Current Events (NonCannabis)

thanks for the Lyme article - I just ordered the book!

1 Like

One would have to be a special kind of doofus to want to get a buzz on by using
wasp insecticide.

Wow,

Wasp spray used as alternative meth, contributed to three overdoses

2 Likes

I would have to agree that moderation with wasp spray is the key! :smile:

“From what we’re being told, if you use it, you know, you might use it one or twice and be fine, but the third time when your body hits that allergic reaction, it can kill you,” Sgt. Charles Sutphin said.

2 Likes

Municipal governments run amok.
Pure unbridled greed.
Shameful.

A Florida woman was fined $100,000 for a dirty pool and overgrown grass. When do fines become excessive?

3 Likes

Mr. Krassner was writing freelance pieces for Mad magazine in 1958 when he realized that there was no equivalent satirical publication for adults; Mad, he could see, was largely targeted at teenagers. So he started The Realist out of the Mad offices, and it began regular monthly publication. By 1967 its circulation had peaked at 100,000.

“I had no role models and no competition, just an open field mined with taboos waiting to be exploded,” Mr. Krassner wrote in his autobiography.

The magazine’s most famous cartoon was one, drawn in 1967 by the Mad artist Wally Wood, of an orgy featuring Snow White, Donald Duck and a bevy of Disney characters enjoying a variety of sexual positions. (Mickey Mouse is shown shooting heroin.) Later, digitally colored by a former Disney artist, it became a hot-selling poster that supplied Mr. Krassner with modest royalties into old age.

4 Likes

how many people were arrested for cannabis by Rhode Island police, and prosecuted by Rhode Island DA’s, over the 70 years of priests raping boys?? which they ignored?

so NY state will not allow another Woodstock concert festival

1 Like

more corruption…Mass. political class won’t even say how many kids die after taken from parents by the state:

The Globe also requested information from DCF about the deaths of all children in Massachusetts who were determined to have died by abuse or neglect during the past two fiscal years.

But the department tracks that data differently — by calendar year rather than fiscal year. And citing confidentiality rules, the department does not release the dates of those deaths, making it impossible to compare or align the numbers with those of children who died while under DCF care.

meanwhile…USA’s capital city of fabulous wealth, millions stolen by the govt. right in plain sight…trains falling apart as Cuomo family steals the money:

1 Like

won’t be long now

1 Like

Hey @Muleskinner. This is where we go tubing on the Fro River. Some Frio water sounds good to me right now. Come on down!

6 Likes

Hill country looks beautiful!

1 Like

A Haverhill company announced Friday that it is closing down its water operations, more than a month after its spring water was found to have been tainted with toxic chemicals.

The decision came after state officials said that Spring Hill Dairy Farm was removing all of its gallon-sized jugs and other bottled water from supermarket shelves across Massachusetts. The water has been sold for years throughout New England, under different in-house brand names, at Whole Foods, CVS, Stop & Shop, Market Basket, Roche Brothers, and elsewhere.

They also said the Food and Drug Administration, which regulates bottled water, had inspected the plant and found that Spring Hill had “met all the standards.” Nancy Sterling, another spokeswoman for Spring Hill, later said that the FDA did not test the water.

3 Likes
2 Likes

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Hey man, I’m sorry about today! Sorry for your loss. Hope you’re hanging in there.

1 Like

thanks brother. i’m loaded heavy with CBD & THC. it’s not easy but could be worse for sure. i’m glad the suffering stopped & am solidly in favor of “right to die/medical euthanaesia”.

:v: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:

she was a lot kinder than me.

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes
3 Likes

Hell yeah! Let’s go to the beach! WTF?!

2 Likes

good news…

disturbing…evil Amazon…

2 Likes