Coronavirus Facts and Fiction - January - May 2020 [Closed]

Latest via Zerohedge (2/9):

Confirmed cases 40,158 40,510 up from 37,549 yesterday.

• Virus death toll surpasses SARS (total: <s>813</s> <s>906</s> 910)

• Exiled Chinese billionaire says true death toll closer to 50k, 1.5 million infected

• New cases confirmed in UK, Spain, Singapore

• Passengers aboard 'Diamond Princess' warn authorities aren't doing enough to protect them - and others

• Officials in Shenzen say they won't block Foxxconn factory reopening

• Cruise ship quarantined in Hong Kong allowed to leave after 4 days

Developing: Researches are now suggesting that this virus may be transmitted as aerosols. If they are correct, this is a bad development.

5 Likes

I am kind of starting to think China allowed this Virus to leak out into the World so they would get the help and support needed to fight it.

4 Likes

To me the most likely explanation is a poorly trained tech either got the virus or got someone else infected through incompetence and it spread from there.
But it is definitely of lab origin.

7 Likes

Few deaths that we know of. I think that governments fear panic even more than this thing.
Not into conspiracy theories, just having watched Governments panic
like the last financial meltdown in the USA.
Watching the fear they showed on their faces scared me more than the crisis itself.

What’s going on is understandably crazy as people hoard and prices on survival anything goes up until there is no more to be had.

2 Likes

Hundreds being checked for exposure by “super-spreader” who has infected at least 7 others in a French ski resort of, I kid you not, Les Contamines-Montjoie.
Contaminé meaning"HIV-infected".
Sometimes it just can’t be made up.

EDIT
Motivational Doc has some practical steps for boosting your immune system and dealing with stress.

2 Likes

“The detection of a small number of cases may indicate more widespread transmission in other countries; in short, we may only be seeing the tip of the iceberg.”

5 Likes

Cruise ship off the coast of Japan confirms 66 additional cases, bringing total to 136

Previously having encouraged international travel, the WHO is now cautiously signalling a change in their direction as calls for the ouster of the WHO’s director (Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus) grow louder:

There’ve been some concerning instances of onward #2019nCoV spread from people with no travel history to :cn:. The detection of a small number of cases may indicate more widespread transmission in other countries; in short, we may only be seeing the tip of the iceberg. [1]

Sensible statement

In my daily briefing to media on #2019nCoV today, I focused on the importance of facts not fear in this outbreak. People must have access to accurate information to protect themselves and others.

But, to date, they’ve been pretty good about echoing the CCP data and propaganda stating that anything else amounts to “rumours, fear and racism” [3]. All this while the CCP institutes the equivalent of martial law on millions. 
still awaiting for any of that “accurate information”.

Perhaps they just need additional encouragement in the form of gold coins. Up until now, they seem to be more interested in fundraising across social media:

In the spirit of financial solidarity, donors have been stepping up, but we have not reached our goal of US$675 million for @WHO and vulnerable countries. #2019nCoV
Anyone with any sort of credibility in a position such as his should have little problem raising funds from their high level contacts internationally.

Job well done, a-hole.

The WHO’s position up till recently. It’s just the flu:

4 Likes

Yeah
the same WHO that didn’t want to call the ball and say WORLDWIDE emergency!
Luckily today, we can use the net, accumulate information, and decide the best course to follow for ourselves.

3 Likes

Now yer on to the real story, same as with Sars. Just wondering if any of the numbers for chronavirus infection are categorized by race or blood type? Virilency among NonAsians during the sars epidemic was very very low, hence my previous comment about the flu
 with a low infection rate among people with type ‘O’ blood. Sars was not as much a threat to the population at large. So call me a racist piece of crap or whatever, but I’m not too concerned unless NON-urban communities in Canada start getting the infection. Then as always isolation and firearms will do just fine. If it is as bad as some seem to think (or want??), Show me an infected healthy white man, who wasn’t a doctor working directly with patients and their fluids, and I might take some time off work. Or throw my bat guano away and take a hiatus on Amazon shopping

4 Likes

That last phrase may be the worlds biggest concern

3 Likes

They are being tight lipped on what genders and nationalities have been infected. Easier to spread fear and hate without proper statistics

2 Likes

Well they should at least say what they know to prevent any further spreading of this virus. I mean if it is generally isolated towards a certain group then it makes a Hell of a lot of sense to be more vigilent against that group who may be the sorce.

1 Like

Moving the goalposts irregardless of WHO’s definitions:

As reported by local media this morning, the Chinese National Health Commission quietly changed its definition of Coronavirus “confirmed case” in the latest guideline dated 7/2. As a result, going forward patients who tested positive for the virus but have no symptoms will no longer be regarded as confirmed. As Alex Lam observes, “this inevitably will lower the numbers.”[1]

5 Likes

Looks like they have been lying right from the start as we have thought.

2 Likes

I figure a few more days or a week and people will start wearing gloves and masks

1 Like

Cruise ship confirms 66 more infected on top of the 70 cases. Seems like China is now working hard at making things seem normal.

Damn

The British government declared the virus a “serious and imminent threat to public health,” which it said gives authorities powers to forcibly detain infected people if necessary.

2 Likes

Maybe China should be on a worldwide quarantine for a couple months
people will just have to pay a little extra for Mass produced trash
 Walmart might take a hit so win win situation

2 Likes

Hahahahaha that cat is awesome

5 Likes

That is the way they have been packin the cats when they leave the meat stores now

2 Likes