Over it. Thanks for your help to those who provided useful info. Stay lifted!

When it comes to reviews on any Products , it should be based on the posters personal experience.
Use a product during your grow, then write a review and give the pros and cons of the product being used in your own experiences.

4 Likes

That is the funniest thing I have seen in a week! Thank you MicroDoser, I needed that ! XD

I will send you my day 16 flower update that I just posted via PM. Aside for the end credits, could you please let me know your thoughts as I use my own voice, but feel it sounds TERRIBLE XD.

Appreciate you!

2 Likes

It’s a good video, and nothing wrong with your voice.
You just need to get used to listening to it, it don’t sound terrible to the viewer.
1000x better then the computer voice!

1 Like

Thank you friend! Another silly question, but I really would like your input.

How do you feel about scripts? I notice that some YT’ers write out the content and read it over the video. To me, it seems to make for more fluidity, but also sounds a bit “sales pitchy”, thoughts?

1 Like

Could you please edit your thread title? I don’t see any false accusations, just other points of view. If yo ask for help or advice from this community first thing would be to show some respect with those that may think different, cheers … :sunglasses:

9 Likes

In our world today a lot of people Get paid by the click. Even if you are not attempting any sales stuff it might seem to some that you are trying to use likes and clicks as a way to make $$

Now personally I have no issues with someone making a buck using clicks, that’s how I earn a living.

That’s probably where the negative comes from, even though you are not trying to sell, just doing something you love. You do you. As long as you aren’t being a dick or hurting someone nobody should have an issue with what you are doing.

4 Likes

Hmm thats a good question

Scrips can be good, but again depends on what your making.

Personal I don’t use scrips, but I might write down topics.
But again my videos are hard to scrips, as I record events and edit it into X minutes.
I wing everything I say, I do a bit of retakes. If it’s possible, if it’s instructions it’s easy.
If it’s a live event, it’s a bit harder.

So your daily videos, maybe write down if there is something you wanna remember to mention.
Besides that just wing it, and just be you. Don’t be over excited, at least not too often. Sure if your jacked about something, let it show, but often I find many youtubes become repetitive about how amaznig something is.

Planing is important, even tho I don’t use a scrips. I have a plan for what I wanna do, some might turn in a different direction. And a plan for the whole channel and videos, what is it I wanna make for films. Some a pure entertaining, others are heavy instruction videos. But all of them, contain something of me that I try to pass on to the viewer.

Also important, ask yourself. Why should the viewer watch your video?
Is there 20 good videos on the topic already, if so ask your self can I make one that is as good as the best of them. As well as bringin in a personal twist, as that’s very important to set you apart from the rest.

If you got original ideas, for helpfull videos. Thats a good reason, for people to watch it and keep watching.

I don’t see a well scripted video as salesy as per se, I listen more for choice of words/lingo and tempo.

1 Like

Hi George, the false accusations were for a post which was already taken down. The topic was picked because I was falsely accused in the removed post. Do you have any suggestions as to an alternative topic title which would encompass this?

I am all ears and willing to make change if I have the right guidance.

Thank you.

Thank you and much love! My biggest issue is always trying to make everyone happy. Trying to find that middle ground, but I guess part of being an adult is the realization that no matter what you do, some people are just going to hate. and sometime for hate’s sake. I would be happy to upload the entire video directly to this site, but thought that I could help save space on OG’s servers and also help more people by posting on Youtube.

thanks again George1961,

Stay Lifted!

1 Like

Falsely Accused, in some minds, might lead to possible legal implications…

Along the same lines of Slander…

Food for thought if you wish to carry on an on-line presence…

But then again, what do I know… I have no experience in the legal system, but according to the Crown Attorney of Ontario I am capable of defending an individual, whom I have never met, of Sexual Assault… Go figure…lol

Peace
DaFozz

2 Likes

Understood buddy, this is why I don’t point any individual(s) out! To be honest, my post was taken down before I got home from work and was able to respond to the replies. Go figure…

Sorry to hear about your S.A. case from someone you didn’t even know. What is the world coming to? CRAZY people out there.

I’m more sorry for the guy who had no representation in court because of an “error” on the Crown’s part… I wasn’t going to waste a day (10 hours of travel), cost, and foolishness although I should have just for the simple sake of showing and exposing the incompetence of what Canadians take for granted as a given “right”

You have obviously missed the point though as the title still remains the same…

Good Luck in whatever venture you choose then…

Peace
DaFozz

1 Like

Well, due to my rank in the community I could have edited myself that title, but I didn’t. I thought it was better giving you a chance to do it. First off “accusations from the community” or “from one member of the community”? I read all the posts in that thread and never saw something offensive. If someone thinks it may be spam and you’re someone just looking for likes and clicks, he has perfect right to think so.

We don’t know you enough to find out what your real intentions are. I can tease and pull their leg to many members of this community, but they know my appreciation towards them goes first and would never feel offended for whatever I say because they know who I am.

Accusing the whole community and bringing quarrel about a single post that has already been deleted is not a good way to be accepted as a valuable member. If someone feels “offended” by any post, the right move is to flag it and the staff will see if it is really offensive or not and will take the appropriate measures.

You can ask for advice on how to make your videos look less commercial or any other help, just positive thinking and avoiding discussions would help if you really want to belong to this community … :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thank you George1961. I am grateful for your input. The title has been changed. Hope that it is acceptable to all.

1 Like

If it’s an honest opinion you are after then:

I started reading one of your posts and it looked like you were trying to sell something so i stopped and backed out of the thread, when seeing your OG handle it seemed to me that you were a hydro grow shop owner or sumsuch and I wondered if you were paying OG for the privilege of advertising.

After that i never clicked on anything of yours again till now.

11 Likes

I have to say you come across as very disrespectful with things like showing in the quotes above. You do not name anyone, but you are effectively calling people liars, unreasonable and haters. Yet you fail to back up those accusations with facts. Nobody (as far as I have seen) has expressed any form of hate against you.

Taking part in that topic were myself, @George, @Calyxander and (I think) @Explorer. I made the “accusations”, as explained above. I still don’t see what was false about it. You have not addressed any of the points I mentioned in my reply by the way.

5 Likes

Personally I think unboxing videos are about the lowest form of online content. Who cares about the bubble-wrap or polystyrene something comes in? People care about how well it works in use/added benefits it brings.

If you’re going to review products, my preference would be for zero unboxing (you’re just filling time with that crap), and plenty of your own thoughts and feelings about the product based on your first hand experience with it.

If I wrote a review of a movie I’d never seen, I certainly wouldn’t expect anybody to take me seriously, nor to rush to the cinema off the back of it.

Tx

6 Likes

Oh, and as far as the audio goes, what’s wrong with the sound of your voice at the beginning and end of that video? If that’s the camera mic, just use that.

Film your review even if you don’t intend on using the footage, then just strip the audio channels from the video in post.

Tx

P.S. hope the bold text in the last post didn’t come off as passive aggressive or anything. Just trying to stress the important bits

2 Likes

Well I just woke up so maybe this got me triggered but tbh if you(@thegrowtentguy) felt falsely accused by the community then don’t post asking for peoples honest opinions and criticism that you can’t take.

I’m with @allotment on the subject you post content that seems very copy and paste which seems like you’re selling it I’ve not ventured onto your website as I don’t care enough but if there are links through to amazon to buy these then you’re earning from it as an amazon affiliate we’re not fucking stupid :rofl:

The reason you haven’t just fit into the community is as mentioned you haven’t made a thread other than to post about this product and that product it’s just yeh I made a video let me know what you think and when they do your next video is the same. I think @ReikoX hit the nail on the head way up which was that he enjoys seeing garden updates which is the same for me if you just had a grow journal and was like yeh I’m using this light this media and these nutes day whatever and then continued to post then that’s a product review in itself no need for websites and sales pitch bullshit and links.

7 Likes

I only read the bit that said. “I’m looking at doing reviews for you guys here on LED lighting. Your hps recently died so you’re considering making the switch” so basically you’re saying you want views on YouTube punting other people’s shit. That you in all reality. Know fuckall about.

And you wonder why you got a a bad reception. Earn your stripes before you centre field R kid. You look a tool right now

6 Likes