Deepchunk 2022

Well I’ve been chasing stock for awhile and finally scored a grip once removed from a Tom Hill pack.
After getting Tom’s blessing I figure we’re all set so let’s go!

Topped em yesterday so they are a little angry! Stress response kicked in and that will stiffen them up and make transplant easier…

135 Likes

I’ll be watching :eyes: I’ve got some Deep Chunk beans myself.

15 Likes

right on @Tonygreen , will be eagerly anticipating this one!!

7 Likes

Hell yeah mate :ok_hand: bookmarked! This is one strain I’m really interested in , best of luck with the grow brother :v:

8 Likes

Wow! Look at those leaflets! They look like a raspberry bramble or something! Fattest I’ve ever seen on plants that young. Deep chunk is a pure Affie that Tom Hill worked for a long time, right? Wow, best of luck with this grow, man! I’ll checking back to see the show with these and how they mature. Hope you gets some beans out of this run! Just those leaflets alone make it clear this is a strain and a set of unique traits worth preserving.

20 Likes

Attempted some deep chunk way back but had dud seeds or issues with them, always was one on the bucket list.

10 Likes

Oh!! Been looking for deep chunk myself. Love the look of those leaves. I’ll follow along.

2 Likes

Verdantgreen came through! Theyre pretty mad from topping but starting to shoot.

I’m tempted to hit them with some ga3.

They are notoriously slow and stubborn. Might increase my cut chances…

15 Likes

This is gonna be a good one. Fingers crossed they bounce back fast and find their way into their new containers safely :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Greetings Tony,

If you do decide to give them a shot of Gibberelic Acid consider ramping down the concentration. I’ve used 100 ppm to crack some really old seeds, but the same dose burned the leaves of a three week old seedling. If I try to stimulate new plants again I’ll start at 10 ppm and work up from there.

Cheers,
-Grouchy

14 Likes

I’ll pull up a chair and take some notes! :+1:

@gratefulned is right, those are impressive leaves …

Cheers
G

8 Likes

definitely here for the Chunk show!

strawberries were my first thought! :strawberry:

10 Likes

I have 2 females 2 weeks into flowering it be nice to compare

2 Likes

Settled in for the show

1 Like

Very nice project! I’ll be subbed!!

1 Like

definitely watching this one! every breeder ive ever heard speak on podcasts or whatever speaks highly of the deep chunk, either as a breeding tool or a teaching tool, stoked to see what its all about. good luck @Tonygreen

14 Likes

mmmh, deep chunk … i love that one :slight_smile:
enjoy the work and smoke, tony. best vibes !!

7 Likes

Here for the show heard good things about deep chunk never had the pleasure of growing it.

4 Likes

Big time :eyes: on this!
Would love to get my hands on some pure Deep Chunk some day. Hope it goes well!

5 Likes

I’ve got a cross with monkeyballs in it. Pulling up for this grow

3 Likes