Coronavirus Facts and Fiction - January - May 2020 [Closed]

That strategy would economically back fire. As it is doing now.

A follow on conversation would actually encourage stronger trade protection for the US which is not what China wants (unless they want to go back into isolation on the world stage, I strongly doubt it).

If traced to one of the labs, accidental or non-sanctioned release would be my first guess. I’m having a hard time figuring what a purposeful release would accomplish beyond genocide or tightening the power structures grip on their society. Which could also backfire.

Where they have beat the US is based on our own greed. Corporation, politicians, and us (Walmart shoppers). They allowed the decimation of our manufacturing base to point of eating into strategic industries.

Recall the most self serving idiotic phrase I’ve ever heard from a national security perspective, “we’ll become a service economy”. Which means, we’ll just manage other countries labor and industry to produce goods for us and then take any profit. Yeah, right. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. I’m mean, next level dumb. Short term thinking from those who already have the loftiest positions as Captains of industry. But, it’s enough to convince the plebs that the US population can sit around in their Pajamas, manage other peoples work, and receive trickle down profits off others labor. FFS, the US has allowed the outsource of the manufacturing of advanced military technologies (stealth, composites, etc) to our adversaries. How f’ing insane is that?

7 Likes

Just a little fun to a far to serious subject

6 Likes

If this had originated in Hong Kong or Taiwan, one could assume intentional release.
But this went off in their own backyard, had to be a mistake.
According to this paper an organism the same or similar was made in 2007.
ZH reported the Dr running the Wuhan lab employed inexperienced personnel in November.

2 Likes

Latest via Zerohedge (2/15):

• First COVID-19 death in Europe

• More cases reported in Africa

• COVID-19 case confirmed on cruise ship offered safe harbor in Cambodia.

• "Leaked" speech suggests Xi involved in fighting coronavirus earlier than previously known

• More than 200 cases reported aboard 'Diamond Princess'

• France confirms 12th case as virus spreads in Europe

Additionally:

• Eight new cases in Tokyo, Japan (not on the cruise-ship)
  • Three new cases in Yuasa, Japan
  • One new case in Thailand
  • Two new cases in Malaysia

Total Confirmed: 69,256 Deceased: 1,669

4 Likes
3 Likes

Some longer term effects are now beginning to show.

There is no known natural immunity to this one, folks should start planning on it reaching here, there, everywhere - in force.

5 Likes

If you’re paying attention to other news you’d think the whole world is going whack:

EDIT
Cyclones in the Northern Hemisphere in the dead of winter.

4 Likes

Sorta reminds me of the “War Room” in the Movie Outbreak!

3 Likes

8 Likes

OK Loki and anyone else here
I see the number of people infected , the number dead, and number recovered
The number recovered is no where near the number still infected , what is the time length on those infected until they are deemed recovered.
Anyone else notice not many are fully recovered yet.
Still trying to grasp at this.

6 Likes

I don’t know. I’m relying on the experts to make the interpretation of what that number actually mean because, I too, don’t fully grasp the recovery rate.

They could be waiting until the test results show-up negative as being recovered. Or, maybe it’s something else.

1 Like

The thing that worries me is that no Government has really sat down and explained anything about what the hell is going on with this virus (almost as if they are just keeping it quiet until it is spread world wide everywhere, not just a few pop up cases)
I guess at this point it is a wait and see game and no need to cause a world panic which would cripple the worlds economics everywhere.
Oh well, nothing we can do.

4 Likes

Yes, very minimal information possibly to avoid spooking the markets and the population. I don’t like that strategy since it leads to conjecture and the significant risk for sudden panic and supply chain shock if things become visible.

Watch what they do as opposed to what is being said. Looking at the CCP is a good example. Every thing is perfectly fine and under control according to them. At the same time, mass quarantines and the entire economy has been ground to a halt. Right, that’s a normal reaction for the “flu”. At least, I’ve never seen that kind of reaction since I’ve been alive.

The US has ~18 quarantine sites set-up and ready across the states[1]. If they start expanding with more locations then we know it’s already uncontrolled and spreading within the population. Having them spread out in this fashion is also telling us something. Hospitals are already screening for the virus by default.

Just pay attention and make rational decision as to the risk. Prepare appropriately if the risk exceeds your tolerance.

8 Likes

Remember the FEMA Camps ?
I think we should be building Hospital and care centers now.
Or update what we have to be used as mass care centers.
To be honest we are Fucked
Just imagine someone weaponized this virus with say Ebola or similar and it just has not shown it’s ugly head yet.
Mankind almost deserves this after thinking of ways for yrs how to kill the masses of their enemy

5 Likes

Well, well.
Hmmmm?

8 Likes

Synchronicity from the human unified mind field. The information is there you just have to tap into it.

It’s funny whenever there is a type of new invention, that affects humanity, there will always be several people who are working on it seperatly around the planet, as if they all got the same idea at the same time.

Could have been channeld to him as a warning of what is to come, like George Orwell’s ( thanks Calyxander) 1984 book.

7 Likes

In the Book does this virus mutate?

2 Likes

Even though I mentioned that this virus might have been weaponized upthread, I no longer believe that is the case.

In what looks to be a blueprint of how this virus was designed this paper clearly states that the effort was made to gain an understanding of how bats could carry these types of virus without ill effect.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions, it seems once again.

5 Likes

I do not know, not having read the book.
It is not mentioned in the synopsis of the book in the article I linked.

I did try to get a copy to read on Openlibrary.org, but there is already a waiting list of 17.
I have read a few of Koontz’s other books, and found them to be fairly entertaining.
BTW, Openlibrary is a great site from which you can borrow an amazing amount of ebooks.
Highly recommended.

5 Likes

Latest via Zerohedge (2/16):

• Taiwan reports 1st coronavirus death

• Hubei reports 1,933 new cases, 100 deaths

• Hubei health officials report 1,933 new cases, 100 new deaths

• Taiwan taxi driver who died from virus carried passengers from mainland, Hong Kong, Macau

• Singapore reports 3 more cases

• Total cases aboard 'Diamond Princess' climbs to 355 as US prepares to evacuate citizens

• Indonesia says 6 passengers from Westerdam cruise ship tested negative

• There are now at least 68,500 cases worldwide, and at least 1,665 deaths from the Covid-19 virus

• Japan found 70 more cases aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship

• Second African confirms suspected coronavirus case

• Hubei province, the outbreak's epicenter, reported fewer new infections for the second day

• Bill Gates warns "10 million deaths" possible in Africa

• China's facemask shortage likely won't be over anytime soon

• WHO says Beijing's actions bought the world time, but "we don't know how much time"

Goal seeked data. Total Confirmed: 71,329 Deceased: 1,775

7 Likes