Current Events (NonCannabis)

Just a place to put an interesting news article.

https://weather.com/science/environment/news/2017-12-19-epa-scott-pruitt-lean-superfund-sites

5 Likes
4 Likes

canadian schools considering letting high schools sleep in an extra hour. having trouble getting to class for 9? just start at 10am instead! imo setting them up even more for failure when they enter the workplace

5 Likes

@legalcanada. I did the math a couple years ago. I compared the hours I spent in school in the 60-70"s (7:30 am - 4:00 pm) to what is today’s norm. 2.5 hrs/day x 180 school days = 450 hours less or 56 days of learning lost per year. It’s no wonder they need a calculator for simple math and have trouble reading.

5 Likes

yes one of the few valuable things school teaches most kids these days is how to wake up on time and be punctual, but they apparently don’t want to even do that anymore.

don’t get me wrong, some kids actually do really well in school and those are the ones that will go on to do well in life, but a huge majority of kids just fuck around and the schools seem to be compromising to make things easier for them and it’s not doing them any favors. you can literally fail every class and still move on to the next grade these days.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Cannabis Current Events

4 Likes

speaking of california, there was a rocket or satellite launch freakin everyone out
ya right there’s no such thing as rockets and you can’t go to space, it’s just the firmament

1 Like
3 Likes

The truth is out there.

3 Likes

Did you fact check with the National Enquirer? Ha! Ha! :grin:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Hahahhaha!.
The piece I posted from the Sun Tabloid is sort of a follow up or companion piece to the NYT article which is challenged by the Scientific American article you posted.
Not sure what to believe, because according to this excerpt from SA:

The world already knew that plenty of smart folks believe in alien visitors, and that pilots sometimes encounter strange phenomena in the upper atmosphere - phenomena explained by entities other than space aliens, such as a weather balloon, a rocket launch or even a solar eruption.

Huh?? Upper atmosphere???

Here is an article from the NYT which clearly states, and shows video from “50 feet above the churn” (in the ocean, definitely not the upper atmosphere):

Hovering 50 feet above the churn was an aircraft of some kind — whitish — that was around 40 feet long and oval in shape. The craft was jumping around erratically, staying over the wave disturbance but not moving in any specific direction, Commander Fravor said. The disturbance looked like frothy waves and foam, as if the water were boiling.

Excerpt from:

3 Likes

The Scientific American article really creeps me out, because it seemingly ignores the pre-existing NYT piece which clearly provides the testimony of pilots flying nowhere near the upper atmosphere…could a weather balloon churn the surface of the ocean? Not very likely IMO!

Here is the piece specially mentioned by the SA article.

Wow, I have no earthly idea what to believe.

I’ll just binge the X Files and try to figure it out!!!

4 Likes

Well, I hesitated in posting this story here.
It is truly one of the most disturbing stories I have read in the past year.
Obviously, I have overcome my initial hesitation to share this article.
However…
I think that I need to warn any potential readers that this is not an article for the squeamish stoners among us.

Creepy and quite unsettling.

2 Likes

Amazing how motivating greed can be. That was shocking. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

@ryasco

I know, right?
I am an organ donor.
Makes me want to reconsider.

Yikes!

4 Likes

I am a organ donor in Mexico. Probably not very smart now that I think about it.

7 Likes

You need Kevlar covers for your kidneys. Ha! Ha!

2 Likes

I asked the lady at the dmv if there was any risk of them leting me die on the side of the road for my organs and she said no. I told her I trusted her and signed. :joy:

4 Likes