Coronavirus Facts and Fiction - January - May 2020 [Closed]

2 Likes

Imagine that Bill Gates

3 Likes

Did they just say itā€™s 280 meters from the epicenter/market and that they were doing studies on bats?

Wasnā€™t it a conspiracy theory just weeks ago when others said the exact samething.

7 Likes

If this thing kills 10 million people outside of China I would like to see some kind of sanction brought against china something real and profound not war but isolation or something

4 Likes

They should also compensate families, not that its any consolation to losing a loved one, but in this day and age, if you lose a partner, you can lose everything from financial difficulties.

6 Likes

Oh Gee Lookie here, a level 5 germ lab just happens to be right there
Told ya so .
Ah-so or should I say assholesā€¦
Some type of retrobution needs to be applied.
Confucius Saysā€¦
Me chinese me so bad, me make virus in my lab.
Or We put Bat Pee in your coke.
Just trying to lighten the mood

3 Likes

OK serious question, is anyone starting to store extra food and essentials? We have been storing up a few things just in case if not when this goes full blown spread in N. America and alike.
I have not stored water in a while, figure if we need water then something really bad happened to the system and we will all be screwed anyway. (nukes going off near cities) I will not survive a hit where we are.
Something to think aboutā€¦
Remember if our cities get to be like China you will be in your house for quite some time, I donā€™t even know if they know how long this illness can stay in the human body and spread,
It has all been a game of chance and crossed fingers so far.

6 Likes

Stiggy, itā€™s never a bad idea to have a month or two worth of supplies on hand. To make it more cost efficient I try to buy stuff on sale and it must be things my family would consume anyway.

Mac n cheese for example. ( wife wont let it in house) say you consume 48 boxes a year. But you usually only buy 2 to 3 boxes per trip. Buy more now if you choose. Thatā€™s about as far as I have went. Maybe a little shopping at my tool crib. I verify employer purchases monthly anyway lolā€¦

Iā€™m really not concerned yet. I have my personal red line and only then will I consider action.

Edit: I have purchased more ammo but thatā€™s something I did pre wuflu as well.

7 Likes

Iā€™m starting to think about putting in an RO system again. Also maybe not a bad idea to get some face shields to have around.

6 Likes

Thanks Poppa
I have several months worth of MRE type food
I have had them just in case the economy takes a dirt nap.
If the food supply runs out so will the way people think and act.
I have enogh ammo to fend for my family also if need be.
I was saying for this crisis which I believe is coming people sould prepare now and stock up on can , goods (soups Veg, and broths) Dry goods (dry beans 50lb bags cheap, rice 25 lb bags also cheap)
you can survive a long time in isolation with fuel and water.

They are trying to fluff this off as like the flu, donā€™t be fooled.

4 Likes

This kinda sucks:

https://www.stltoday.com/news/national/americans-evacuated-from-a-quarantined-cruise-ship-get-stuck-on/article_04d27067-b86e-5176-ad10-8fbf9a3cfd3b.html

1 Like

I keep atleast a months supply also have a great place to go where cell phones donā€™t work internet doesnā€™t exist water comes out a well, storm cellar is filled to the roof with can goods and enough guns to keep the peace that would be a dangerous road to go down nothing but good ole boys not used to being pushed aroundā€¦thatā€™s what keeps foreign Invaders out just about any single state has enough armed citizens to take over a country if they wanted

6 Likes

@Buzzer777 you close to me? Seen the paper the link is from

1 Like

American or not they need quarantined immediately on touch down along with all the flight crew

2 Likes

Sorry noā€¦I just noticed the link.

1 Like

I agree about the quarantine of courseā€¦but they need a bathroom etc. and while admirable, a separate plane for those infected would have been a better solution imo.

2 Likes

For sure but I bet it was a last minute scramble situationā€¦if I was a sick American citizen and we ported in Japan thatā€™s where I would stay until I was 100% cleared

3 Likes

Porta potties and simple curtains would have been better than nothing, but I agreeā€¦it was in a pinch and I as well would have preferred to remain in Japan

1 Like

Sounds like you are well prepared.

The End Times are upon us.
Repent one and all!

ETA-
(I was being facetious)

4 Likes