Crossing Lebanese landrace x berry haze auto royal queen

I have pollinated haze berry auto with a male Lebanese landrace. I plan to create an autoflowering strain that is now in the eighth week and bearing some seeds. What’s the next step? Suggestions!? Thanks

15 Likes

Go introduce yourself bud. Take the first step to this wonderful community and say hello :wave:.

Stay kind
Pawsfodocaws

7 Likes

I’m sorry :pray::sweat_smile:
Hello :heart::wave:
Im a new grower and I live in middle east
I’m sorry for my English is not good

7 Likes

No need for apologies. Go to the introduce yourself thread. Do it there. You’ll get a warm welcome

6 Likes

Welcome to OG @Greenfarm :v:

3 Likes

Welcome to og.

2 Likes

Welcome to Overgrow, an amazing community!
:peace_symbol::lobster:

2 Likes

Thanks guys :heart::heart:

2 Likes

Next you get the recipe to make great hash and send it to us in Canada !!!

2 Likes

Hello friend from across the globe! :raising_hand_man:
Got a couple others around here in that region.
@globalhead and @kevinmalone come to mind.

As to your topic…
Funny you mention it. We were just talking about it over here:

Check it out. :slightly_smiling_face:
I’m actually doing the same thing.
F1’s are in the fridge! :wink:

5 Likes

Welcome to Overgrow @Greenfarm

2 Likes

Make seed with the haze berry auto x leb (f1). Then grow out the subsequent seeds (f2), and allow those to pollenate each other. 1/4 of those seeds (f3) will be full autos. Veg those out on 24/0 or 20/4 light cycle and the autos will start to flower. Segregate out the non autos. On the landrace, you should clone and ideally do a seed preservation first on the landrace. Sounds fun!

2 Likes

Warm OG welcome @Greenfarm :slightly_smiling_face: makes me happy to know you want to breed with a landrace :+1: …im interested in doing the same so keep us updated how it goes.
@blowdout2269 thanks for thinking of me …im close by both Kevin and me are in India.
What crosses you making has me interested.
:v:&:green_heart:

3 Likes

thanks bro :heart::pray:
I have a seed from haze berry auto. I was wondering if it was pollinated from f1 haze berry auto x Lebanese landrace. Does this enhance the presence of auto in f2?

1 Like

Auto is recessive, so all f2 will be photoperiod. This is why it will show up at about 25% in f3.

1 Like

Welcome to og green farm

3 Likes

@globalhead Thanks :pray:
Where I live, it is rare to get autoflower seeds, and I miraculously obtained some strains of royal queen and sansi seeds :sweat_smile: I am trying to make a self-flowering line. I know that I am a beginner, but I learn every day and I am happy with what I make.

4 Likes

@Cbizzle Is the size of the pot important since I have to plant many seeds and I have limited space? Does the size of the pot affect the reduction of the phenotypes because I am thinking of planting F1 in a size of 1 gallon or 0.5 gallons

2 Likes

Many people do seed runs with small pots. You won’t see a reduction in phenotypes, but with less root space plants will be smaller typically. My last open pollenation was in a 2X2 tent with twelve plants. Males were flowered in solo cups (20oz) and females in 1/2 gallon pots. You can definitely pull off a small pot grow. I see many people here do small seed runs in solo cups. Anything is possible really.

4 Likes