Cradle to grave. Seeds, clones, STS, germination and more

Wow, you are already on thibking about F3? I was just thinking about starting my F2 run. I have some other F2s from @Scissor-Hanz I want to explore as well. I got sidetracked with Juanita. :grin:

4 Likes

I have grown a few of @Scissor-Hanz crosses and have a few plants of his either in flower or still vegging - im loving the g13/Afghani #1 at nearly half way done :arrow_heading_down:

Halfway through :leftwards_arrow_with_hook:

A couple of pics of my g13/Afghani ( Hanz’s) in flower ( i have another female too ( of g13afghani),-along with his blueberry x Jesus og, Blueberry cookies Kush and cromJog kping sum plants small ( ish) til i get my second light over them but whatever crosses @Scissor-Hanz has sent you should be :fire:mate.
Good luck with picking your next cross/strain for next grow …!
Gaz

5 Likes

They are Divyder F2s. I’ve been collecting Divyder F2s from other members for multiple lines (easy to remember by username).

3 Likes

Thanks bro. :slight_smile: I’ve been thinking about splitting the Gifted Seeds thread since I first ran the ST4 because it wasn’t gifted to me. That one will be a little less interesting since it will be just the 1st grow of gifted seeds from no on. Most of the more interesting stuff will be here.

@Gaz29, our brother @Scissor-Hanz sent me 5 strains recently. I am looking forward to them all. The one I look forward to trying the most is G13 x A#1. I’ve read great things about both strains individually, so a hybrid of them should also be great.

Hi, @Dee.S73. This is my 3rd grow of the ST4. I hadn’t experienced that yet, but I use 21/3. I’m not planning on having exclusively autos. My next grow of the ST4, using the remaining ST4 seeds I have, will get pollinated the correct way. I’d have had seeds from these by now if I’d gotten a male in that 1st grow. I like the idea of having both an auto and a photo of the ST4. So, I won’t be ruining my only Sweet Tooth 4. Variety, the spice of life. :thumbsup:

That’s encouraging, @Fuel. :smile:

Yup. P110 & P111 are my F2 run, @ReikoX . I have pollinated an OG Kush and ST4 with my original Divyder pollen as well and have plenty left. I originally thought I wanted the propagate the shorter Divyder because I like the idea of shorter plants, but after my second grow from the seeds you sent came out to be only 25.5" at the tallest, I will now be looking to propagate the taller version. Those 2 foot tall plants were effin’ awesome!! :joy::fireworks::tada:

I may not get to F3 so soon though, you and @Gaz29 have sent me some other autos that I want to try out as well.

I’m not sure what this is in response to.

If you’d like some of my Divyder F2s when they are ready, you are welcome to them. What a great way to breed variety into your new strain.

3 Likes

Yes that would be awesome. Keep me in mind when they are ready. :+1::seedling:

1 Like

You’ve been definitely lucky, it seems …

Peace
DS

Instead your post mentionning the Sweet Tooth P1, he’s mentionning the SPG as pure. If you have the chance someday to grow the both as pure, you will understand why i’m so picky about that.

And also it’s a logical problematic in a direct BX from the ST#4 and this cut, than he call “ST#5” and than i follow since the begin in the MadScientist growlog. Where you can find also my comment about this work. Beaudelaire is not that guy than will spread inaccurate informations for nothing, at the risk to fool people on genetics. I think it’s important to respect this behavior than today is more than rare, in staying accurate.

My ST#3 don’t carry any autoflowering trait since decades, specially because i’ve choosed to keep it pure. You can also get informations on this problematic with Chimera : he have tryed to recreate the original Sweet Tooth years ago from scratch with the orginal sources : BB and SPG.

@Fuel: don’t know what’s your problem with me but if you took time to do your homework you would know that I did grow swt3 starting in 2002 when i got them straight from Steve’s big hands in his place in Switzerland.
I do know Sol strains quite well and I do think Steve is the most knowledgeable breeder around, that’s all…
As I already said, keeping at any cost a wonderful swt3 mom that had the auto flowering tendency was what made me switch to 24/0 for mom vegging. Swt statisticaly had autoflowering behavior in not small percentage., nothing to complain about though…
So, if you popped 500+ seeds and NEVER found any with this behavior… I would say those weren’t swt3 or you are a really lucky guy… buy a lottery ticket soon !
peace,
DS
edit : I did linked that post cause it was the most recent one where @Baudelaire talked about that.
im pretty sure he already talked about it in Swt3 and I’m convinced that he can confirm this …

I think “auto-flowering”, really more a low-level florescence under long-day photoperiods than auto-flowering to maturation as with full auto-flowering strains, is a well-documented trait in strains that use the Sweet Pink Grapefruit clone in their heritage, Sweet Tooth included. It’s often quite tolerable in female individuals but can be pronounced and terminal in males. My comments on @MadScientist 's thread were referring to a test cross between SPG and Sweet Tooth 4, where one might expect the trait to be more prominent, as the SPG genetics are “doubled-up” in that particular cross.

-b420

3 Likes

Always good to read your tempered insight, beaudelaire.

I still not convinced to generalize the autoflowering trait with the sweet tooth and all its successive BX and hybrids. But the brother in law of Breeder Steve have said than any sweet tooth not auto-flowering is fake ^^ So i will end here the madness, my point is shared. No need to turn around more.

1 Like

I cloned the plants but lost the tags, so now, i will be guessing which one is which, but hopefully they do not show that trait for me…

Thanks, Mr. B, you rock man!

I think the trait is not ubiquitous and can certainly be controlled with day length (18+ hrs) and root ball maintenance (root-boundness being a widely observed environmental trigger). I think the trait is less prominent in SWT #3. But it’s a numbers game, if you’ve got a SWT3 mother that hasn’t shown the trait over time, you’ve probably got a keeper. -b420

2 Likes

I will @ReikoX. I am only growing seeds on 2 small branches from each. You can have half of what I get. I plan to take it through all the filial levels to predictably get plants like my second grow, 2 feet tall and heavy with buds.

I am getting 2 different phenotypes in this seed grow, a tall, columnar and a short bush. I am at 33 days to harvest (harvesting at 90 days from sprout). Do you want both?

Less thinking and more doing. These are great plants and you made them, you should have a signature filial.

I’ve been thinking about this since I first read it, @Dee.S73. I’ve read the followup posts concerning yours. It occurs to me that this tendency would only be helpful. I think it means it will be easier to get an auto flowering Sweet Tooth because of this. I originally thought it would be easier to get them to be shorter than it would be to get them to turn auto. I like the autos I’ve been growing, auto flowering ST4 and OG Kush would be fine with me.

@Baudelaire, do you think that tendency will translate to an easier conversion to autoflower?

OT
What a mature comment…
Got really nothing smarter to say than " Steve brother in law" ??
That’s honestly deceiving from someone like you @Fuel… I get we all have different opinions and support them, that’s right… but this… Let’s take it in pm if you have something else equally smart to say.
/OT
Sorry for polluting the thread, Cobra
DS

1 Like

That’s the point and why i’m so radical about it; i work it in parralel lines (there are 6) and the work on it is sequential. It avoid any subjective qualification than is purely quantitative. Each line use a different initial P1 couple in a 4way program. So, i truly maintain and preserve it since years and sacrify a lot of space for her no matter what and where. Continuously.

The real number of specimens i’m talking about is just not decent to write here, and it doesn’t take in count the number of hybrids i’ve made with it. Only to affirm than the ST#3 don’t carry any autoflowering trait is not decent, and by extension the initial ST. And i don’t like that at all, yes. I don’t want than this blood encounter the same problematic than most of valuable classics today : i prefer it totally unknown and private rather than bad know and promised to be extinguished this way.

And if ever you ask me why it’s so much difficult to make a solid fem line with the SPG, i can also answer to this. But it’s not my concern here.

Damn healthy plant, all her leaves are still green. I can’t wait to see her finished @Gaz29, so I can see what to look forward to. How long are you Flowering her for?

It is gonna be Chocolate Kush. I’ll feminize some seeds with it. The next grow after that will be the Colombian Black landrace seeds. Beyond that, I am undecided.

2 Likes

Not an autoflower breeder, so can’t say for sure. But yes, I’d expect the trait would make the strain easier to breed into an autoflower type. -b420

2 Likes

My son came up Thursday for his bachelor party and to change the exhaust system on his truck so he could drive back to Florida. It was good having him around for a while, but he had to leave already early this afternoon since he doesn’t ever drive straight through when he is alone and he can’t afford to stay longer either.

I sent him home with 3.5 oz. of Divyder, 3.0 oz. Sweet Tooth 4, .75 oz. of Durban x Cali-O, .75 oz. of (Durban Thai-Highflyer) x C99, and 3.5 oz. of my Purple. That was just under .75 lb. It was all grown out since he moved to Florida at the end of May. I kept only half ounce each of Divyder, Sweet Tooth 4, and my Purple. I’ve just harvested my (BC Mango x BC Night Nurse) x Diesel Moonshine, green phenotype. I also have 2 Divyder, 2 Chuy Purps x Second Sight and my 1st OG Kush that will be done in the next 30 days.

Speaking of OG Kush, P116 and P117 (OG Kush clones) both went into Flowering today. It was actually too early for the P117 as she is only 6" tall, but I need the space in Veg to put my 9 XJ Medley seedlings there, so it had to move today as well.

I am putting them into the Maleroom until it is needed for male plants. By then, at least my first OG Kush (P100) will have been harvested if not the Chuy Purps x Second Sight as well. Moving P116 & P117 in there will make 6 plants under the HPS and that is my limit before I start wasting potential yield.

These clones have been touchy to get through propagation. They took pretty long to root and then plateaued for weeks after initial planting for over a week each. P116 is looking fantastic, now, and growing like a weed. P117 just rose above her plateau a few days ago and is growth mode. I planted P117, the survivor from the 2nd pair of cuttings I tried to root, in an 8" pot instead of stopping in a 6" pot for 2 weeks.

Edit: forgot to add pics
Edit 2: put start of OG Kush update in bold text

2 Likes

My F2 Divyders are coming along great. They are 30 days from harvest.

I noticed P111, the taller one, has a different structure to its flowers than its shorter sister. P110 flowers seem to be denser, the pistils are closer together and more abundant.

P110 already has many pistils that have turned, I’ll need to check for amber trichomes earlier on this one.

I’ll enjoy finding out how the yields compare for weight and buzz, as well as taste and fragrance. I think I like the more stretchy structure of P111 because it seems provide a better lighting for its lower flowers. This is my 3rd grow of these darlin’s. The important things seemed the same between the tall and short plants of the 1st 2 grows. The taller phenos did produce the most yield, but, to be fair, I did completely seed the short plant from my first grow of them, so this short pheno should give me better results to use for comparison.

3 Likes

— Sweet Tooth 4 —
I moved the Sweet tooth plants back into the main Flowering room to leave the Maleroom free for the OG Kush clones. My Flowering room is nicely filled now.

I trimmed the hell out of the bottom of the stalk where the larger branches originate. These had been very busy down there from going back to Veg from Flowering (I took these cuttings on flower day 8). These girls were overdue for a cleanup.

It is very difficult to determine a favorite strain. I’ve very much enjoyed every indica I’ve grown so far. I’d be happy if I never found “the one”. Growing something different with each new start has showed me that once again, variety IS the spice of life. :smile:

3 Likes