Danky Swamp Funk: Comic Book Genetics-Pollen Chuck Reports

Wow those leaves look huge on a few of those

1 Like

Thanks to all my testers and supporters!!

Your seeds went out today!

8 Likes

One of the strains listed is the Plum Fairy

Plum Fairy is
Silver Lotus (m5) x Sakura

Mother-
Silver Lotus: SuperSilverHaze x SnowLotus
Snow Lotus is Afgooey x Blockhead

Father:
Sakura
Bubba Kush x Wookie15
Wookie is Bodhis “Big Buddy’s Lavender” x Appalachia
Appalachia is GreenCrack x TresDawg

The mom silver Lotus was the frostiest SL pheno that smelled like bubblegum, jasmine, and sour haze. Flavor carries over amazingly. Taste the sweet jasmine haze immediately, smooth smoke that is full flavored light and sweet that has that back end that leaves the taste of exotic incense and woody haze on top of a truly sweet floral palate. Probably the tastiest thing I’ve had in a long time. Buzz is up and creative but you kinda just wanna sit there as it’s kinda debilitating. The Sakura male smelled like skunky cherry and chocolate gas on the end. He didn’t have the fattest “Bubba leaves” in fact none of them had those elephant ear kush leaves but I’m seeing it often in the offspring. This hybrid could go both ways. But I think the Sakura will add some density to the already great frame and calyx structure of the Silver Lotus. I think they’ll have a fade almost like a pale plum. The mother was very white and frosty but pale gray green with a Smokey lavender tint. The Sakura also had a purple fade in the females from big buddy’s Lavender cut. I’m hoping for an ultimately tasty herb with killer effect.

3 Likes

Another one I’m just nicknaming Swamp Bud

The mother is 1989 Northern Lights #5 x BCSC Northern Lights 5

Father is Sakura

The mother is really weird smelling to me. It has this lime pepper fresh-hash and lime smell with fresh organic forest floor. Smoke is super hashy and thick and very smooth with a very relaxing effect. I think maybe my favorite find from this run. The buds are very very dense, Crossed with the Sakura I have no idea what is gonna result. I’m just thinking it’s gonna be a great cross.

3 Likes

The Girl Scout Cookies (thin mint cut) x Sakura
I’ve nicknamed Purple Praline. I liked Tagalong Truffle too as Tagalong is an actual GSC cookie and I kinda feel like I’m tagging along w all the GSC crosses.Truffle, well bc chocolate from the Bubba in the Sakura.
Will be interesting to look for similarities to Bodhi’s Granola Funk which is GSC x Wookie and this is GSC x Bubba/Wookie15.

Here’s a write up on Granola Funk. DenRec just won a cup w it!

Well, right on folks! Can’t wait to see this thread transform into a Swamp Bud City! I really hope everyone finds something to their liking. Keep cuts in case you find something special is my only suggestion. If there’s a killer winner I would love to see a cut stick around. There would be no higher honor.

Peas
Swampy :v:t2:

7 Likes

7 Likes

BBxA11
Blossom

_
Bubbles & Blossom

_
Buttercup & Bubbles

8 Likes

I am honored and delighted to be a tester for @Swampthing, whom i follow on instagram as well. I got the Hiro which is Bruce Banner/Apollo11 x Sakura. Sounds like fun. Have to wait for the beans to get here and need to move but, will be running alongside the Sour Bubble and the Grass Monkey. 3 strains instead of two.

HppHrvst :robot:

4 Likes

Looking great! the proof is in the pudding as they say! Can’t wait to see the puddin! I really like pudding…

Can’t wait to see those babies get big and strong! Can already clearly see the Apollo in those serrations. Looking forward to seeing whether you got the BA F2s or BAxSakura. Dunno why I had scribbled down you had the F2s but certainly wouldn’t be the first time I had a goof

2 Likes

How in the world would you be able to tell?

Not for nothing. If your records are less than perfect there is really no test being conducted here. I am 100% sure that when I first received them you decided that they must be BBA11 F2s. But you were unsure even then, and now your repeated confusion has me unsure.

All of that is perfectly fine if you’re just trying to overgrow the world.
If your intention is to sell these strains, you’ve gotta get your ducks in a row, and labeled.

1 Like

Intention is not to really sell these as much as create some fun crosses for people. Honestly I only made about 10 packs of each (most). So I’ll probably keep 2 to myself, and if someone wants to donate towards a couple along the way then great. If I told you 100% they’re def F2s, then they’re BAs. Have maybe 30 of those, so definitely enjoy them while they’re around… Bodhi never released any of em which was the main reason I f2d em. I would never just F2 someone’s work and sell it. If a strain had been discontinued and there was a sought after pheno for that strain and you isolate and work it for a while… I dunno, with the breeders permission I guess would be ok. But either way that cross should hopefully be a great yielder.

Would you mind telling us more about those babies. How many were popped, germ rate, medium/container, Lights? Danks bud, and sorry for the confusion @Worcestershire_Farms

4 Likes

Thanks @dank-a-saurus & @Calyxander
They’ll soon be joining the super hero crew. Batman and robin up there…

Wanted to offer 3 more people the chance to test Sassaby (GoldenGoat/DurbanPoison x Sakura). This one will have some very exotic flavors and nice colas.

To test all you’ve gotta do is pop em right away and grow em! Thanks guys.

6 Likes

Started five and three came up. I suspect that was environmental, as my crib is very nearly uninsulated and winter refused to let go its icy grip. The medium is a living soil, assembled by feel more than a specific recipe. (cuz I’m broke and buildasoil 3.0 is pricey :grin: ) Current lighting is pure sun and the weather has been beautiful. Today is going to be fridge temps and rain, so they’ll be inside under the off-the-shelf LEDs. My first solstrips have just been shipped, so choices open up whether to flower indoors or out.

3 Likes

Yikes! Finally warmed up here! Seems like we’re gonna have a long winter, couple weeks of spring, then straight into summer! Winter really seemed to drag on this year with a few snows in April and I’m pretty sure we had a little at the beginning of May. Crazy weather for sure…but I’m ready for summer! Not so much the heat as much as the longer days and all the green vegetation that accompanies. The long dark days and dead plants can be kinda depressing… some days just don’t wanna get up when it’s cold and dreary. But no excuse when it’s nice out! Hope everyone is enjoying the nice weather. My pup certainly loves it bc we goto Parks and stuff much more often. But she’s been a lil nutty recently. We often have rabbits & squirrels in our yard and I can hear her crying all across the house. She really stresses out and wants to play with all the lil furry creatures like squirrels and rabbits… they definitely don’t share the same feelings

6 Likes

We had it yesterday.

1 Like

)Hey @BloodyAxe just wanted to share this tester thread with ya. Saw you had posted in the info thread but wanted to share the tester thread so you could participate in all the madness!

Cheers
Swampy
PS had shipped like 20 packs within the last week of various crosses (mostly GSCxSakura but a bunch others as well) hopefully this thread gets bumping with a bunch of dank nugs soon

1 Like

Woot woot!!! Later tonight I’ll put 8 of these bad boys is some water. Thanks for the opportunity @Swampthing

5 Likes

They arrived very fast. Like three days maybe four.

1 Like

Awesome! I put up a vote on IG on what to name em.

It was 67% Tagalong Truffle to 33% Purple Praline

What do you think?

3 Likes

Well, my postal delivery included this:

Rapid delivery!
Will commence germination within the hour.

I am very familiar with SSH, having grown it several times. Looking forward to the genetic combo within this cross.
Thanks for opportunity @Swampthing

6 Likes