Crop salt cake - a potassium boosted finisher

Anyone try this product ? I’ve decided to take the plunge for 24 bucks. Seems different than sugars, but I like how they describe the product eliminates nitrogen uptake than forcing the plant to use their storage in the leaves. I’ll report back when I’m flushing 1 control plant from the rest using sugars.

12 Likes

Looks promising 🤷🏻

1 Like

Statements like these make me nervous… it’ll be interesting to see what happens.

Cropsalt Cake is in a league of it’s own. There is nothing even close to similar on the market.

4% potassium sulfate seems to be the only ingredient listed. Seems like there should be more to support such a grandiose statement. Then there’s this.

We recommend flushing with tons of plain water on the first day of flush to strip the rootzone of as much remaining nutrients as possible and then feed Cake until harvest.

So it’s not actually for flushing either, just what you feed after you flush the salts out. 4% potassium sulfate, pH up to raise the availability of potassium and sulfur, and filler; seems rather expensive and ultimately unremarkable unless there’s something they’re not telling us. Guess this is a good time to let the smoke test and weight tell the real story. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Very interesting

1 Like

@SkunkIE you’re a crop salt kind of guy… you got any experience with this?

1 Like

So, I don’t pay attention to the marketing part, I’m more interested in antagonistic reaction to nitrogen and synergistic benefits of possible boosted intakes of phosphorus and potassium. I think someone here said suggested application and amounts are to sell more products. I’ve learned to make my own mixes less than suggested uses, and it’s not straight water. It’s mag-BA-molybdenum brew. I individually amend liquid karma when watering. I already use a potassium booster called liquid blue, and I love what it does, so I’m wondering if this will enhance my finishing phase. Trust me bro, I KNOW subtle to significant differences as an autistic. Very broad differentiation to changes or improvements made. Just like BBP, I’ll see IT or it’s not real :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

or laugh incredibly. :smirk_cat:

It’s just something more to sell people.

No bad feelings @OriginalDankmaster96 – I used to try everything & still struggle to implement LITFA because more is better :us: right? :sweat_smile:

A side-by-side comparison would dampen my old grouchy smirking. Maybe.

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

We will know if it’s a gimmick or enhanced chemistry :wink: I won’t put my name behind anything that doesn’t prove effective.

3 Likes

I’ve found some feedback on this cake at Reddit, even one person commented about the science of it as an amino acid chelating. Apparently growers that are using it have chimed in to say it’s a great finisher, as said I use a liquid potassium booster so I know what this does in the final weeks, but will it further boost size, density, pigment of color in conjunction🤔

Right @Cormoran not for flushing but that potassium finish that’s part of it, just not exclusive to plain sugar water.

What I’ll do, is use an A that’s about close to that 3rd to 4th week, so before it starts to increase size and density, I’ll start adding the cake in separately when making up water to feed that plant but will also have the liquid blue in that feed, but will be only be that plant that gets both being of smaller size to notice more differences than my heavier B, the rest budding will only get liquid blue in their feed to finish off, so this one A will stand out if further enhancement is achieved and visible.

https://www.reddit.com/r/microgrowery/comments/12cwv5x/my_first_time_finishing_with_cake_from_cropsalts/

1 Like

Alright, I’ve started using cake since Thursday as I head into the 4th week on this plant, so we’ll see week by week IF there’s difference from non cake through the next 3 weeks

Nearly finished A - NO CAKE bud

A heading into 4th week. 1/16 tsp to 16 oz water mixed vigorously well up 650-700 PPM.

Will update next week Sun

5 Likes

1 week on cake @Cormoran

I’m noticing more chunk starting than usual :thinking:

5 Likes

Not even the 5th week and I’m having to use STAKES for support, and usually it doesn’t need stakes this early, maybe last week…it’s TELLING already!

2 Likes

Week 2 on cake

@Cormoran

I’m more convinced and now EVERYTHING is getting cake as a result. The middles and lowers are bigger now than even at finish, again TELLING!

5 Likes

Looks pretty good. I can’t usually guess much about weight from close-up and in person, much less pictures, but I’m glad you’re seeing results you like. Still not for me, since it’s presumably non-organic and almost completely opaque about its ingredients… and their marketing still kinda makes me want to run a boatload of tests on it to prove that it’s not all that, just because they say it’s so unique and amazing. :stuck_out_tongue: Results are what matter, though. When you finish harvesting/curing, do you mind posting final pictures and dry weights for anyone who might be on the fence about it?

5 Likes

Oh yes, I’ll update with dry bud pics and weigh in :wink: I do think it’s helping lowers develop better than without and just using my normal liquid blue, but still another week to go. Once done I’ll show areas that appear larger than what’s normal size for a bud.

3 Likes

This is what I’m going to say definitively about cake

The overall size popcorn has increased, it’s just very clear to see, and I’m not to the 6th week yet, so it’s still going. One branch is leaning sideways now. It almost can’t support the weight on it :wink:

2 Likes

And here we are, the end of the 6th week and days within finish. The pictures tell even MORE, and I’ve highlighted areas that are bigger than normal. In fact it’s now to point of NOT supporting the weight. Also, it’s true about color, which this usually has NONE but now showing purple tinges. This potassium boosted theory I hypothesized DOES WORK. It’s very concentrated, 1/4 tsp a gall so this powder goes a long way in use. I don’t know how I feel about being used as stand alone, but to further BOOST K levels for bigger yields YES it’s synergistic :+1:I’m one here that said I would test BBP, and there’s enough members that swear by BBP as well, so it SHOWS just like BBP does. Anyway let’s get to the pics. IF you think BBP is snake oil, well don’t pay any attention to me :smirk:

All the areas circled are LARGER than what is normal. In fact those should be peas or marble size.

Here’s the hue, it’s circled. There’s just usually no color but now there’s tinges

Very frosty

Whole plant

After I harvest I’ll dry until it burns, once it does I’ll take the weight from that point which I’ll be slow jar drying from that point, after 2 weeks I’ll report on the smoke quality, stronger flavor detected etc

1 Like

BX1 top about 9”

3 Likes

Looks good glad it’s working.

1 Like

Yes, I just harvested. All the popcorn pieces are larger and popcorn strings at the tops are fuller. It a full floor on the drying rack, so that’s a minimum of 2 oz. Also, I found a broken stem that had dried out, so I just smoked it. Flavor is better without any curing, less green grass than my last plant that I didn’t use cake on. Results seem to be quite apparent. I particularly wanted the test on A since I know it’s low yield, but if it breaks 2 oz once dried, well if that’s not obvious I don’t know what is or the fact it has less grass taste not even cured.

2 Likes