Could it be mold?

Hi everyone, I have this problem … could it be mold? The extraction and ventilation is active every quarter of an hour!

6 Likes

Uh oh I think you have some bud rot.

9 Likes

Looks like Botyris to me :pensive:

9 Likes

Hack that top off before it infects more!

3 Likes

Yes, definitely bud rot :nauseated_face:

Cheers
G

7 Likes

Yes, that’s bad.

Cut it off. Don’t be stingy and try to save some. Cut it out aggressively.

Best of luck.

6 Likes

@Purple-N-Hairy @Foreigner @Gpaw @TopicalWave @Neb I heard your advice, I cut the 2 florets, in fact yes, I think it is Botrytis, thank goodness I noticed it in time, the other plants are fine but tomorrow I will check everything for good!
Why did this happen? I have the extractor and the ventilation is active every quarter of an hour, the humidity is at 30%, I don’t understand!

3 Likes

I personally would take that whole top to be sure.

Some plants have very little resistance to botyris… those buds look pretty dense which is another thing. All it takes is few spores to get going…

5 Likes

Can I keep the fan on 24/24?

2 Likes

:sob:

2 Likes

You can do whatever you want, Gugol.

2 Likes

cool brò are only 2 florets!

1 Like

If you have hydrogen peroxide, you can treat the stem part with it. Botrytis usually works it’s way from inside out, so I would take care of that infection.

2 Likes

yeah fan 24/7 I never turn mine off. do you just have the small clip fan?

2 Likes

Sometimes shit happens.

For what it’s worth my exhaust fan runs 24/7 and I have a big fan pointed through the canopy.

3 Likes

me too… AND STILL shit like this can happen!
Best is to as you are: control the damage and curse the damn God of Botrytis!!!

7 Likes

Always exhaust 24/7 in tents

Always have fans running.

7 Likes

That infestation has been brewing for 40 days already, so it started long ago.

5 Likes

I just binned a whole plant that got
Mold only found it on 2 buds but fux it never take chances with shit like that,was one of my lambs breath/Romulan plants rest of the plants are fine

1 Like

Yup Budrot. I’ll just throw out my $.02 and tell you to harvest it right now. The spores are there already, you can not realistically trim it out/off. That’s the first instinct, to save the bud. But I think the most bud that you will get from that plant would be taking it right now. When I see rot, and this summer there was enough, I harvest…that is my rot response. Trying to trim it out never worked for me. Trim out 1 spot and then there are 4…ymmv, good luck

1 Like