Cross question

What is a F5 (strain1) x BX1 (same strain, same breeder, same lineage)

Is that a F1 or a BX2? Or other?

It’s not backcrossed to original, but backcrossed to the backcross… :thinking:

FML :rofl:

Edit. I have crossed Original Romulan F5 to the new Romulan BX1. I’m thinking it’s a new F1 ive created, but I’m really not sure, I want to make sure for accurate labeling

7 Likes

Romulan is already an Ibl so calling it an F1 would be counter intuitive. I think you call it a bx2 technically(and I could be wrong here) a Bx2 would be Bx1 x (orginal strain ). I’m not 100% here but ik romulan in general is ibl so saying F1 one would believe to see lots of diversity which probably wouldn’t be the case unless whatever you chose were very different. I’m no expert by any means btw just throwing out my 2 cents

1 Like

Kinda tough to tell without knowing more details about the original parents. I’d assume that neither of the parents of the F1 generation that was bred out to F5 are clones of the Romulan parent of the BX1, which would have to be the case for it to be a BX2. I guess you’d just call it an incross, and I don’t even know what number generation you’d label that as… IX6 because there were 5 incrosses previously to reach the F5, maybe? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

What’s up on those beans? They’re so expensive but worth it, would be interested if you got any extras to trade. :yum:

Lol, everything is so much clearer :rofl::rofl: well, for now I guess I’ll just call it Romulan F5 x Romulan Bx1

9 Likes

I was thinking ix6 as well . Tough to know for sure without Jakes input though. Highly intrigued by these. Looking forward to seeing what the end results are. Please tag me if you remember

1 Like