Craigson’s Skunk Hunt

Kinda like this?

This is a Chem I grew from a bagseed. The floppy stem thing really hit me when you said that. I kept a clone in case the smoke is good.

11 Likes

I’m on a small Skunk hunt too. I have 4 rks s1 from ethos, 3 rks s1 from DNA, and 3 corpse flowers from nature farms going atm. One of the corpse flower is male and about a week in flower. I also have some packs of original Skunk 1 and rks f2 from Todd Mccormick, nordle and shit from shanti, and uncle fester skunk from nature farms left to run thru.

14 Likes

How would one order from him?

2 Likes

After people running packs upon packs upon packs of this gear.
It amazes me how people still want to loose their hard earned money on this stuff.

I got some swamp land at the north pole for sale.

4 Likes

Is it cheap , I hear the thaw may be coming soon and that could be primo ancient soil under all that tundra :joy:

4 Likes

I highly doubt that

2 Likes

What is red Hair Skunk says it is an old-school 80’s strain. Seen it in a few places ever heard of it?

1 Like

@sedin

"Can you guess how a cannabis strain gets a name like Skunk Red Hair? Here’s a hint – it’s not because it’s the favorite strain among people who have red hair. This strain, very notable for its unique red looks, is one of the old-school strains, developed in the early 1980’s, back when people weren’t looking for the most outrageous THC content in a marijuana strain. Skunk Red Hair is a top quality strain from the days when quality was what the game was all about, and because of that, it’s a strain that’s still popular among the true connoisseurs, and the ease of growing it is why it’s popular among the newcomers.

Strain Description & Information

The only thing anyone is able to notice on a well-formed, mature Skunk Red Hair is the beautiful red color of the hairs that are covering the buds. It’s also noticeable that the tight buds aren’t as frosty as the buds of the newer, THC-richer strains, but that doesn’t really speak the truth about the quality of the high this marvelous cannabis strain induces. As for its general appearance, it’s a short, Indica type plant which will under the right circumstances produce several beautiful, red colas.

Reviews & User Highlights

Skunk Red Hair is a true Skunk strain – it has the skunk smell and a very sweet taste. The high it produces covers the mind and the body, but it’s a very mellow, medium-strength high at best. In fact, if the buds aren’t properly cured over a longer period of time, it’s very possible the high won’t be felt at all. Still, for those people who don’t want to get knocked out on weed, Skunk Red Hair is a perfect thing to dull the edge off of things for a short while, not take it off.

Grow Guide and Tips

Skunk Red Hair is not a very demanding strain, so much so that even novices can make it produce a very good quantity of buds. This strain has no special weaknesses, so only the regular care should be taken to make sure it’s pest, mold, and disease free – no extraordinary measures should be taken. Because it doesn’t grow tall, it’s a perfect plant to grow indoors, but it’s always idea to be prepared for the moment the Sativa in the strain activates and it starts growing vigorously with little notice. Not that it’s likely to happen, but better to be prepared than sorry"

“It was just a selection of skunk#1 sold by positronics in netherlands in 90’s. SamSkunkman was doing some of the breeding there at that time so prob one of his selections”

:slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

Cool vintage write-up. I saw them on a Canadian site. I can’t find much on. ec genetics. Seemed like a very lazy description as if some on smelled it said stinky, skunk perhaps? looked at it " has many red hairs." named it from that. The date seems more legit now.

2 Likes

I’ve been on the lookout for red hair skunk or skunk #2, but at this point I don’t trust any place that claims to have it. Even if I could get them direct from the original company I highly doubt they have the original parents. Any other company that claims to have it would either just have a renamed strain that they couldn’t sell otherwise or it would have reworked and reselected seeds that have changed into lord knows what over the last 30 years.

3 Likes

0fd9197617f33ca305160d70869b7c04779809c3512e967784f15552e9b05d73
Great Thread! Good Luck finding that stink! SK18 adds the dank on whatever it is mixed with for sure.

3 Likes

I just found this , know nothing about this place. Red Hair Skunk (Regular) | EC Genetics Cannabis Seeds Canada

2 Likes

Yeah if that pic is what those seeds would produce then it’s def not what I got in the mid 90s. The buds themselves were the green of those tiny sugar leaves from their pick and the hairs were fire engine red, not the rust red/brown from that pic

2 Likes

@sedin the description would fit, sweet skunk and moderate potency. The only thing that bothers me is the hairs aren’t red on their picture lol

@J-Icky correction from my above post. Skunk2 red hair from posi was bred by Ferry

Born with an insatiable thirst to continually expand his knowledge, he started working at Positronics in Amsterdam, also known as the first grow shop in Europe. Towards the end of the 80s, Ferry was producing clones and had already started breeding new genetics for Positronics. Ferry’s first strain ever bred was Skunk #2, known in the Netherlands as the Red Hair Skunk.

To find something close, I guess you would have to follow who worked where, met and traded with who etc
But being a Dutch classic it must still be around even if in obscure form hehe

1 Like

After a quick search I see exactly what you mean with skunk2

1 Like

My next skunk will be ODB cheese rider from Karma. Looks like a good one to cross with the other skunks I run. Best of luck with your search it’s all about eh stank man edited out he link

2 Likes

Any news on how these turned out for you?
Always interesting to hear what people think of current Sensi Seeds Skunk.

1 Like

Zero terps , hay tasting plants so they were all killed

5 Likes

how far into flower?

They were allowed to finish and cure properly they just dident have anything going for them , tends to be pretty common with many of the so called skunk lines

6 Likes