Dankmaster’s Columbian Gold x Xmas bud 79 group run

Well I knew the hazards wouldn’t be without incident. I just found the Colombian Gold w hard swollen calyx, so suffice to say it’s Xmas bud males. I don’t have a clue which, but after they mature and harvested I will pack them up and send them to a volunteer OG liaison to send to members who are interested in growing it. Whoever is interested in volunteering to be the liaison let me know. There could be some Chocolate Haze x Xmas too. I think I see a few tell tale swollen calyx, though not as many. There probably won’t be that many total, so it will be limited and one time deal.

63 Likes

Sounds interesting. I’m new but in love with OG. I’d volunteer to grow or liaison. Either way keep me posted. What the Xmas variety?

2 Likes

Its Christmas bud 79 from CSI Humboldt. Basically an older Afghani, maybe some NL in it

10 Likes

Awesome. Probably a good producer

2 Likes

I’ve got en El aquamista that I love that’s got NL in it.

3 Likes

I’m down to see what kind of characteristics she brings!

3 Likes

I just read up on it. Sounds awesome. I was just asking my uncle if he had any old seeds laying around for fun

2 Likes

Should be an interesting cross!

4 Likes

i would love some with my planned xmas 79 grow for seed here soon, , maybe some nice back crosses.
i would only be able to send seed back in return that would be xmas79 x Colombian gold x xmas 79.
might be something to think on,
id love some seed if your able or wanting. i havent started it yet as i have other works going
maybe even a Colombian gold project possibly but not both at once.

7 Likes

These F1’s should be really interesting, considering both strains are really stable. An F2 generation would give a really wide range of genetic information from which to select!

3 Likes

@OriginalDankmaster96, I could do a small to medium size disto of these seeds (50-75 packs of 10-15 seeds)
I’m in love with pine tar kush smells, and the Christmas bud sounds similar and just as great. So this sounds like a cross I’d really be interested in getting involved with.

Let me know if this would work.

6 Likes

@firehead Thanks for offering. I’m not sure on the numbers yet. It’s sporadic in spots, and I don’t know what’s deeper inside. Could be less than 100 or more than, but I don’t think it was that heavy for 500+ Depending on quantity and how many members request, they could be made into 5 packs.

6 Likes

That sounds like a good pairing despite the Oops pollination it could be a blessing I’d imagine they would both have interesting alleles to share.I’d love some of those

2 Likes

Sounds like a happy accident to me!

3 Likes

Actually I’m getting impressed…the coloring is darker, despite deficiency eating at the leaf

17 Likes

@OriginalDankmaster96
Ok.
Smaller distro is even better. I just didn’t want to commit to distributing thousands of beans. :fearful:

But if you still need small scale distribution when the time arrives, just hit me up. :+1:

2 Likes

Sounds really good would be interested if gets to me

This is kinda perfect for Christmas Bud. A truly extreme Afghani needs a truly extreme narrowleaf tropical to temper it.

If I had the space, I’d be all over this. Like a recreation of NL5 Haze there’s gotta be some good plants with real true hybrid vigor since both are actual IBL.

Get on it folks.

7 Likes

Would be interested in acquiring some of these!

1 Like

Thanks @vernal Ya know I’ve thought of the marriage a number of times. Just didn’t want to go around dusting for the hell of it, but I figured some would get back there anyway. If it turns out as a surprise, I can always do more when I flower the large mom to self it. It’s actually not that unruly for stretch. I flowered at 9” thinking it might be triple, but it only reached about 15-17” total. Possibly tighter nodes helps full cola formation and laterals stay shorter.

4 Likes