CrunchBerries’Probiotic SIP Thread

https://www.lowes.com/pd/EMSCO-GROUP-20-in-W-x-24-in-L-x-10-in-H-Earth-Brown-Resin-Raised-Garden-Bed/3341626?cm_mmc=shp--c-

Home Depot has them also

9 Likes

Has anyone figured out how to get 2 EB’s in a 2x4? Or is there a sip system I don’t know of that has a 2 gallon reservoir beside the city pickers? I’m trying to cram two boxes in a 2x4 tent with the largest reservoir possible.

7 Likes

I can only get one regular EB in my 2x4.

5 Likes

Would the dimensions of 2 root and veg fit?

4 Likes

They absolutely would. I have heavily considered those. My only hesitation is how deep the plant may need to be planted when I transplanted into it. I guess if need be , I could fill it up 3/4 of the way :man_shrugging:t2:.Push comes to shove I need to just try it out since no one else really has any feedback on it.

5 Likes

I would probably fill it 3/4 of the way any, so you can add topdressings. Pull the trigger!

8 Likes

Ok ok twist my arm. I think it might be my best bet. I hesitate to cram to city pickers in there as I’ve learned the heard way space is imperative.

8 Likes

Do you think transplanting the NL2x 88g13hp from the EB jr into these root and veg is going to be a recipe for disaster? I feel like the plant is big enough where the roots can hold the shallow surface , but man it’s risqué.

5 Likes

How big are they? Can you do pictures?

4 Likes

7 Likes

They’re probably slightly bigger at this point. This was like a week ago

4 Likes

Thanks! They were on day 31F in that pic. Here’s a closeup of one of the Good Medicine colas:

I think the tiny bit of protrusion should not be an issue. You know how the tent bows in when the exhaust fan goes on? A lot less in the opposite direction isn’t going to hurt at all. And, you don’t have to set them end-to-end. You can put one long ways and the other shortways, like this so they fit better:

– |

if that makes sense. And then you can position the fill tubes to be right next to each other in the middle of the door side for easy access.

:sunrise_over_mountains:

17 Likes

Ugh now I’m torn between one EB regular , two city pickers or the EB root & Veg.

How many gallons of soil do you use in the city pickers @nube ?

I’m indecisive if you can’t tell :joy: however the extra space in the tent is clutch. Either EB route may better suit my needs with a humidifier in the tent etc.

5 Likes

lol I can tell. No need to worry - there’s no wrong choice. :smiley: But you want your canopy to mirror the footprint of your pot, so the need for extra room is an illusion imho.

I measured it with a 5gal homer bucket last time I filled a bunch of the City Pickers. I put right at 15gal (2cuft) in them, but that’s including watering in and mounding up and the wick areas too, and I was right to the top of the pot before mounding. With a denser soil you might get a little less, since mine compacted a fair bit after watering. But it’s definitely 13-14gal of typically fluffy soil, once you water in and mound.

Check this shit out:

https://www.emscogroup.com/products/lawn-and-garden/grow-products/pickers-grow-boxes/2361d-root-vegetable-pickers-867-detail

6-8 gallon rez and holds “33%” more dirt but the same footprint! They’re just taller…

:astonished: :eyes:

I need these BAD! That literally solves all our issues. I had no idea that they made even bigger planters! Here’s all their garden planters for peeps to check out:

https://www.emscogroup.com/products/lawn-and-garden/grow-products/pickers-grow-boxes

:rainbow_flag:

13 Likes

Holds 6-8 gallons of water. Holy moly. That thing is 2 feet tall though, it would only work in my very tall gorilla tent I think. Geeze I feel like Goldilocks over here.

5 Likes

I did see these that have a 4 gallon reservoir compared to the EB with very similar dimensions and doesn’t leak out of the bottom which is a pain point with all EB’s I have used . It was created by the same folks who designed the EB it seems.

8 Likes

Damn, those looks awesome. Hold more water and more soil volume… and they come with nicer caster wheels! I haven’t seen them in the store, but may reach out to Emsco group to see where the closest retailers are.

6 Likes

It’s not 2ft tall. It’s only 15.75 inches tall. The normal ones are 9.5" tall.

:100: @iamyou_youareme no friggun doubt! Can finally leave for more than a week without having to DIY my own SIPs… :smiley:

12 Likes

smoking on some of this rn :joy: homie got some free samples from a vendor from his work this was one of them pretty dank stuff :+1: (dj blueberry x triple og) by exotic genetix

17 Likes

It’s odd I can’t find them on line anywhere to gauge price.

5 Likes