DHG organic adventures 2022

Hey everyone decided to make my first grow journal I grow using organic methods been hooked on it since I started back up a year ago excited to share this journey with you all currently in my 4x4 got going 2 Colin og rbx and 2 super hero pre release from ethos genetics threw my shoulder out a few days and got behind but will also be popping some old soul and strawberry temple tonight going to be also trying a few outdoor this year got 60 gallons of soil cooking as we speak

33 Likes

Latest picture is day 37 of flower hlg 600r homemade soil blend of a modified coots mix

3 Likes

Looking great!

What was in that handsome cover crop from the first photos?

3 Likes

its buildasoils 12 blend cover crop i used it the past 2 runs in the pots works great as a living mulch going to be trying out dichondra next round though

4 Likes

I wouldn’t mess with the dichondra, it’s very aggressive and will choke out smaller plants easily. I’m sort of regretting it at the moment. Though it sure looks pretty. :rofl:

6 Likes

Nice big pots! :+1:

What’s the purpose of the plastic wrap around the pots?

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Watching this for sure, love me some organics!
And excited to see how your ST’s come out, harvested mine not too long ago, still curing a bit but super stoked on the smoke!
Good vibes comin your way!

3 Likes

Its an easy way to turn a “smart pot” into a “living soil pot” for more water retention. Pots like the grassroots living soil pots have a strip of moisture barrier material in center of them to help with this and still allow drainage and oxygen below the barrier.

10 Likes

Ummmm holy canopy!! Gorgeous!! I’m running ethos as well for my first grow!

How many weeks of veg?

2 Likes

I’m running a couple Grassroots right now (5 gallon) to test them out.
I like the results, a nice incremental improvement over regular fabric pots.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Spot on living in az my pots around the edges dry out too quick the wrap helps prevent that figured it would help and certainly has

2 Likes

For sure going to be trying out the grassroots seen some great results with those and honor bags sometime soon going to upgrade the tent to a 3x3 bed

2 Likes

These were flipped after 46 days of veg

2 Likes

Very nice, great strains, great looking grow!

2 Likes

Grew out the Colin’s og last run turned out great got 2 phenos one is a sweet berry gas and the other a piney floral and earthy

enjoyed his stuff so far but excited to get these bodhi seeds popped for next run

17 Likes

Wow! Is that since sprout??

What training are you doing on them?

1 Like

Just topped these girls once and started lst early they pretty much grew themselves ended up catching Covid right before I was about to flip them to flower and that put me back little over a week was going to flip them a week sooner was almost worried was going to outgrow the tent really maxed it out compared to last time but so far so good :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Looks outstanding! I am a HUGE Bodhi fan myself! One of the best out there but now you really got me wanting to try some Colin OG

1 Like

It’s a solid plant takes to topping and training well both phenos about doubled during stretching period(same with my current 2 phenos)it’s a grateful dawgirie deadhead og cut x (grateful dawg x the white) the berry gas pheno is for sure more of a nighttime smoke and gives me the munchies something fierce the pine pheno is more of a daytime smoke it’s kind of uplifting for about an hour then gets a bit more couch lock both have real nice complex Terp profiles enjoyed it decided to run it for my current run again

4 Likes

Ya it’s been an Ethos mainstay for a while and an exceptional breeding tool I’ve been told. May have to grab a pack for myself now. We actually have an ultimate OG project planned for next year, just trying to find the 5-6 best of the best. We have 3 so far.

4 Likes