CrunchBerries’Probiotic SIP Thread

Just like mom used to make.

8 Likes

Getting 8 JR’s ready!

21 Likes

Nice man! Whattcha planting in those JR’s? How you like that worm bin/bag?

4 Likes

To be determined lol.

I got that worm bin practically for free so I can’t complain. It works great. Lot easier than DIY but at the same time I wouldn’t drop $140 (current BAS price) on it.

6 Likes

Soul Mate- Wookie. Could it be ……?

16 Likes

Patiently waiting to hear on how the Soul Mate smoked…!!!

4 Likes

Its been a while. My soil has been sitting since this convo. I added 1 cuft peat moss to the mix in order to bring soil ph to 6.0.

Before i go and start my next round of plants. Is there anything i should add to this mix?
Its been sitting for a few months im almost ready to harvest my current plants so i need to figure out what im doing next round.

Should i toss this batch and invest in a coots mix living soil?

Will this be a waste of time by the looks of ingredients?

Would you use it if u had it or toss it ?

1 Like

BAS also sells the Coots nutrient and mineral pack you just have to source the pmoss EWC a and preferred airation… might help with shipping costs

2 Likes

Unfortunately y’all it’s not Liquid Schwartz.
https://dutch-passion.com/en/blog/what-is-cannabis-guttation-or-xylem-sap-n1106

7 Likes

Space Monkey F2, chopped down on day 66. She smelled like glue, berries, and a hint of pine. She was so floppy, branches flopping everywhere due to weight. @syzygy :eyes:

30 Likes

Shock the Monkey!

11 Likes

That is a beautiful plant @unomas!

3 Likes

Saw BAS started carrying these.
https://buildasoil.com/collections/new-products/products/autopot-tray2grow-grassroots-sub-irrigation-kit

7 Likes

Figured I would share this here. A little experiment I started but unfortunately couldn’t see through to fruition. It worked exceptionally well during a long vegetative run though. I used coco mat liners to create something of a sub organic nutrient film. I used bags or just opened up the bottom of the pot and set it on two mats with a thin layer of super soil mix, EWC, and mushroom compost between them, wicked with mop heads strands pulling from a cap mat or saturated in a tray. The growth was explosive, healthy, and quite surprising. It seems the mat fibers gave the roots and microbes a perfect mix of air, food, and water. Every couple weeks added more as needed to existing layer or added another mat. I also tried chicken manure, rabbit, and alpaca beans, and Dr earth with good results all around.

26 Likes

Welcome @Cannacryptic! Thanks for sharing! I love seeing all of the various styles of sips and ingenuity. There’s more than one way to skin a cat.

11 Likes

Thanks dude. It’s a very informative thread with useful takeaway found within :+1: I hope I didn’t act to out of pocket sharing that here. I noticed there are more than a few genuine students of craft hanging out here and just wanted to contribute some food for thought. I’m typically conducting a couple informal experiments in my grow as room allows. This one has theory involved that crosses over with the application of your SIP. I’m particularly intrigued by the layering of the beneficials I observed. I havn’t done that in any intentional way, but I can see how effective it could be in a number of applications now.

6 Likes

There is undoubtedly an obvious answer to this I’m overlooking, but what is a JR?

3 Likes

Smaller EarthBox, called a junior :+1::+1:

3 Likes

Holy shit dude! This could be the perfect solution for my mother tent over the holidays. I’ll likely have everything in 6” square pots by then and was figuring I’d have to rig up a dripper system, this looks way more elegant. That price tag though!!

4 Likes

Indeed there was :laughing:

3 Likes