Daytripr's misadventures in dwc

Stuck inside with days off because of a hurricane I got bored and did some work to the clone/veg/mom chamber. Added another box identical to that i already had except for the lights. Using 4 foot led shop lights. They are 5000k 45w says replaces 250w but ok got 2 off those and did some mini res boxes to house moms in.

4 Likes

Well 2 weeks from when i cracked the seeds first sbr x gost toof

Here are the Alaska purple x sbr you can guess which one still isn’t showing roots out of the net pot yet. Better get a move on because next res change the level drops.

5 Likes

Sorry I’ve been slacking on the updates buy working 84 hrs a week on nights is getting to this old guy lol update time now tho. So today was res change day so I took some pics along the way.
First off the bubba kush clones, why are they all looking to be flowering even tho they are under 18/6 and nothing else in that space is doing this.

We have roots! Will be putting them in one gallon bubblers to veg until autos are done
My lone blue dream that survived the miting lol
These are the mazar bubba and gorilla glue tags are visible in the pics
The big girl in back is another mazar that’s about to get cut up for clones since I’ve got autos in the tent, speaking of which here they are sbr x alaskan purple 2
Here are the gohst toof x sbr

I screwed up and topped them before I read you’re not supposed to. Oops! they got the lights turned up to the full 1000w and feed increased to 1400 ppm. Let’s see how they like that because the leaves were still kind of yellowish at 900

8 Likes

Everything looks green and healthy. The room looks nice and clean too. :+1::seedling:

3 Likes

Thanks reiko. Hope I didn’t stunt them by topping them. Forgot to mention nutes are general hydro flora series 3 part with armorsi and calmagic added.

1 Like

Well checked ph today and pulled one of my net pots and noticed my roots were Browning and had some slime on them. What is the the amount of pool shock to add per gallon to kill this crap lol nothingin my other resivoir just one

Took a few pics of the autos tonight. These things are stocky little buggers. Akp x sbr in front and gt2 x sbr in back.

Hey @ReikoX at about what week do these start to flower? Already showing preflowers just wondering when I should change the nutes over. This coming Monday will be 5 weeks (35 days) from seed. I’ve read it’s not good to cut on them but would it hurt them to trim the Godzilla fan leaves lol
Some of the biggest fan leaves I’ve had for sure lol one broke off while putting some ties on to open a few up.

6 Likes

Well time for another update. If I ever get off this night shift I’ll post more updates but for now when i remember pics I’ll post up. First are the autos looks like they are starting to flower at 5 weeks. Probably should have went to bloom nutes but already had transition nutes mixed so that’s what they will eat this week.

Here are the clones and moms, I’ve got to find a way to keep these moms from getting so big. Probably should have put them in soil
Got to get some beans cracked that @Trich_house sent me so they will be ready to go after the autos and the clones in the cab. Should give me enough time to get them cracked vegged and sexed.

4 Likes

I usually switch to flowering nutrients after the buds are about dime sized.

2 Likes

Good then I have a bit before I need to swap them over. They are some stout little buggers lol I need to make the time to tie themback again to open them up some but working 7 days a week 12 hrs a day leaves little time for anything

Hey @ReikoX is it ok to trim fan leaves on autos? Never grown them before and you seem to be the resident auto guy lol

1 Like

I’m not @RiekoX but I wouldn’t, you wanna cause them the least amount of stress as possible.
If they are sharing bud sites, try and tuck them outta the way instead.

2 Likes

Autos seem to be most sensitive to stress when still in a vegetative state. Once they start flowering, leaf removal and training have less impact on them. I, personally, never remove healthy leaves regardless of whether they are autos or photoperiod. @Mr.Sparkle has removed leaves as a method of keeping a plant small in small spaces with great success.

5 Likes

These autos have went crazy getting their stretch on. Looks like on my day off its time for some tying and training as well as a res change to bloom nutes

My mom box is getting over grown. May have to cut clones of them and chop them because I’ve already got my next batch ready to go with one of my bubba kush and 2 different mazar. At least I’ll be able to drop one mazar after this.

10 Likes

Hey @Daytripr69, was just curious, do you have any issues with algae or anything having the holes open on those DWC?

1 Like

That pic the covers are off, but no no algae in them.

3 Likes

Ugg i shouldn’t have been lazy and replaced my yoyo on my light so i could have lowered it to maybe prevent some of this stretch. Gonna have to start flopping tops soon. Plants are almost 4 feet tall lol

On a good note buds popping up everywhere, now let’s see how big they get or do they reach the light first

6 Likes

Update time. I may have to start trimming someleaves off the autos. Trying not to cut on them to stall them but omg they are going crazy.

Looking like I’m going to have to take cuts of my moms and mulch the rest as the mommy cab is getting gnarly as well
Think i started to many and accepted to many cuts. I’m there i have blue dream, 2 bubba kush and 2 mazar that I’ve got to decide which is the keeper and one gorilla glue and 2 more that are in another box. Got some beans from @Trich_house that I need to run and log as promised so I’m thinking as soon as the autos are done I’m running one bubba kush and both mazars while the beans from trich sprout and veg. Then I’ll have even more moms to deal with lol. It’s a sickness I tell you.

6 Likes

Im sorry I missed this thread until now! Im growing the same Ghost Toof2 x SBR you are. Your babies are only maybe 3 days older than mine, but they are huge and mine are tiny. Well done!!

2 Likes

Pack the nutes to em they like it. Just after showing roots from the net pot i was giving them 900ppm of the gh flora series following their feed chart with armorsi calmagic floralitious plus diamond and flora nectar. Thinking about dropping the additives to see how it does. They are now feeding on 1400ppm of gh flora mircro, flora bloom, liquid koolbloom with armor si and cal magic with 1 ml per gal of floralitious plus and floranectar. The one runt is still half the size of the rest it was always slow even to pop a tail as a seed lol

2 Likes