DanzaKuduro's Journal

The Pennywise runt (5 inches tall) may be female; strange crinkled leaves are in praying position and her branches are nearly as thick as her stem.

The remaining six plants range between 12 and 19 inches in height. The 4 tall Pennywise ladies exhibit multiple bud sites. The pair of Queen Mothers are taking their own sweet time.

The plants appear healthy, enjoy their meals and smell like a bakery.

6 Likes

I use small pots and have to feed more often. I have jugs of supplements (Black Knight, ewc tea, Coots rehydrated kelp and alfalfa) that are blended with sprouted seed tea, grains, coffee grounds, fresh greens, etc. When the soil level drops its time for a top dressing.

The 2 gallon pots are too heavy on my bad days and I can only move one 2 gallon pot at a time on my walker. I can handle 3 small pots in an oil pan. LAB decomposes the dead roots and breaks down amendments. It’s like growing in an endless coffee cup :joy: but it gets the job done.

5 Likes

I often have problems with fungal damping off with real seed co stock, especially ones that were gathered from their native environments like the nanda devi. Let me know if you figure something out that helps improve their viability.
For their lebanese, I had pretty good results using a little bit of powdered humic acid in the seed soak. It helped them sprout and establish more rapidly, which seemed to avoid the problem.

I’ll be trying to start their malana cream stock from 2014, I don’t have many of those so I’ll probably be trying the classic commercial method of soaking in water with a drop of peroxide for sterilization. I’ll let you know how that goes.

3 Likes

Zephyr

Thank you! I have had problems with Lebanese and the parvati. Sinai and Mazar-i-Sharif are kittens in comparison. My nanda devi seeds are old. I will try the humic acid or ewc tea soak. Your advice is greatly appreciated :pray:

3 Likes

Time for school photos :slightly_smiling_face:

3 of 5 Jungle Spice #7 sprouts in the rear row. 2 of 5 Icarus OG F2 x Zamal sprouts in front row. A third Icarus is taking a dirt nap. The remaining Jungle Spice and Icarus seeds are soaking in barley corn sprouts water.

Tahoe OG x Apollo 13 have been transferred to nursery pots. Soil is compost, recycled soil from Hindu kush and Mazar-i-Sharif harvest, fresh ewc and coco coir, oysyer shell, sprouts rinse water, barley straw mulch. Plants will get their first sprouted seed tea in a day or two.

Next are random pictures of Pennywise and Queen Mother plants in flower inside the Red Tent. The Pennywise have multiple buds stacking versus the Queen Mother slowly forming more traditional sativa buds. All plants are sharing an oil pan except the Big Queen who is expanding her perimeter to the diameter of the oil pan. She better put some buds on those bones :kissing_heart:

8 Likes

LAB curds strained and refrigerated; one jar with coffee filter awaiting liquid draining from curds. The LAB jars share a shelf with rehydrated alfalfa and kelp (Coots recipe).

The curds will be blended with barley corn sprouts, chard and pineapple; ground barley, oatmeal, flaxseed; Down to Earth Bio-live, alfalfa and kelp meal; coconut
flour, earthworm castings to make top dressing for flowering Pennywise and Queen Mother plants. Any excess material will be blended with soil used to pot arugula seedlings.

7 Likes

Excess top dressing after sitting several days in plastic bag. It will be mixed with soil for a pot of arugula seedlings.

6 Likes

Random pictures of the Pennywise and Queen Mother flowers inside tent during darkness phase.

6 Likes

Tahoe OG male x Apollo 13 female

6 Likes

Boneyard Icarus OG F2 x Zamal

7 Likes

Jungle Spice #7 phenotype has very thin leaves in comparison to the Icarus OG F2 x Zamal leaves.

2 of the Js#7 seedlings croaked and another has not sprouted. I have a flat of Mazar-i-Sharif seeds germinating for a bud run.

Tahoe Apollo plants are happily vegging. The Pennywise and Queen Mother plants continue to stack buds in the Red Tent.

2 Likes

3 Icarus OG F2 x Zamal were transferred from cups to nursery pots and topped with barley straw. The plants were watered with rinse water from current sprouted seed jar.

7 of 10 Mazar-i-Sharif F2 have sprouted under the dome.

The Pennywise and Queen Mother plants had mixed sprouts (microgreens, lentils, corn and barley) blended with Dark Knight, insect frass and earthworm castings tea. I took some pictures of one Pennywise and the larger Queen Mother outside of the Red Tent. The first 3 photos are the Queen Mother.

Pennywise photos below:

I popped my first autoflower called Russian Jet Fuel in a nursery pot previously occupied by blue dwarf kale in the sunroom.

3 Likes

A second autoflower has sprouted in a vacated kale pot. The Jungle Spice #7 is down to a sole survivor. The pair of Tahoe OG x Apollo 13 are healthy and getting fat. The 3 Icarus OG x Zamal are growing nicely and the smallest one looks variegated. 8 of the 10 Mazar-i-Sharif F2 are growing their first set of leaves in the seedling flat; the dome has been removed. All of the plants in veg have been fed rinse water from sprouting corn.

The flowering Pennywise buds are becoming dense and the pistils are beginning to show more color. The Queen Mother plants are budding nicely. The flowering plants are watered with a punch of Dark Knight, ewc tea, kelp tea, fermented sea water, coconut sugar and LAB.

I ordered comfrey bock 14 from Sebring and purchased some African klip dagga seeds from Bakers Creek. I also have some dinosaur kale and bok choy seeds for the garden. The plants are in auto mode for now. I want to start more Jungle Spice seeds but they would have to veg and flower in the sunroom because the Mazar-i-Sharif plants will be moved to gallon containers soon … the veg closet is booked to capacity until the Pennywise graduate to drying nooses.

I may pop more autoflowers in the sunroom or use the landrace version-- Sinai seeds. I am curious to see which strains will veg and flower in regular sunlight with the vegetables and ornamentals.

2 Likes

Queen Mother bud shot

Pennywise bud shot

3 Likes

Tahoe OG male x Apollo 13 female

2 Likes

Icarus OG F2 x Zamal

2 Likes

Jungle Spice 7

1 Like

Mazar-i-Sharif

2 Likes

Sprouted corn seeds were blended with Dark Knight and coconut flour. Queen Mother, Pennywise, Tahoe and Icarus plants are licking their chops :blush:

3 Likes

Preparing a pot for the comfrey bocking 14 received from Sebring :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes