Creciendo con Frijoles

3 Likes

Tempature and humidity at the moment

2 Likes

The lower you can get the rh the more the plant will try to protect itself from drying out by producing more trichomes. If you can get it as low as 30% for the final two weeks you will see a massive increase. Nice looking autos by the way :+1: you’ve done an excellent job.

4 Likes

@Colanoscopy I have been reading everthing i can find on LED lights in the last couple weeks… I like the idea of building my own customized light. If you have any info on the best affordable components and where i could get them that would be much appreciated. Im in canada.

2 Likes

Yes they are something he came up with himself but i couldnt tell you anything about the strains he used

2 Likes

Have you had a look at the cheap LED strips thread? Cheap LED Strips : A Viable Alternative bridgelux eb gen2s are the next I’m gonna build. Not sure if you have digikey in Canada but they will stock pretty much all you need. What size is your cab mate?

1 Like

To be honest i never thought they would end up looking like this. I only started taking pics a while ago to see the crystals. I did start germinating 4 more seeds yesterday so i might start a proper grow journal from when they are seedlings. But pretty much anything i read about LST i tried on these plants. Was a lot of fun

5 Likes

The current cab is only 3 feet wide 13 inches deep and 30 inches tall but id like to keep it with flourecents. The led fixture id like to use in a 4 x 5 room for my blue dreams i have germinating.

1 Like

https://www.digikey.ca/product-detail/en/bridgelux/BXEB-L1120Z-35E4000-C-B3/976-1732-ND/7907661

These are the strips. I checked digikey.ca and sent the link from there so should be in CAD$ those are 3500k so would do as a “straight through” light. At 1120mm theyre just within your 4ft margin. You can also run them without a heatsink or active cooling.

2 Likes

Thank you for the link. Im going to need to do a little more reading before i attempt a diy led but when i do i might need some more questions answered… sounds like those strips would be exactly what i need to get my feet wet.

3 Likes

No problem. There’s plenty of people here happy to help. I’m still figuring my own ideas for a bridgelux build. I did post a link to another thread here above. Thats got all the info you’d need to make your decision. And a good few examples of lights already built by other members. They’re new components to me. Citizen cluo38, clu048 and solstrips are what I’ve used before and these are a touch different.

6 Likes

Now I’m even MORE impressed, seeing this is a cfl grow!!!

8 Likes

Thanks Mr. Beans, I will be looking forward that grow diary, specially after watching the excellent results of this one, much to learn from …

2 Likes

Congrats dude, those are beautiful!

2 Likes

Thanks @DiggySoze its been fun

Picture from this morning after plants have had the UVB bulbs centered over them for 24 hours. I see a lot more trichome as well as a little leaf stress which from what i read is to be expected. Anyone using UVB light…what do you think? Leave them on all the time or is that to much? Do the plant do better with a break from UVB? Thanks for looking

14 Likes

What do you think? Increase in trichomes or am i only see what i want to see?

12 Likes

They look amazing my friend I believe Uv helps the development
A friend on a different site uses uv but said don’t over do it

Beautiful buds

5 Likes

Thanks. I think they make a difference. Did he say for how many hours a day UVB was useful? Do the plants only increase trichome production while under stress or while they have a break from it?

3 Likes

I know he just started playing with the amount of time on

Not sure the time don’t want to guess
But his reviews were positive

6 Likes