COMPLETED - Crop King - New York Sour Diesel, now with White Widow

If you want to try some autos, I have a few crosses left. I would be happy to send you some auto seeds. Hit me up in a PM if interested.

3 Likes

I told you @ReikoX was awesome!

1 Like

Fed the autos today. They started stretching pretty good, so got them up to 2.0 EC of my regular Green Planet mix
No complaints so far.

WW:

NYSD:

Time to put them in their own tent i think; they are starting to get in the way. But i don’t want to pay for burning another light.
Mixing growing mediums in the same space is a pain the ass. I will not be doing that again.

HH

4 Likes

Like this? @cannabissequoia suggested same, but I was too chicken to break the main stem like I would break a branch, but looks like it didnt skip a beat.

I did go a little more aggressive on the other one, wasn’t able to do a nice even bend, so ended up with a kink.

Overall the autos are doing great, white widows doing better than diesels. Last feeding ws at EC2.0; i’ll continue with the same. Today is definitely feeding day.

5 Likes

I always feel abusive doing it to them too. :smile: To grow out a 2’ plant & chop it to 8-10" is stomach-turning… the cut tops stay alive in water & it’s a cutting harvest.

The pics show everything is OK, IMO. :thumbsup:

Some strains have really strong stalks/stems, others are wimpy & break easy, in my exp. Just trial and error.

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

You have to loosen her up a little first.

Give her a little wine and out on some music. Gently rub her getting her loose and ready before you bend her over and…

oh shit am I still talking about a plant here? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

…perform an unlicensed chiropractic adjustment :wink:
There was wine involved last night, that much is certain.

I thought I did loosen her up, but perhaps not enough. The taller plant done at a node higher worked out really well - loosened and bent over a distance of about 45mm. I guess should have tried a wider grip and a longer massage on the stiffer one.

Next round I’ll be gentler…

5 Likes

I snap stems all the time too… a little LITFA and she will be good to go.

5 Likes

I thought it was “like a screen door, ya gotta bang 'em before they loosen up”…
:laughing: :pig2:

4 Likes

The ladies are doing the 600-watter some justice

Fed them today. A little droopy – let them get pretty dry. Plus, they probably hit the limit of their pots. 4 Gal were too big, 2-gal are too small. Next round i’m going to a 3-Gal fabric pot.

Food this time around:
Calmag full strength
Bud Factor X full strength
Bud Ignitor full strength
Came up to about 0.9EC
on top of that, 2tsp to 10L of Megacrop, brought the bucket up to about 1.9EC
They were heavy feeders last time, so i figure treat them the same

NYSDs doing as well as they did before; WWs are blowing them out of the water.
You can see WWs are back left and front right

NYSD:

WW:

White widows look about a week behind the NYSD, but that is the price i am more than willing to pay for a much more productive plant

4 Likes

Man do they ever grow a lot in 5 days…

Doing well, same feed schedule as last week, except i am feeding much more frequently – they don’t last 2 days on a feed anymore, more like 18 to 24 hours
Calmag full strength
Bud Factor X full strength
Bud Ignitor full strength
Came up to about 0.9EC
on top of that, 2tsp to 10L of Megacrop, brought the bucket up to about 1.9EC

The tent:

First NYSD pheno, a little shorter and denser:
The

Second NYSD pheno, a little taller and airier:

First WW, Bushier and shorter, a little behind in flowering:

Second WW, the monster in the corner, bushy and huge. A little earlier than the first WW:

I can tell already that the WWs will be at least a week behind on the NYSD in terms of harvest, but that has allowed them to grow significantly larger. My guess, based on the earlier soil grow of NYSDs – Nov 20-ish chop for those, and probably early December for WWs. Going to start the next batch of autos in about a week i think.

6 Likes

Another update, nothing changed for feeding/lighting/etc

They are growing big though. Bigger than last time. I think some of that stretch is due to me going to an HPS lamp earlier than last time. I had them on MH through most of the stretch. Should have done that again, but I only have one MH bulb and needed it for my haze. Definitely don’t want the haze stretching any more than it needs to…

All of them:

The atypical sour diesel that looks like all it wants to do is bud. Grew small, but is putting out some good flowers

The large monster WW: she just grows and grows. Hopefully the flowers won’t disappoint. I saw a little bit of a burn/intervenial chlorosis on some leaves, but i don’t think it’s spreading, so i am LITFA. If it gets worse i’ll flush and re-feed low. But she’s drinking lots. Maybe I should defoliate her some… ?

And the other WW that is behind a bit. Just dandy. No issues, chugging along

5 Likes

Looking great! You are killing it this run! I just gave the triple cheese a hair cut last night trying to get a little more light to the inside branches.

1 Like

If that SourD was a bigger plant it’d be ver’ nahs’ :metal:

1 Like

Thanks @SeymourGreen! The purpose of this second run was to get out of dirt into coco and really give’er hell to compare how the same genetics will do under a watchful eye. WWs were a bonus so I ran them, and they are slowly taking over the world one square foot at a time

The quality of smoke from the diesels of the last run is excellent, confirmed by a few people now. But they are, as you see, not as lively as others.

Still not sure how it will all turn out, but so far looking good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I decided to pull them out and check over for some minor leaf trimming
Read the FAQ article on leaf trimming – still confused, so I have been keeping very lightly; killing tiny larf factories and removing leaves that are sticking together and staying wet because of transpiration. Is this the right thing to do? No idea. Never bothered before; but then again my results were not the greatest before either.

Any input on experiences with trimming fan leaves and culling smaller buds is definitely welcome.

Here is what they look like in a group, and individually.

Group shot of the bottoms:

Group shot of the canopies:

SD #1:

SD #2:

WW #1:

WW #2: The monster…

Weird thing – White widows have NO smell. SDs STINK.
I seem to be at least 1 week behind last grow on flower development – i wonder why?

3 Likes

I think it’s more of a “specific tool” for a “specific problem”… as in, improving airflow through the branches/canopy, allowing light to a shaded branch or growth tip, clearing dead leaves or pests, or in some cases for harvest economics or production efficiency(saw some “jungleboyz” youtuber :monkey: remove everything but the top 3 nodes on any branch).

It doesn’t seem that allowing lower popcorn buds… “larf” is N’T a net-drain on the plant but they’re “just in the way” :smile:

Dunno. my 2 cents.

edit: ISN’T a net drain…

1 Like

I can deal with “just in the way”, thanks, this eases some doubt! No net drain = i’m happier than usual. Now that lots of sites have formed I’m simply pinching the ones that are just starting to form, those will definitely not get very far. Otherwise I think I should just let them do their thing but it is hard not to mess with them :slight_smile:

1 Like

K, some challenges coming up with this auto run. Overall though, still way better than last auto run, but some challenges.

First off, the diesels are foxtailing (i think that’s the term?) like motherfuckers. Instead of all the little buds forming in one place, the stems stretched like hell and tiny buds are all over the place. I am pretty sure these will not fill out to the extent that I’d like to see them. Too damn stretchy. One plant worse than the other, but both are doing it.

Things different about this vs last grow:

1. colder night time temps
  2. HPS switched for MH a couple weeks sooner
  3. Megacrop through early flower over my usual Green Planet stuff
  4. Coco instead of dirt

I’m sure the weight will be the same, as there is a shitload of them, but the appeal will not. My wife says “the grinder won’t care”. True that i guess, but still.

The other challenge is that ridiculous White Widow. Seems that she has pH/nutrient lockup issues. On newer growth, old leaves unaffected. I am guessing that I have not been running enough off to waste, and the coco has a very high salt load in it now. Admittedly, she is the thirstiest by far, and I feed them all at the same time and about the same amount, so the other three, that show no issues, have way more runoff.

This monster is in a 2Gal pot, and I am pretty sure that the roots look like one of Mr. Sparkle’s solo cups. @Mr.Sparkle, i know you run a rez, but how much runoff, approximately, do you program your system to deliver? I would imagine a salt buildup in those little cups is a design factor.

Any ideas what else this could be?

My plan for tonight is to dig her out, put her in the sink, and run about 15L of EC1-ish calmag/base solution through the pot.

Otherwise, it’s a full tent. I like it…

Cheers,

HH

EDIT: Flushed the WW. 15L of EC1.1-1.2 @ pH5.8

3 Likes

I have no insight to offer, except I like the way your wife thinks.

2 Likes