Dankmaster’s Old School Pine Genetics workshop/log

It’s CRAZY stuff mixed…it’s already damned good with either one. A is the soaring sativa Xmas version and B is the old classic flavors of the 90’s coma trip melt. New testers have a choice of which version they want to showcase to the forum. Sending will begin next week latter half, so have choices made. 5 NL2 seeds will be included in every pack. 3 lucky testers I have yet to decide will get 5 NL2 x CripXmas to trial.

4 Likes

Do we post our preference here or dm or are you going to make a list?

1 Like

I have decided @Rabeats2093 will be getting BOTH version as his grows warrant it hands down :+1: He will also get the 5 NL 2 x CripXmas

I’m LOOKING through grows, to see who the other two are that will get those and IF a grow is exceptional to be sent BOTH. Having pics of prior grows to see increases the chances

Update : I’ve decided @420noob is the 2nd to get NL2 x CripXmas…one more left

MUST be able to take pictures. I have very few requirements, but this is one. I have no way to see and study what you get going, try to help ID pheno etc. it’s more of a ‘giveaway’ than test grow and that’s not what this is.

My other is simple, just be regular and reliable in updating progress. One tester named Hashstash bailed out after getting seed and never updated past seedlings in the cup. I explained it’s not gifts and got huffy.

Initially Columbian gold x Xmas bud was a giveaway until I decided to do it as a test run instead. So I just want to be clear how this is run. Your grow can be done here OR your diary. Tag me if you’re updating on your own diary so I know where to watch and keep track. Clearly I’ll have double the number from last test, so I’ll have multiple threads to juggle. By time estimates I said 2-3rd week of the New Year, so I’m on schedule to start. Looking forward to kicking it off next week

5 Likes

DM choice with address

All packaged up…got 5 sets ready to go just as soon the bubble mailers arrive

9 Likes

Wow bro ! That’s sick finally my growing efforts pay off lmao .anddd the 5 NL 2 x CripXmas!?! To boot

As I said I’ve been waiting to pop these suckers
And see the potential indoors while passing time to pop some outdoors as well …who knows prolly will knab some clones from them as well

THIS IS NOT A GIVEAWAY this is for Science:)

Bro mixing the A & B video had me cracking up …that’s how I am when smoking a dab …deff must have some power behind it !

3 Likes

This is gonna be perfect timing for me and I’ve been getting a couple new 1(.8 technically) gallon plastic pots with side drainage (fabric2& 3 gal), upgrade from miracle-gro to Happy frog potting mix, introducing calmag and a 2 part nute regiment veg and bloom booster but I am really just adding in the calmag and better soil first and using a bloom booster for flower and calmag throughout the grow but it’s time to get some better quality soil mostly!

1 Like

Yeah, it’s definitely paying off. I’m looking for the members that can really show OG the potential of the line. You’re really established too, so that helps in my decisions. You’ve earned it !

YES, you definitely see the power it shows. And IF that’s like a dab, I can see concentrates and hash/rosin being stellar here too.

Now one more popped for sure. The rate is 70% and if the other one pops, that will take it 85%. I’m satisfied. Everything is GO!

6 Likes

Get yourself the SPARTAN regimen Nectar of the gods nutes. You’ll thank me later. Best organic line I’ve used. The starting kit is close to 100, but replacing quart bottles can be as low as 15 bucks.

1 Like

I haven’t gotten the nutes yet so I’ll have to check it out thanks I’m extremely new when it comes to nutes ferts and supplements but is it better for me to get powder or liquid

1 Like

Well thanks again brother …I will do my best that’s for sure!
I rarely dab or hit rosin but love the hash !
Deff willing to put the time in to find a pine gem …and make a mother
Plus it’s A fast finisher as well !

70% germ rate is proper …
Knock on wood but usually I’m a good seed starter !
And if one more pops boosting it to 85 percent that’s stellar…ither way they deffpassed the germ test !

4 Likes

You could do what I do, that’s bubbling organic tea as plants need it. 5 gall bucket with lid, and one large air stone suited for DWC. You top off as it gets low and always keep the nutes churning and bubbling.

2 Likes

I’ve been looking at making a small dwc setup to try out and a 5 gallon bucket and air stone is all that it’d need the cuz I have a unopened air stone and plenty of 5 gallon buckets :thinking: Hmmm time to get the MacGyver skills out LoL, thanks and I have found the nectar of the gods and it’s available at a store in my area and it’s 78.98 plus tax so I will have to check them out and do u use calmag sometimes or not needed if I am using the kit because I know that it’s part of fix farms 3 part kit and it’s just called something fancy but just wondering and I have been struggling with getting soil consistently and the same brand so I’ve been thinking of doing a small dwc!

1 Like

Yes, I actually do a 2nd bucket for BA and Cal-Mag. The best and highest concentration is Cal-mag plus from Blue Planet. I swear by it. I have cal mag monsters, so 2 scoops per gall is still not enough. It’s a soluble powder. Has many trace elements, almost 60

IF you go DWC, make sure your water quality is suited for it. Keep it at 72 or under. IF not the right quality it can be a nightmare of slime and rot :slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

And it’s about to kick off!

2 Likes

I can hardly contain myself, hey @DrGonzo13 this is what im using at the moment, I like ocean forest too but this is what the hydro shop had, Home Depot carries worm castings and perlite. There’s also a bag of Mother Earth soil in this grow I have going, just as a extra soil in my mix. By spring I should be able to get a bale of pro mix, (my go to filler) some ocean forest with the magic compost from a friend and the sun. Bam outdoorbring the pine.:evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Dr Gonzo, bro WTF! STOP your collecting of seed. It has been brought to my attention. Even @Carty feels frustrated. The community WILL decide if you’re in or out. I’ve posted a poll under feedback left. You can’t do this. Karma will bite you in ass. I’m leaving it in the hands of the community, and if they vote NO, you’re going to wish you didn’t to miss out. I’m sorry, but I stand for ethical principles. It’s just who I am as an autistic person.

3 Likes

5 on B are up already

3 A are planted. One did stall out. I have one more than looks like it cracked a bit. We will see if it reveals white. Are some seeds actually sterile embryos that are devoid of life ? :thinking:

I’d now like to show the 2 parent clone bonsai moms, and BOTH are really compact over a month old probably at 11” and 13” so expect really short growing plant w compact nodes

CripXmas A shows the variegated mutant and deformities, so expect WEIRD traits to appear in this version, especially getting a Xmas pheno.

CripXmas B is more thicker branches, stubby nodes and a fat base meristem. It really takes a bit growth to get a cut since there’s very minimal stretch happening, otherwise very robust and stays very healthy from deficiencies and forgiving of mistakes made.

11 Likes

Looks great! You used BBP on these if my memory is correct. I’ve nun into a strain recently that has really hard shells. They don’t like to sprout. I’m waiting to see if curing helps.

3 Likes

You mean Gibberelic acid/saltpeter, which is for those really hard to germinate seeds, like hot pepper. Yeah, I believe you’re right, harder shells difficult to break through. Started when I first used the seed and still happening after I made it. Let the cracking challenge begin :grin:

3 Likes