Dark Sparks with Mr.Sparkle : Growing 2019

Setting up the couch & popcorn to watch this show!

5 Likes

New watering setup, pretty much as basic as you can get with easily available parts.

I’ll let you figure it out by the picture as it shows everything, apart from my control side which will just be timer based.

26 Likes

Happy New Year Everyone

So yesterday made up some “pot” burritos lol

Just covered some pots/cups in aluminum foil with a little help of some super 77 spray glue. Which small tip spray the foil not the cut/pot, then you have the ability to over lap the foil without having to come back and spray edges.

The reason is those seedling were sprouting tails and needed to be transplated

So here is this morning, i plucked the seed shells off of them, needed no, but i was there.

So we can call this day one, obviously some things still need to be hooked up and finished up and reservoirs filled, but i can hand water for now.

Also the other side at day 32/19, will be making some colloidal silver today to hit those DD’s with which is a little late to do so in my preference, but should still get some pollen out of them

Also still have a couple more seeds to transplant so we ill have a extra pot or two filling the space.

22 Likes

Tight grow brother. :thumbsup:

Always a pleasure to stop by and see what you have up and running.

8 Likes

Did a quick press due to @ReikoX tempting me from his post last night.

Also fired up the “SU-PURR HI TECH” colloidal silver generator

28 Likes

Hey @Mr.Sparkle I can see your keeping everything thing very basic in the set up of the watering, how are you controlling this one with the pump timing??.

I’m sure there are going to be people who want to replicate your methods especially when you look at your results.

I’m certainly looking forward to seeing this cab setup in full production, keep up the great work.

Cheers Johnny

9 Likes

Oh shit. Now he’s using undiluted LITFA to power his home & spin the meter backward. Will you ever cease to amaze?! :laughing: bzzzzt!

:evergreen_tree:

20 Likes

Hahahahaa!!!

That’s awesome!

5 Likes

Will be either a standard THC15a timer or one of my arduino basic timers, there are some other premade options on ebay/amazon and such that i may acquire just because.

5 Likes

The other seedlings are above ground, so 9 out of 10, one just was slow at splitting its shell an even after helping it it was slow so i tossed it.

And actually hooked up the other side to watering and gave a light fill to their reservoirs, 8sec on 8 hr off timing right now on my attiny controller

22 Likes

Day 7 for the new seedlings which are doing decent, been hand watering them for this last week, so like twice coco being a little wet and being mixed in with some used stuff i had a little green algae start to form on the pots that weren’t drying out as quick, so moved things around on the weekend and just did a quick spritz of h2o2 tonight to knock that algae back.

The other side wont be staying around much longer but it will allows me to start anew with some hydroton to play with, just to add another variable i shouldn’t, but i did run out of coco so excuse or happen chance … lol

23 Likes

I think I speak for everyone when I say thank you for showing us all pictures of your box. I will look forward for more pictures and reading material and hope I dont stick all the pages together.

keep smiling.

10 Likes

Top notice as always sir. We could all do with some sparkle in our lives :+1:

2 Likes

Some more seeds found some water, but these will be sacrificed to the learning gods, and a dabble with hydroton

18 Likes

Love how your always experimenting with new stuff bro! :+1::seedling:

5 Likes

Its awesome!! I for one am indebted to those that are willing to experiment saving me time and money plus its cool to see the concoctions people come up with…learning never ends :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Will do to @oleskool830 for your post in the other thread and thanks for the compliments and kind words everyone i appreciate them.

Haven’t been playing much this week, due to life and work but got around to hooking this thing up and playing with it.

Cheapish prebuilt timer option for 5-36vdc options. Not needed in my case with my arduino circuits ive built, but wanted to test out some other option that people could easily pick up

So will be giving it a go.

And a couple more days on the seedlings.

18 Likes

Is an arduino easy to program to be a timer and conditional relay switcher? is it easy to plug in some stolen or borrowed code?

5 Likes

They are really easy to program if just basic timers or like you mention conditional relay switching, but where it starts to get more complicated is in what is that input that causes that conditional switch, or say real time switching with memory, and all the circuitry associated with them.

Ultimately its up to the user how complex or simple them make them.

Like for example my current watering timers have only about 7 lines of code and by lines i mean a couple of words and variables, very basic. But saying that i don’t have memory functions or input functions for that like i use to in the past. But they are designed in a certain way where i have a power bypass push button, which just acts as a manual watering button which avoids the need for an input for the arduino to do that, and the code is designed in a way that it waters first then goes into a wait loop, so say in a situation such as a power loss, once the power comes back on it waters right away instead of say waiting 12+hrs, so i err on the side that they with get more watered than less, cause a power outage could be a bump to days.

But comparison wise say vs the timer above, my little attiny85 circuits with bypass button maybe cost me $2-3 dollars to make, the timer above which doesn’t have a bypass button “which could be added” are about $3.50 on the slow boat from china, and $7-10 if getting within North America for myself. So really comes down to what you need or want, as there are alot more options available now compared to when i started going down the arduino route for control.

10 Likes

Thanks for the detailed reply @Mr.Sparkle the reason I ask is because my system really does warrant a timer that can be switched by the second instead of minute increments but I know I wouldnt stop there if there were stuff to be fiddled with.

I will check out banggood.com and my local electronics shop and see what direction I will go.

Keep smiling.

4 Likes