Coronavirus Facts and Fiction - January - May 2020 [Closed]

Latest via Zerohedge (2/12):

• China's Hubei province admits a massive spike in virus cases and deaths (14,840 additional cases and  242 additional deaths) === **60,326 confirmed cases, 1368 deaths.** Up from 45K.

• The Sun reports first case confirmed in London, bringing UK total to 9

• China Grand Prix cancelled

• Couple onboard 'Diamond Princess' tell CNBC situation is "frankly terrifying".

• AFP publishes report exposing worsening shortages of food and supplies in Wuhan

• Cruise ship rejected by four countries allowed to dock in Cambodia

• Rumors of 10k in Wuhan not included in official count of cases

• NYT follows WSJ in exploring problems with Chinese testing kits

• Global Times says US should restart travel to China

• US officials complain about China still denying American help

• First ship-to-shore infection occurs in Japan from 'Diamond Princess'

• State Department lets non-essential personnel and their families leave Hong Kong because of outbreak

• San Diego confirms 2nd case, bringing US total to 14

Huge jump. I wonder why? Oh, theyā€™ve redefined confirmed cases once again along with what the word ā€œdeadā€ actually means.

8 Likes

From the article,
ā€œAnd just like that we are back on the quadratic growth path in new cases, as one would expect from an exponentially spreading viral pandemic.ā€

Now the questioning mind has to ask:
ā€œWhat prevents this from happening here?ā€
ā€œHow do I protect myself, my family, my loved ones?ā€

Understood that the sanitation in China is appalling yet the Chinese population, until late, has surged in spite of this so one could hazard a guess that some immunity has built up.
And itā€™s not a factor now that it is human to human transmissible.

My non-SWAG is that it may hit here pretty hard, much (90%!) of the pharmaceuticals in use in the USA are produced in China.
So we are pretty much stuck with the stock on hand. If this thing takes off here as well as globally, our medical resources will be stressed to the maximum.
Already the Dr. I saw last week mentioned running low on surgical gloves, masks and other sundries.

It would not surprise me to have martial law declared in areas of dense population should an outbreak occur there.
Quite frankly one should expect orders to stay indoors in place and maybe be prepared for searches.

Still in Dr. Martensonā€™s last vid I posted, he mentions the great majority of cases have symptoms no greater than a mild cold, the severely ill who require hospitalization have the greatest percentage of fatalities.

EDIT
I should add, the vid gives a great explanation as to how vaccines are developed, and how the vaccine for SARS, which draws an inevitable comparison, caused greater illness and was worse for the patient than nothing.
Vaccines are at best, a distant hope.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Well thatā€™s not concerning or anythingā€¦ Iā€™ve got my spot in the mountains picked out lol

6 Likes

The large number of deaths caused by the Black Plague was probably the biggest factor leading to the Renaissanceā€¦soooā€¦

4 Likes

Good point.
But for such an enlightenment to occur, the previous society must swept aside.
And societal upheaval has consequences.

2 Likes

Well, so much for the BS that is is waning!:mask:

2 Likes

Hey Loki appreciate the info
I was wondering have you or anyone else hear anything more about type O blood and itā€™s ability to fend off the Virus, or was that just the older SARS virus?

I firmly believe all out Governments are lying to all the people except for the ones in the Loop, and even then they are not talking out of fear of incarceration or worse.

Now a funny

3 Likes

Iā€™ve seen some rumors about that namely around the SARS variant but havenā€™t seen anything from the scientific community. Iā€™ll keep an eye out for any info on thatā€¦

4 Likes
3 Likes

Good news, sort of.
Chris Martenson has a new vid, 80% of corona virus victims recover with little ill effect.

EDIT

These next two vids break down the mechanism involved in viral infections and how the immune system reacts.
Dr Seheult explains:

2 Likes

So 20% of the population is what they were looking for.
I wonder what makes that 20 % die off while the other recover with little effect.
Man what a great way to reduce the surplus population .
So let us say the world will have approx 7.8 billion peoplel in 2020, and 20% is 1.56 billion if the virus spreads to everyone.
That is a lot of victims.
Maybe the New World order knows more about this then they have let on.

3 Likes

According to Dr Seheult, length and quality of sleep may be a factor in recovery.
Critical care folks, night shift workers have the greatest risk of severe infection.
Which sucks for me, 3-4 hours a night puts me, along with other factors, in a high risk category.

4 Likes

I am surrounded by shift workers. I work shift but straight days. The shift that is on night rotation is always sick. I usually avoid their plagues, but if my sleep bank gets too depleted I get sick right away. A good nights sleep for me personally coupled with good hygiene makes me miss most bugs.

5 Likes

Most people who work shifts especially night die 5-7 years earlier than people who donā€™t. Itā€™s to do with ultradium body rythms getting fucked up by non regular sleep patterns.

5 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m one of only 2 ppl in my company that gets this 14 on off straight day shift. Hard to pass up. Comfy af

5 Likes

So long as you sleep at night regularly your ok, itā€™s when you sleep gets switched about every couple of weeks it causes problems.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear that, man. It sucks for my daughter too. She has terrible eczema on much of her body and face right now, so she isnā€™t getting much sleep, and on top of that she has asthma. I suspect she could be hit really hard by this bug.

If this shit gets real Iā€™ll pull her out of school.

5 Likes

Sorry to hear that as well, though she has youth on her side.
I had a horrific skin disorder that at various times was diagnosed as eczema, dermatitis or a good old fashioned ā€œallergicā€ reaction to a substance I worked with.

Finally one Dr gave me a prescription for Eucrisa topical ointment.
That stuff CURED my condition in about two weeks.
I suffered with those rashes for 15 yrs and it was gone!
Occasionally it pops up to say hello but I havenā€™t had to use it since it vanishes within a day or two.
They banned that substance from my workplace but residues are still most everywhere.
Kinda pricey @ $80 bucks for a 5 inch tube (2oz) but cheap for magic.

5 Likes

You know @GramTorino, I couldā€™ve sworn I saw a similar vid but it was filmed by a woman in an airliner.
Canā€™t find a link though.

3 Likes