CrunchBerries’Probiotic SIP Thread

Ok SIP heads, we are back in action.
I’m feeling a bit self conscious about my beard but it is what it is. Pretty sure it would fill out but I couldn’t wait anymore.

Transplanted the GSDf6 last night…

I was expecting to see a smothered root mass as this thing has been in this solo for so long. There were barely any roots. Something was for sure chomping down in here…

In you go…

And just for reference, these are the same age(also did a little rearranging)…

Then since I was in the mood, I decided to utilize some @bassman5420 training clips…

I will put a new cover on once she starts drinking. I have not filled the res yet and will wait on that until the cover goes on.

Good vibes!

18 Likes

You’ll have an abundance of new green leaves real soon. And that beard was plenty thick enough. Lookin great!

I wouldn’t wait too long for that cover. They are a bitch to get on once the plant gets wide.

8 Likes

I was just gonna ask if you we’re gonna run without a mulch cover. Shits about to pop off in there bud

7 Likes

That has been floating around my head too @LegsMahoney. A-La @Pluckyevil style, load it up with covercrop is another option…
The last time I had to cut the cover to the edge and then tape it back together @imstinky. This worked fine and I always rush into things so this will prob be my course of action again if I do decide to add the cover.
I could just smother it with the oyster straw too… :thinking:

Maybe a poll is in order…

8 Likes

Hell ya bud! The clips are always nice to get on young and then remove later, so good call :+1:

A lot of the time I am lazy and leave them on till they self remove…lol

6 Likes

I forgot this option also @LegsMahoney and @DesertHeartGardens . It says it holds 2cu ft of soil and the reservoir is 4 gallons. This might be the best premade option.

11 Likes

I like the mulch cover because it lessens evaporation and creates a little greenhouse. The feeder roots can come up and munch uninhibited.

10 Likes

That’s one to check out for sure, thanks crunch!

4 Likes

Good morning brothers and sisters,
Quick update on this beautiful Saturday morning.

SS4 @21f getting some licorice, anise smells off the left one and more fruity, bubblegum smells off the right. I could be way off, as my olfactory ain’t what it used to be.
The stretch has been crazy, so I decided to turn the Qbs up to 450w. I had the 315s raised up too high and the qbs turned too low, as I was nervous about bleaching the tops. This run was an introduction to my new set up and I now have a better grip on the lights.
As I do my nightly staring contest with the gals, I’m reminded that these are going to be a task to process. Ha! All part of the fun!

SSDD f2bx1 at 19f Thought I caught a whiff of a citrus-peppery smell.

23 Likes

Morning Crunch! Nice update! The gals are taking off! Looks great in there and those terps sound really interesting :face_with_monocle:

Enjoying some HindSight this morning, freshly ground in the shredder :+1::+1:

14 Likes

The licorice, anise smelling one reminds me of the pheno of Sunshine Queen I grew in the EB. :nose: :nose:

7 Likes

Morning @CrunchBerries the ladies are looking beautiful hopefully that citrus pepper smells lead you to the butter :grin: the sunshine 4 smells sound interesting really curious to see how it turn out and loving the bamboo trellis thinking I might try that this round got a extra pack of them laying about :+1:

6 Likes

Thank you for posting the Pink Floyd song! It gives me chills every time.
This LP “Meddle” was my desert acid tripping soundtrack back in the day. I would bring a cassette player and water and hiked out into the Las Vegas desert on moonlit nights playing this song.

6 Likes
6 Likes

I’m running the juniors with worms in them and they keep sneaking out. I’ve got quite the collection of dead dried out worms. Does anyone else have this issue by chance? No sense in continuing to buy them if they’re just going to harry Carey and jump off the ledge.

5 Likes

Are they red wrigglers? Do you keep the reservoir full or let it dry out before filling again?

5 Likes

Are they escaping from the top or from the overflow? The easiest escape route would be from the bottom. I’ve had more than a few worms surf the tube out the overflow when I overfilled. I don’t think they have ever escaped out the top b/c of the mulch cover.

My answer is always yes to worms! Start a worm bin and have access to fresh castings and the worms will multiply rapidly!

7 Likes

Euro crawlers

4 Likes

Wife won’t go for that. I’ve tried unless there’s some absolute smell proof container that they won’t escape from.

5 Likes

Worm bins don’t smell at all if cared for properly, which also isn’t very difficult. Usually the less you mess with it, the better they do.

Edit: this is assuming you would be using red wrigglers in your worm bin.

8 Likes