So maybe should of updated sooner.
A bunch of stuff has happened where to start. First pretty much after the photos above, i wanted to check on the seedling in hydroton as they looked off, well yeah they dampened off from too much water, so sacrifice to the learning gods.
That new prebuilt timer i was wrong about, it can actually go from 0.1secs all the way up to 999minutes, you just have to change the time format while setting both the on and off event times, "Chinglish cryptic instructions" but have it figured out now and currently running 8sec on 2.5hrs off as ive been testing the hydroton.
Also stumbled across some new square containers which are a tab bigger volume wise but shorter, so the hydroton got them for now. As for testing with the cycle above at 2.5hrs in hydroton is damp 1/3rd the way down and slightly wet on the bottom 1/3rd, so i will give this a go as the starting point for direct to hydroton planting.
The new megacrop arrived, which i wasn't expecting as soon as it did, was typically a couple weeks before coming to Canada but they are using amazon as warehouse point up here and it came like within a day, but missed it so had to go pick it up at a shipping facility which i put off for 4 days, thinking it was just some filter foam i ordered on amazon.
Dissolves easier, but has bigger white chunks of something so consistency of the mix at lower water mix levels is a concern, but we will give it a go, still expect the skum/sediment issue but we will see. Mixed up one res at 900ppm to run on.
new on the left old on the right, i just decant off into smaller jars for my daily use instead of going into the bag consistently where you can introduce more and more moisture.
As for the plants, moved some of them around, and they had a few hiccups through the week, from under watering from me forgetting to turn the timers on, to over watering because the timers were watering too much for the plants. So shit happens. Only looking to be one mutantish looking one in the group, back left of the right chamber.
The ones in the left chamber are currently the ones being sprayed with CS, but they just got moved over there today and were in the other side.
As for the hydroton seedlings, they are new ones, just put in there today, except for the front left that was the coco seedling in the previous pics, i just plucked it and rinsed off as much coco as possible and threw it into the hydroton, wasn't my intention but get to see how that works out as also one of the new seeds i started for this second trial run didn't pop so just fills the space and allows it to be on a similar watering schedule vs the large plants.