Damn hernia lol

Well just got one, popped up. Sucks.

Consultation in 2 weeks. I live my life as natural as possible, however after reading up, they offer a synthetic mesh or non mesh options . Rather not have a piece of plastic in my body, but it seems like it won’t happen again. Anybody have had this surgery? Also not looking happy towards the 3-4” scar next to my male parts… ugh

1 Like

That sucks! Ouch!!! :fearful:

Read that 40% all men have one in their lifetime.

2 Likes

Apprently, you may have some different options…

Surgical Mesh

Surgical mesh is a medical device that is used to provide additional support to weakened or damaged tissue. The majority of surgical mesh devices currently available for use are constructed from synthetic materials or animal tissue.

Surgical mesh made of synthetic materials can be found in knitted mesh or non-knitted sheet forms. The synthetic materials used can be absorbable, non-absorbable or a combination of absorbable and non-absorbable materials.

Animal-derived mesh are made of animal tissue, such as intestine or skin, that has been processed and disinfected to be suitable for use as an implanted device. These animal-derived mesh are absorbable. The majority of tissue used to produce these mesh implants are from a pig (porcine) or cow (bovine) source.

Non-absorbable mesh will remain in the body indefinitely and is considered a permanent implant. It is used to provide permanent reinforcement to the repaired hernia. Absorbable mesh will degrade and lose strength over time. It is not intended to provide long-term reinforcement to the repair site. As the material degrades, new tissue growth is intended to provide strength to the repair.

2 Likes

Man… which one would you go with

1 Like

I would probably not go with an animal derived mesh, and would seek advice on the synthetic absorbable mesh. If you can heal the area yourself, this would then disappear in time.

Absorbable mesh will degrade and lose strength over time. It is not intended to provide long-term reinforcement to the repair site. As the material degrades, new tissue growth is intended to provide strength to the repair.

Yup been there, groin hernia11 years ago. Had permanent synthetic mesh inserted, 4" scar in left groin area, Well faded now but it was almost invisible once the hairs grew back anyway and had no problems with it since. Took a few weeks to recover enough to drive again though so patience and nice bud required. Good luck brother!

2 Likes

Cool man. Can you pick up heavy shit like before?

@ Cocofan Not for a while, 6 months at least and you will be reminded of it when you do try. Sharp sting a bit like a needle has been stuck in down there. If your job involves a lot of heavy lifting you could have problems, maybe you can find light work till you get stronger. It knackered me to shift plants in 2 gallon pots about for a while but that was heavy compost full of sand at the time. large bags of compost were out of the question for about 3 months. You should be fine with Coco though eh. Need to keep quite active after the op and have well cured buds available to smoke cos coughing will be painful for a bit and a strain with quite a high CBD level is good for obvious reasons. A