias are making it out to be.

3 Likes

I’m watching Contagion on Netflix :mask: with the kids tonight!!

2 Likes

I have a conspiracy theory with this one. So my theory is that this this might be a “man made” virus and spread in one of the densely populated slums of China. With a new virus and fear mongering via the news media, people panic. This panic is then funneled into travel bans, trade bans, etc. Now, the US is attempting to have China sign trade deals and drop tariffs agains the import of products. Perfect timing especially with the rest of the world halting all exports out of China amongst other things. To sum it up, I think the US made this, put it in China (SARs came out of there, this is in the same group of viruses so its not an outlandish thought that it mutated); and then start making trades and deals cause its prime time to. But, this is just me thinking deviously.

2 Likes

World ending?
For some 10 million+ (Bill Gates #) it definitely will be world ending.
World changing absolutely.
Say good bye to Uber, fast food, oriental, buffet style restaurants, at the very least.

1 Like

Someone on Zerohedge posted this one today.

1 Like

China has a population of over 1.3B. 10 million people is like a drop of water in an Olympic swimming pool. Not world ending or changing at all. Hell, im going to be surprised if this is even news in 2 months.

1 Like

Picking up from @Northern_Loki
From ZH
Summary:

• Confirmed cases rises to just shy of 35K, deaths surge by 86 to 722, set to surpass SARS total in hours; total number of people under observation rises to 19K.
  • Reporter says ‘real’ death toll could be closer to 20k
  • German scientists say coronavirus can survive for 9 days on surfaces
  • Chinese quarantine expanded to Guangzhou; 400 million now on lockdown
  • Singapore raises response level to Orange
  • Hong Kong confirms case No. 25
  • Death of Dr. Li stokes demands for more free speech in China

" 722 have died - just 50 shy of the SARS record in 2003 - the number of those who have recovered from the diseases is now 2,050,"
722 vs 2050
35 % fatality rate.

3 Likes

6 Likes

He’s a fringe character who seems to subsist entirely on telling antivaxxers what they want to hear. DAE aluminum toxicity?He isn’t peer reviewed, and hasn’t been credible in what appears to be years.

The situation is grave, but I don’t need fake scientists to tell me that.

Pseudoscience is real and everywhere. Be cautious and judicious where you choose to get your information. No matter what I want to believe, I can find a guy who will argue for it. Homeopathy is still everywhere. AIDS denialism is still active.
Astrologers still everywhere. Chiropractors still everywhere. I bet I can find a phrenologist if I look hard enough.

I’m not “dissing” you, I am pointing out that the source is a quack.

1 Like

10 million dead Chinese is nothing compared to 1.2 billion panicking and desperate Chinese.

3 Likes

This is not something to mess with and is way out of control. It is moving way too fast!

2 Likes

I never said that, I said you’re dissing my posts, and whether you like the info or not about vaccines autism rates have exploded with their use.
PLENTY of evidence suggests nCov2019 is an altered virus.
From ZH

Dr. Peng Zhou is one of China’s top virology and immunology experts was and still works at China’s top-rated biohazard lab, the Wuhan Institute of Virology, which some have affectionately called the real Umbrella Corp.
Since 2009, Peng has been the leading Chinese scientist researching the immune mechanism of bats carrying and transmitting lethal viruses in the world.
His primary field of study is researching how and why bats can be infected with some of the most nightmarish viruses in the world including Ebola, SARS and Coronavirus, and not get sick.
He was genetically engineering various immune pathways (such as the STING pathway in bats) to make the bats more or less susceptible to infection, in the process potentially creating a highly resistant mutant superbug.
As part of his studies, Peng also researched mutant Coronavirus strains that overcame the natural immunity of some bats; these are “superbug” Coronavirus strains, which are resistant to any natural immune pathway, and now appear to be out in the wild.
As of mid-November, his lab was actively hiring inexperienced post-docs to help conduct his research into super-Coronaviruses and bat infections.
Peng’s work on virology and bat immunology has received support from the National “You Qing” Fund, the pilot project of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, and the major project of the Ministry of Science and Technology.

If this doesn’t raise an alarm in you, your survival instincts need rebooting.

EDIT
This paper, published in 2007, describes the genetic manipulation at work:
" In this study, we investigated the receptor usage of the SL-CoV S by combining a human immunodeficiency virus-based pseudovirus system with cell lines expressing the ACE2 molecules of human, civet, or horseshoe bat.

2 Likes

5 Likes
2 Likes

Just what I was thinking, CIA new it was there as Bill Gates has the patent, so he knows who has it and where its stored.

2 Likes

Latest via Zerohedge (2/8):

• Officials reported an additional 81 deaths in Hubei on Saturday, bringing the death toll to <s>806</s> 813: more than the total from the entire 2002-2003 SARS outbreak

• WHO reported 31,481 confirmed global cases on Friday, up by 3,000+ cases from Thursday; SCMP says total cases closer to 35k. <s>37,162</s> 37,549 confirmed infections reported as of today.

• First American citizen has died

• First Japanese citizen suspected of succumbing to virus

• France elevates travel advisory to orange after 5 Britons fall ill in ski resort

• Roundup of suspected infected in Wuhan continues

• Beijing appoints Xi protege to help lead virus response

• Vigil for Dr. Li held in Hong Kong

• China blocks Foxconn plan to reopen factories

• Lockdown spreads to Chengdu, China’s sixth largest city (14.4. million)
6 Likes

The one big thing I worry about is when not if this virus spreads within the USA and other countries of the world
when the food supplies run down in stores and not one to drive the trucks to bring in new supplies.
It’s what happens next, the pandemonium that follows, roaming gangs of marauders in search of food and water.
And then the Guns come out…

5 Likes

“Speaking to reporters a few days after the city was put under quarantine, the mayor estimated that 5 million people had already left.“

1 Like

We have noticed a significant drop in regular foot traffic at the local stores in the last couple weeks which we attributed to the current scare. That got me thinking about potential shifts in customer behaviours, primarily I wondered if there would be a significant shift in folks ordering on-line and would this be a permanent change? Yes, cue the Amazon drone fleets…
Which begs questions such as, what might be ‘the new normal’ in 5 years, what will be the fate of bricks and mortar retail?
Time to spark a spliff and cogitate our possible future…

3 Likes