Dark Sparks with Mr.Sparkle : Growing 2019

@Mr.Sparkle Your kindness and passion to overgrow the earth is awesome to see man. Much Karma your way.

13 Likes

Day 5ish

They are growing… slow but my guess is due to my temps which are high 28-32c and my humidity is quite low 30ish%, so i can’t really turn up the exhaust fan and put on the circulation fans for added cooling as it just dries everything out quicker.

Once there is some vegetation going, my temps will drop and the humidity will rise from perspiration.

But just to see if raising the humidity will help them i threw some loose cling wrap “domes” which i gave a msiting onto a couple pots, i should see if there is a difference in the next day or two, and if so then i know what to do and modify for next time if i have similar conditions.

Also gave everything a watering yesterday evening

Left side

Right side

Easy domes lol

17 Likes

Do you think setting them on little saucers with rocks and water might help with your humidity?

6 Likes

I use a open container filled with water helps in my tent.

5 Likes

it would but like seedlingstarter said, pretty much any open container of water will help which is easier, but really its about surface area and how much can be evaporated or how quickly depending on whats needed.

Saying that though i haven’t tested any of that out to see if it would make a difference for myself with my setup and its airflow rate, something to look into on the weekend though.

8 Likes

Loving the color

14 Likes

I put an open container of water in front of my intake(s) to bump humidity. My thinking is the motion of the air over it helps it to evaporate a bit faster.

6 Likes

Looking purty

16 Likes

@PoppaPuff @toastyjakes soooo cool :smiley:

12 Likes

Day 7 Humidity is my guess on the slow down, but been playing with different variables today and seeing what is helping most.

15 Likes

What all are you trying for humidity?

4 Likes

Well so far tried open dishes of water with and without turning on circulations fans blowing at them, slowing/speeding up my exhaust rates, to spraying everything down with water periodically, and also making humidity domes with cling wrap and cut up bamboo skewers.

The cling wrap domes initially helped but then they went too far the other way in that they remained too humid even with airing them out occasionally. The open dishes of water had negligible difference for myself and my airflow rate. Could of done a small diy swamp cooler with some microfiber fabric and a tub of water with fan but that takes up some space and i just haven’t tried it yet, spraying worked but changes were short lived.

So far best has been making sure the pots have been thoroughly watered and kept on the wetter side, with my circulations fans off and my exhaust flow turned down causing the space temperatures to rise 26-28c but that helps with evaporation from the coco which i’ll just have to watch that i don’t get build up which is easy enough if i flush a bit of extra nutrient water through.

Next step if im serious if to get a small humidifier and hook/rig it up with some hoses so that i can have it external and deal with both sides.

But here’show they are looking today

And just to show an ATM “crinkle” mutant

Vs say a nice growing Green pheno seedling

11 Likes

I am sure you will get it dialed in… wonder if you could use ice… say a yogurt container or two frozen and as it melts it provides humidity and cools things… just taking a shot in the dark lol

Peace
DaFozz

9 Likes

Build yourself a fog machine for around 200.00 want it to rain in your room or feel like a tropical jungle this is the machine for you . I can increase humidity from 35%to 70%in under a hr and hold constantly at where ever I want it ,you literally can make it so humid you can’t see across the room if ya wanted with this set up ! Note to self buy a fog horn and get it installed!

13 Likes

Maybe plastic wrap with some small holes…best of both worlds. Either way they look happy to me!

7 Likes

Mine are growing slowly but typically my seedlings always grow slowly. Or I’m just very impatient, I’m not sure and can never figure it out. That thing to your left of the plant is why… hahaha :joy::joy:

12 Likes

@ShiskaberrySavior started looking at those types of setups after you mentioned and brought me back to the fogger units i was looking at years ago for setup up some cloning units i never did.

Anyways pulled the trigger on some small usb units to play with looked around and figured why not for a couple bucks and seeing some reviews on them cause heck if they can help raise things say 20-30% and i can fit them into my cabinets i’ll be happy.

Now just to wait for them to arrive.

11 Likes

Day 10 ish

Slow start but they are starting to pickup now, i expect to seen some definite changes over the next bit, as the more surface area they can grow the more light they can grab.

12 Likes

Definitely taking off now. Ultrasonic foggers would be perfect for raising humidity, I’m sure with your tech wizardry it wouldn’t be hard to automate them as well.

I should have thought of that, I used to use them for mycological purposes :mushroom:

8 Likes

may of ordered a couple more cycle timers specifically for that purpose :wink:

8 Likes