Dark Sparks with Mr.Sparkle : Growing 2019

Those purple stems are gorgeous!

And the buds too obviously :sunglasses:

1 Like

Good morning Professor @Mr.Sparkle! I’m looking for the “green pheno” you suggested I replace the little mutant with I don’t find anything marked green pheno in what you sent. Maybe it’s marked as something else? …

:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

It’s marked as Da Green

4 Likes

Meesh is correct it’s the “da green” pheno I’ve shorten it, so far though it seems the most vigorous and stable, but I expect it to be a longer varietal as in 65+ maybe 70

6 Likes

Thanks my friends. I’ll be popping 4 immediately! All love and respect…

3 Likes

Day 35

Was away all weekend so nothing had been touched, but i just folded over a couple tops on a couple plants as say the back left plant on the left side tried bolting past the light, its turning into one of the lanky phenos.

Should be my last minor adjustment after this and i’ll just be raising my lights as they continue. Also some leaves are starting to show some issues, but my pH is on the higher side currently so i’ll be giving the reservoirs a swap out shortly.

18 Likes

Looking real good in there now man, I found something that reminded me of your grow an I had to share :rofl:

12 Likes

Day 36

Well i lied, ended up doing a big defoliation last night anyways. Also my reservoirs were high 1100-1650+ppm so probably cause for the spotting issues, so feed water was dropped to 900ppm.

Today i was trying to grab a shot of the broom like green pheno i had, and accidentally broke one stem partially off the main, saying that it probably would’ve carried on but i took it as a sign as one i’ve been itching and contemplating what to chop so i can start some seeds just for planning purposes, and two if it was gonna be any plany might as well be the broom which was the biggest hassle anyways.

So oh well but win win, so ended up dunking some older TDC seeds tonight, plan is to get pollen off them if they are stable and good running plants.

How the side look now, with one plant moved over to the left side and all those plants kinda shuffling counterclockwise except the one near the fan.

Also a shot of the broom like plant after i broke one of the stems, looks can be deceiving but if it was still somewhat straight you would see why.

20 Likes

I love u for posting that. I’m a cat man lol

What can I say…your setup is always super clean. Quality before quantity any day. I know a shaman when I see one. Continue to grow on sir. What a pleasure. Your training techniques are fin awesome. -J
I need some dark sparks. You got a link for your stuff?

2 Likes

Just reminded me of his flood tube, I also thought of using it as a flood and drain myself as it would probably do the job just more expensive than buying a pump and some tubes and stuff.

Can tell how much training you’ve done with those 4 @Mr.Sparkle those trunks are looking dense as fook. I liiiiike it💯

1 Like

Realistically for short as his plants are he has some fat ass buds on them I just want to know how to achieve that effect. I’m want nice short compact foxtails

1 Like

True dat! Well said brother.

2 Likes

I like your style lol. Thnx bro.

2 Likes

I give them out freely to anyone who asks and fits my personal check list which is damn basic and is as follows.

Has asked, shown interest, or followed along in my threads ? Check
Has a grow journal ? Check
Is a forum regular ? Check
and has an avatar ? Check which to me indicates that they may have actually put a little time into the forums.

Like i said its very basic, and just weeds out the people just looking for free seeds.

Check your pm’s :wink:

19 Likes

Day 39

Moving along, shuffled things again to kinda match pheno wise, really there is a couple pheno groups that run amongst all the plants that im all most willing to just mix the seed i have left, or at least the ones i’ll give out and let those who get them find and select.

The winning pheno in my mind is the shorter dark purple pheno just looks and builds better, there is a taller lankier one that is less purple see the back two plants on the right side cab but i don’t think they are as nice, and the green phenos kinda range the gamut structure wise, but there still seems to be that lanky broom pheno in the mix.

So if you already have seeds id say mix them all and just run ass normal and select the nice ones as they come up, well apart from the ATM’s which should be tossed or used as burners for trying other stuff being high % mutant bastards, but yeah.

Time for me to go back and get some other seed going for pollen, just gonna pick the plants i like best.

Couple of backdrop shots

The shorter dark purple pheno

This one from a fuzz

and this one from a DarkSpark

And a stubber green pheno

still a good 3+ weeks left

oh and that broom plant i chopped to make space, made from rosin from it, can see even though way early still works :wink:

28 Likes

Things are looking pretty damn fine…to me anyways…:+1:

Just put 4 more of your seeds to soil today. 1 of Easy D, 1 of Da Green, and 2 more of The Fuzz. All four germed and sprouted within ~30 hours, just going with bigger containers this time around, and was initially thinking of running one or both of The Fuzz outdoors to see if they would fare any better.

I know my single grow of your seeds is not the greatest indication of results, but myself I was pretty impressed with the structure of the three that were not folded and was my main reason for wanting to see them grow without being trained etc… and having 4 ft of vertical space.

I sure hope they smoke/taste as good as they smell… nice citrus smell is the best I can describe it, and it smells better and sweeter the longer you inhale the scent it seems… :clap:

Peace
DaFozz

7 Likes

Yeah would be interesting to see, only thing i keep advising is if a crinkle or witch finger like mutant pops up is to cull it and start some more, and just select the best.

and yeah those fuzz’s of yours just ended up on the lankier side of the phenos, with one being a weaker plant “witch finger” but nothing we can do about that. At least until i make a new/different batch of seeds.

8 Likes

Certainly no worries on my part… even though The Fuzz’s and “Toots” didn’t develop or turn out the greatest so far, it was worth the time and effort to see it first hand, and gain experience. Hell, I have absolutely “zero” fear of flopping a plant now, as long as I am patient and careful enough. And I think I am “over” the feelings of guilt of culling plants now, and will be more willing to yank weaker/mutant ones…

You gave me more than enough seeds to play with, so there are plenty of stand-ins waiting in line… Damn, I hope you haven’t ruined me for photos now…lol. These are fun to watch…

Peace
DaFozz

8 Likes

Good stuff Mr. Sparkle, love your unique grow style.

3 Likes