Dankmaster’s ongoing flowering tent (PTK, TC phenos and TC x Xmas)

7-16-22

Week 5

PTK cargo

Week 3

PTK A

PTK B

Tops 20-21 each

Xmas hybrid

2nd set of 4 two weeks in

3rd set of 4 just added

Overview

9 Likes

Looking great :+1:

2 Likes

I’m set up for 8 cycles, 1 every 2-3 weeks. Harvest 3 to 4 plants will start at first of Aug and carry all the way to Jan next year w another 16 cuts close to rooting.

6 Likes

Hey howya doing?

You use BBP? How does that stuff work out? Have you noticed better growth?

Anyway, on the subject of BBP you might be interested in a product called Microkote. It is a chemical root pruner (similar to airpots) that you paint on the inside of your pots. IMO it works very well at growing bigger, better, plants :wink:. About 15 years ago I did a comparison and the Microkote pots produced noticably larger, bushier and healthier looking plants. Using this product really benefits from up potting. I would highly recommend it if you don’t have an aversion to non organic.

www.microkote.com

I checkout the website and it says it might be organic now…also when I was using it they sold pre painted pots. Might be cheaper, they could still sell them just not listed on their webpage. I have dealt with the developer of the product personally and he is a affable guy ready to help if needed…he might still sell precoated pots.

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Yes, I’ve been using BBP once a week at 2.5 ml for a gall. I’ve noticed substantially chunkier nuggets and even the smaller lowers bulking up now. I believe it helps seedling w vigor as I used that on TC x Xmas group. So far I’m convinced it’s worth the cost vs other product bloom boosters. I’ll more than likely buy the 16oz later, but 4oz goes a long way. Thanks for the recommendation. I’m mostly organic in nutrients other than a few products that aren’t so not totally adverse. I do use grow bags so would that apply the same as airpots ? I’m wondering if the product would adhere to the surface of the bag. At any rate something to think about later. I think the end of this week pics will show how it’s helping density and maturity.

4 Likes

7-24-22

Week 6

Well the pictures speak for themselves. I’m absolutely positively convinced @BudBusterPro this is the BEST bloom/growth enhancer. This is the result of once a week, only 8oz water dilution. The lower buds are significantly chunkier than without. Just WOW. I’ll definitely be getting that 128.00 bottle. Those wondering, stop now and go buy the 4oz. Pair down other nutes or supplements as you won’t need them. Worth every penny. I’m a customer for the duration of my growing time. Anyway, I did 6 treatments, now I’ll flush w sticky and sweet molasses and potassium booster

Loaded w PTK seeds

This plant can’t even hold the weight now. I need bamboo skewers, but that’s testament to how accelerated BBP works. If you can buy it now do it, but if you can’t I highly suggest saving up.

TC x Xmas week 5

The one thing I’m sure that’s noticeable is the plant supports it’s weight upright. The sides and lowers are still filling in. Honestly it may actually be a surprising finish w decent weight at the end. There’s arrant PTK seeds here too

Week 4

PTK A

PTK B

I’ve defoliated underneath the center of tops and further at the bottom. Slight Mg deficiency, so I’m spaying only cal-mag to slow it. Other than that, these sticks are filling in. Like the others, there are arrant seeds, so PTK F2 on tap

Week 3

The next batch, which has a few of the selfed pheno. I’m interested to know if it was root bound for small buds or that’s the make up itself

Week 1

Overview

6 Likes

Thank you for the kind words !
Appreciate your patronage, and glad you have a tool you can rely on grow after grow. If you have any left overs after treating your plants, try it on your ornamentals or veggies in the garden…you’ll get the same response…it’s a lot of fun!

2 Likes

You deserve all the praise @BudBusterPro. You’re a mad chemist bro :sunglasses: I went into this to observe if there’s really a noticeable difference. Truthfully nothing is noticeable until about the end of the 4th week for buds, then when the swelling happens during 5-7 th weeks, every lower and side is visibly clearly bigger. There’s no larf at all. Less waste of plant and flower sites. I’m thinking there’s about 20 g’s a plant. I’m a true believer in it. :+1:

Week 7

7-31-22

TC B

Probably a few more days, except the seeded PTK branch will stay on longer to mature

Xmas hybrid

Week 6

All the sides along 3/4 up filled in nicely and the tops are bigger than selfed. I believe even this one was helped immensely by BBP treatments

Week 5

PTK A

PTK B

Both underneath

I’ve defoliated most of the inner canopy and treating the lowers w light foliar feed. I’m not dialed in to its strength needs, so slight clawing.

4 weeks

2 weeks

Overview

9 Likes

Thanks for your feedback. I found it interesting that you mention you saw no differences until well into flower. Normally you will observe obvious differences in veg…especially mid veg to flower stage!

May I ask if you began the applications early in veg, or just got a few apps on starting a few weeks before bloom? BBP is a flexible tool, and usually after the first grow, most growers will have a pretty good idea how they want to use it !

I’m only asking about your application program so I can add it to my knowledge base ! Thanks, Bob

2 Likes

Originally I started using BBP on the set of seeds I was growing out, which I noted the vigor was quite robust. When those all hermied except one plant, I had to throw some clones in that were going be seed bearers. I probably used some during treatments w what was left over to the clones I was vegging. I know when I started flip I did a pre and post treatment and every week after for 6 weeks. Oh I think the pre-budlets do show rapid formation, but where it’s really evident is entering maturity phase. It’s like going to everything is looking great, to whoa it’s getting bigger quickly. I believe mid 5th week is when my eyes noticed the overall increasing size throughout, w tiny lowers near the base doubling in size that I know doesn’t happen normally and more airy clusters than fully formed buds. So your product do bulk up the lower base that normally doesn’t do well due to factors of shading and weaker light.

2 Likes

Beauties, what’s that Tampa krippy smellin like?

2 Likes

Got it !
Thanks ODM !

1 Like

Thanks for stopping by :wink: The smell is quite similar to Bublegum and slightly astringent, although that’s not how it taste. Quite different when dried. Changes to pine-menthol-gas w funky note aftertaste in the back of the throat. The funky note is synonymous w this strain cause not many leave this lingering flavor after a massive hacking fit. You keep tasting it through the coughs. It’s really the only indica dominant strain I don’t get tired of.

4 Likes

Nice, I grew up in south Florida But by my time crip/crippy was a nickname for good weed. I’ve heard about Tampa crippy as well though. Mostly OG kush and mango haze those days for me.

2 Likes

Looking great. You got some really chunky ones going on. I’m enjoying the show and tell!

2 Likes

Day 47

A sneak peek TC x Xmas

Doing better in the final days run up. Definitely bigger than selfed but not B pheno. Nevertheless the structure held the plant weight w NO SUPPORT. In that sense it’s one goal accomplished.

7 Likes

Compare to B pheno

54 days

Even w 3 stakes and stuck in between each other, tops can’t hold up. This is the yielder pheno. One reason I want to attempt again finding the B x Xmas plant that won’t hermie or w just nanners.

5 Likes

Always enjoy your updates. They are looking great.
I thought I read you were using BBP on your grow. I was wondering if you were doing just crippy clones and the difference you saw.

3 Likes

Thanks I enjoy sharing and watching these last days after all this is what we wait patiently to see. Yes every plant got treated, so yes PTK’s are too. I treat flowering first, then what’s left over gets used on vegging seed plants and clones. I’ve only done up to 6th week, but longer flowering times like PTK may get 1-2 more since I think it will be about 9 weeks. Krippy is the mainstay of stash until jars are full :grin: I’ve got the Corn to see and NL2, then I’ll be popping 2 sets of 10 B pheno x Xmas to hopefully find a inactive intersex female to work from. On a side note I found a busted lower bud on PTK, dried it and got cedar notes mixed in. I can see a 3 way combination working quite well here.

6 Likes

Day 56

Well that’s a wrap. I had a feeling it wouldn’t be past week 8 unless for seed maturation

Anyone want to take a guess per plant ? Mine is 20 per, which is pretty good for SOG style. Without BBP my guess would’ve been 10 per.

Time to get cuttin’

7 Likes