Crazaer's tiny tents

crazaer’s tiny tents

Special shout out to Mr.Sparkle because I would have never started looking at microgrows without inspiration from his early posts. Now I’m limited by space and energy, so I can’t custom build, but I am thankful still. There are too many others for me to thank, and my memory is dim, but you all know who you are.

Diaries of any format are strange to me, let alone those with pictures, and my TBI may slow down my responses if there are any questions on the way. Please bear with me as I go along.

When I say tiny tents, it’s partially in jest. One is 2x2 and the other is 2x3 and both are under 5 feet. They are not those cute miniature display tents at REI. I desperately want one of those.

THE BASICS
• 3-2-1 formula (3.6g Jack’s Hydro, 2.4g Cal Nit,1.2g Epsom salts)/gallon
• Mix 3-2-1 formula in order: I. Jack’s Hydro & Epsom II. Cal Nit
• RO water mix: 3/4 RO to ~1/4 tap water
• Azomite/Recharge @ 4:1 as transplant dusting
• Feed Recharge ~1x/week. Feed Fulvic ~1x/month.
• Main Tent lights: 2x QB288 4k, 1x Cree Photo Red bar, 1 Far Red puck
• Veg Tent lights: 1x Samsung strip array, 2x QB120 4k,1 Far Red puck

8/9/19
Roughly 7PM. Seeds in freezer for an hour.
Used 150ml RO water, boiled, dumped half, added tap water back, H2O2 1ml, drop of fulvic (see small spoon-set) for first seed soak.
5x CBD Chem + 1x random pip. Placed in dark over kitchen cabinet.

Here’s the little RO filter. Reasonably priced!

8/10/19
All 5x CBD Chem sunk. Pip still floats. 8 PM 1x CBD Chem has broken shell, tap root visible. Transplanted into coco watered with fulvic mix above.
25 minutes = 2 gallons RO. Max fill trash can to 8 gallons, room for more.

8/11/19
Noon. Remaining seeds moved to damp paper towel for further germination. Pip was still floating. At least 1 of the CBD Chem Dawg is almost cracked through. Planted CBD Chem looks fine in main tent @ 80F and 50% rH. I need a humidifier.

8 gallons RO mixed with 4tsp Recharge, mixing pump left on, and added small coco colony sock. 3-2-1 Jacks will be added after 24hrs @ full strength, along with a swap for 1/4 volume for tap water (salt balance for RO).

Add Sonoff to pump?
Remaining seeds cracked shell, planted in coco w/ Recharge watered in. Pip is dead and squishy.
10PM. Added 1x CBD Bubba Kush to germination water, as described above.
Bought packs of MNS NL5 x Afghan, Medicine Man, and Ortega online.

8/12/19
Noon. 1x CBD Bubba Kush sunk with a small swirl of encouragement.
Midnight. Shell cracked. Moved to damp towels with more heat.

8/13/19
6AM. Root tip barely emerged on CBD Bubba Kush, will transplant to coco shortly.
11AM. Transplanted into coco seedling bags.

Gonna take a little breather now before I put up the next batch. Thanks everyone!

16 Likes

Nice, got the first spot in the front row here. Pulling up my bucket to follow along :popcorn:

4 Likes

I’m here for the show, sounds great to me

4 Likes

Pretty clean looking setup! I’ve been eyeing those grow bags for a while. Have you used them before?

3 Likes

I thought they were rosin bags :sweat_smile:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

i saw this cool lil tent at ikea for around $10 … 36x21x7.5 inches and there’s another thats 9 inches shorter for a few dollars less

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/skubb-storage-case-black-40290366/

2 Likes

Thank you, Hashtree.
They are brand new to me.
I had to decide how I wanted to deal with seedlings and clones, with minimal transport of product in and out of my grow. Since I’m already moving coco, I figured these lightweight little bags could do the trick.
They are great for seedlings and I am testing them for cuttings. They let too much light in, though, and need some kind of outer sheath to darken the root zone. That’s why they’re in those cups.

5 Likes

Hi legalcanada!
I like the idea here but I’d flip it on the side, so it has 36" of height, 21" length, and 7.5" width.
This is real tiny for me. Maybe 2 plants, they would be tight, and it would require a lot of modding for zippers/openings/etc…
Just my thoughts. I would love to see you make it happen!

Oh I love a good micro grow!
:popcorn:

2 Likes

Nice! Custom hydro does good business

1 Like

The struggle of life!

8/17/19

4 seedlings up and running: 1x CBD Bubba Kush and 3x CBD Chem. Cotyledons out and seed hulls off (some with an assist). Others perished while escaping their seed hulls. Increased watts of QB288 to 120, so 60 per board, to try and reduce stretch.

8/20/19

All 4 seedlings showing roots through bottom/sides of their coco bags. Ready to transplant up into small cups with 1/2 strength feed. Watts increase shows no negative effects. Further increase to 140 watts?

1 PM. Dropped 2x Master Kush x ‘88G13HP AKA Master Ghash tester seeds from Bodhi into fulvic/Recharge/H202 mix, set next to drivers for warmth.
Filling second reservoir with 3-2-1 Formula (3.6g Jack’s Hydro, 2.4g Cal Nit,1.2g Epsom salts).
Will mix with first reservoir’s RO + Recharge remnants for half strength transplant feed.
Mixing small bag of Azomite/Recharge @ 4:1 as transplant dusting for seedlings

8/21/19

6AM. Master Ghash seeds both popped in under 18hr. Transferred to moist paper towels.
Photo Red bar completely wired. Pulls 20 watts. ON/OFF half hour before QB288 lights out and half hour past when QB288 lights turn on. Sunrise/set simulation. They will switch to full 12/12 when flowering begins.

2PM. Transplanted first 4 seedlings into small cups, without removing from initial seedling bags. All 4 dusted at root level with 4:1 Azomite/Recharge mix and watered in with half strength 3-2-1 formula.
Master Ghash seeds nearly ready to remove from moist paper towels and set in seedling bags.
Photo Red bar hung, schedule set.

7PM. 2x Master Ghash seeds transplanted and watered in seedling bags.

Chug, chug, chugging along…

10 Likes

That’s a really cool setup there. I find for me in similar smaller spaces that Solo cups and Rubbermaid tubs are my best friends lol

Also in your first post are you talking about those tiny display model camping tents they have at stores? I want one of those so bad!

1 Like

Same, same.

I’ve even tried to buy them. No dice.

1 Like

I had one when I was a kid. My cat loved it!

2 Likes

https://www.minidisplaytents.com/shop/ :sunglasses:

2 Likes

That’s a cool set up

2 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you.

I also have a veg tent that is sadly underused at the moment.

9 Likes

Ok devoted readers,

By now you’ve seen, based on the dates, that my grow is much further down the road than where I am in the posts.

I now have 3x female plants of CBD Chem Dawg from CBD Botanics, 1x male plant of Master Ghash from Bodhi, and 1x unknown gender plant of Master Ghash. All five are now in bloom, that’s how I can tell sex, but I need to decide what to do with the male. Make seeds or scrap the male plant and keep moving?

Now I smoke almost exclusively indica dominant flower, with very little CBD, and I have many other seeds to look through without making more. All these plants are untested, from seed, and I have very little idea of their worth down the line. All of these plants have unrooted cuttings in my veg tent currently.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

If you like the male plant and want to play can always hit up a couple lower nodes on a plant for a few seeds, easy peasy

2 Likes