Dark Sparks with Mr.Sparkle : Growing 2019

Hey @Mr.Sparkle that is a shot load of seeds, those boys and girls certainly had a great orgy going to produce that many lol.
Those root mass’s are also insane, I think you are right going back to the coco.
Keep up the great work, as it’s inspiring to a lot of us.
Cheers Johnny

6 Likes

Sure don’t miss washing brick coco … haha , Well on to the new round.

Ripped these out of the rockwool i had just put them in two days back, one may be dodgy so i start a back up, also have 12 other seeds just waiting to hit paper towel once they are ready, currently swimming.

Just hand watering for the next day or couple to see how this chunky stuff dries and then i’ll turn on and fill the watering system when needed.

Made up my standard bin should be enough for the other pots plus another 1/2 run.

13 Likes

I love reading and re-reading your threads… I always learn something new, and even though I use soil, it’s interesting to see the experience/results of other media. And everything is so damn tidy…lol. You set the bar pretty high @Mr.Sparkle

Peace
DaFozz

8 Likes

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

On to another cycle

Remaining rockwool start, the others taught me to make sure you have the tap root in direct contact with a wet chunk that’s buried enough to stay wet.

What stage some of the others are at

And loaded out apart from two spots but dunked some seeds and extras just now, the lights i dropped and turned down to 52ish watts a side, and a watering cycle of 10sec twice a day which i will be playing with.

11 Likes

:wave:

Have you grown orchids, Mister?

I’m still somewhat faithful if ignorant heheh that cannabis can adapt to orchid media & feed but I am also a dunce with hydroponics.

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Som bitch! That’s a lot of seeds looks like ya might have to start incorporating a few spoonfuls in your diet here pretty soon loving the color on those beans!

5 Likes

“52 watts a side”.

What do you put them at for flowering? Whats the sq ft of those chambers?

5 Likes

Thanks I knew it was in the thread somewhere!

2 Likes

@chestionabil that figure above is slight over estimate, actual is just over 3sqft per side “3.06sqft” 49.5cm x 57.5cm (19.5" x 22.5") Height though is 73cm (28 3/4") inside floor to ceiling

So they are super turned down right now, will probably flower at 120-150+w a side

5 Likes

Ah cool, I was wondering what you would normally crank them to.

2 Likes

honestly haven’t done a yield run in these yet, so haven’t pushed the wattage much, but know that range should give me some good results

5 Likes

Oh definitely. Do you have a rough watts/sq ft rule or something like that you use when designing cabs?

3 Likes

35-50+w of led light per sqft is a rough for flowering at 50 your typically fighting the plants back if healthy and they have enough root space.

6 Likes

Perhaps I need to drop my wattage a bit on my own cabinet as I am close to 65W/sq. ft. I thought I was OK because I had read somewhere that max W/sq. ft. was 75. More info to confuse me…lol.

Peace
DaFozz

5 Likes

65w/sqft you can do everything else just needs to support it, if your getting good results don’t change it

8 Likes

Thank you @Mr.Sparkle… it is something I was unsure about and concerned about. I will have to keep an eye on it, and see how it plays out

Peace
DaFozz

6 Likes

Quick update ill call this day zero, have some seedling that are just above ground and opening up also have some seeds that will be probably be ready to plant in a day or two.

14 Likes

Day 2, swapped out the reservoirs just to clean it up as i was still leaching a lot of color will do a better wash on the next batch, pH and levels were good though

After running for the last week

New fill up 820ppm and 6.0 pH or so, gonna swap it out at the end of the week so did a small batch.

And i have some seedlings again wooo.

Did some shuffles and pulled a couple, but every pot has a seed *(or two) and or a seedling going in it.

Most all are looking happy like this, will be interesting to see what they do in the next week.

Also a mutant expression showed, actually the second one out of these seeds to have it, but cant say who the carrier of it is. Now whether it becomes an issue or a multifoliate guess we will see, always neat to see.

Tri-cotyledon seedling

16 Likes

Neat, I’ve never seen that before! Almost looks like a different kind of plant.

3 Likes