Dark Sparks with Mr.Sparkle : Growing 2019

'Curious when the last time or if you’ve used DWC? …& what other various setups have you tried in the past? What things would you like to try out but can’t at present? :nerd: :clipboard:

What about mixed-media options or even layers? (Thinking of perlite & vermiculite, etc.)

Sec’y :evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Sucks about starting over. Things don’t always work out but that’s what makes your thread so interesting to me. Your always trying something new and most of the time kicking ass with it.:+1:

3 Likes

Have never done dwc as it just did not lend itself well to micro growing if i grew bigger that would be a different scenario. As for the past, peat based mixes, to nice organic composts mixes, vermiculite stuff but more for cloning, perlite a little but branched more into higher concentration mixes of it with peat and or coco. Obviously coco as well and that being my favorite but have used from commercial bagged quality stuff to $1 bricks and pet store coco, guess hydroton as of late :thumbsdown: to that well for me anyways as i saw quite a few limitations so thus back to the coco, but im trying the chunkier stuff as i never really have used it alone and have seen others use it to good success. So figured why not.

But doesn’t play well with seedlings starting direct in it, thus the recent change to kinda get a best of both worlds scenario hopefully as its leaning that way forsure when looking at it more specifically.

As for layering sure if it provides a bonus but in micro setups its usually pretty pointless when you actually consider the actual distances were talking about where 1" can mean 20-25% of your pot volume.

So looking back on all the above i use to have a background goal of keeping things as simple but efficient as possible with the fewest add in whether energy or components, and i think i lost track of that during my hydroton escapade. If im not making it easier for myself to grow and or better with very little extra input or changes then im heading the wrong direction.

13 Likes

I hear ya. I think I need to have a renewed focus on this myself.

7 Likes

Received my package today :wink: thanks again @Mr.Sparkle I’ll be germinating a few of the beans tonight. :v:

7 Likes

The purple is about to over run OverGrow @Mr.Sparkle

8 Likes

Maybe, might also all be duds that should be pulled.

Does have me feeling at little concerned, lol.

19 Likes

Poor Seymour lol…just wanted some nice buds

6 Likes

nice tidy setup bro, some nice bud grown in here good job

7 Likes

Just wanted to let you know that my Care Package came today :gift: in great condition. I am a bit overwhelmed by your generosity, as it is far more than I expected… ever… I thank you wholeheartedly and certainly do appreciate the opportunity to run and learn from these…

Pretty clever way of sending them, and as far as I can tell I found no damage whatsoever. I don’t want to clutter your thread with a bunch of pics, but I thought I would put a couple up.

Unwrapped and temporarily re-wrapped in foil until I can get some vials for them.

Hell, I even got a free stamp out of the deal… unless you were disguised as my mailman :laughing: I guess the machine missed this one…

Again, thank you for your generosity. You are laying the foundation for me to have a good opportunity to learn what autos are like. I see the potential in your grows…

Peace
DaFozz

p.s. The thermometers are already mounted and in service… :grinning:

12 Likes

Your welcome, and i figured why not give out enough to everyone that whether successes or failures it gives enough that people can have fun and not be afraid to kill a bunch and learn from them in the process, and hopefully provide some enjoyable plants and bud.

As for the stamp i do the same, if it’s not marked im reusing it. Also see your into the winekits :wink: made one of their beer and wine kits a good 4-5 years ago for fun.

13 Likes

It begins…

Day 0

7 more to follow in the next day or two and 5 seeds throwing tails in a bag and papertowel combo.

12 Likes

Do you use the same light cycle for your entire grow? I looked through thread but didn’t see it. Sorry if it’s a repeat Q

4 Likes

yes sir, i use a 18/6 cycle for no real specific reason, was what i ran for my veg spaces and just continued it on as it seemed like a balance.

13 Likes

Have to say I love your grows. The setups as well as the plants. I started reading a lot at AFN last year and found OG by searching where you went. Very inspiring stuff you do, thanks for sharing!

11 Likes

We have a spark!!

18 Likes

Yay Mr. Sparkle! My envelope came. I was worried as it was mangled, but there are no crumbled seeds in there! I haven’t dug into the spot where the actual seeds are hiding yet, but I’m pretty sure they are intact! Thanks a million! Very excited to pop some of these this summer!

7 Likes

tweezers work best for pulling the cotton plug, then you usually can shake out the entire row, and good to hear they made it this time

10 Likes

Thank You @Mr.Sparkle for the delightful pkg. My Auto tent will be open soon and then it’s on brother! Love and Gratitude

:cowboy_hat_face:

9 Likes

Day 1 ish

Got some more under some light now and another day before floor seeds seeds join them, also started two more seeds “easyd” just as back fillers just incase, also don’t have any of them already going so, could be a lose win situation,

Now something to bring up, and has to be the Dark Spark pheno of any of them, why oh why hahaha

This should be fun but It has some weirdos in those seeds, can now say this is gonna be something that will show up with them as a few have just started to see.

Three Cotyledons, think were at about 5-6 incidents with them, but ive seen two forms, first is these that show three cotyledons, now ive ripped a couple apart but have yet to grow them out to see, cause well changes and issues above lol, but it looks like they just show standard two leaf structure amongst the three cotyledons, now a guess is that if a third segment/stalk partition forms like a multipolate would, i think it more likely that a single shoot will form down low and try to become its own plant per say. Kinda like having a mutant conjoined twin thats just lumped on the side of a regular plant.

So they are being weirdos but hey get to see some oddities in the process. If this one develops that side shoot i’ll just be snipping it off and letting that plant continue on like a normal structured plant, if it goes that route.

The other form just to note ive seen is they display the three cotyledons, but also have a split tap root, again like they are conjoined, but these so far haven’t made it past germination due to the tap root issue.

:Shrug: This is gonna be interesting hahaha, definitely wasn’t planned. Oh well lets see what happens.

19 Likes