Dhg organic adventures 2024

What’s up og started a thread awhile back but kinda fell off logging with the new year and lots of projects coming up figured now is better then ever to get back to logging my grow

Currently in the 4x4 tent trying some different things getting ready to flip to flower tomorrow

Back left digital genetics black dog s1 got sent packs from @VAhomegrown and @pharmerfil

Front left we got garlic fusion(terple x garlic sherbert) from in House genetics

Back right csi humboldt fire purps(mendo purps x fire og)

From @OrganicGorilla
Front right csi humboldt g-1000(gg4 x t-1000)
From @OrganicGorilla
All in 20 gallons 8th cycle pots hlg 600r for lighting will update outdoor and some other things I have going as I have time

As always much love good vibes and happy growing :v::sunny::seedling::heart:

29 Likes

@DesertHeartGardens Great looking setup, so in those 20s do you repot the whole thing every time or you just pull out root ball and plant again? Amend at that time or? :pray:t3:

5 Likes

Oh hell yeah. Are those 20 Gal?

Question answered! I’ll just tuck myself in right here. What is your soil mix? :purple_heart:

1 Like

I leave the root intact just chop at base and plant next too i amend a few times per cycle once at transplant then again at flip and then again 4 weeks into flower

4 Likes

Yes 20 gallons @DirtySlowToes
I do a modified coots mix my recipe:
50 percent peat moss
30 percent airation (I use pumice and rice hulls but lava rock can be a good substitute)
20 percent quality compost I use ewc from my worm bin
Amendments -
Fishbone meal 1/2 cup per cubic foot
Crab meal 1/2 cup per cubic foot
Kelp meal 1/2 cup per cubic foot
Cal pho 1/2 cup per cubic foot applied once per run
Neem seed meal 1/2 cup per cubic foot applied once at beginning of cycle
Green sand 1/2 cup per cubic foot
Insect frass (meal worm 1/2 cup per cubic foot )
Alfalfa meal 1/4 -1/2 per cubic foot
Bokashi 1/4 cup per cubic foot
Malted barley (1/4 cup per cubic foot)
Organic oats ( 1/4 cup per cubic foot)
Langbenite 1-2 tsb per cubic foot
Oyster shell flour 1/2 cup per cubic foot
Seabird guano 1/2 cup per cubic foot
Fishbone meal 1/2 cup per cubic foot
Minerals -
basalt 1 cup per cubic foot
Glacial rock dust 1cup per cubic foot
Gypsum 1/2 cup per cubic foot

Occasional feeds-
Fresh aloe
Coconut powder
Sst (mungbean or corn or malted barley)
Fulvic acid (bio ag)
AACT (fungal or veg based during cycle)
Compost( Thermo/mushroom/ewc)
Fish hydrolysate
Canna fpe
And because I’ve been lazy the last round I’ve bought bas craft blend vs making my own blend to give it a try for comparison

Currently working on adding some knf style imputs into my grow always trying to learn and expand my knowledge on growing these lovely plants

21 Likes

If you could’ve heard the sex noises I just made…

Dude keep on killing it. Knf/jadam type stuff is wildly fun and I’d love to move that way in the long term. Can be tough to store some things and tough to make small enough amounts of others but I’ll go 100% one day soon. Absolutely love the long list though

3 Likes

Got some fun clones in from some friends

Pinesoul f2 bodhi breeder cut

sunshine daydream f1 friend keeper cut

Santa Cruz blue dream cut

Taking some clones for next round of this doc d Tahoe og x thunder gun express mom

Also got a bodhi pagoda project going that I’m logging here for those that might be interested

15 Likes

@DesertHeartGardens pulling up a chair my friend! Its nice to see other organic growers! I see @DirtySlowToes found his way in here already so ill go sit with him. Ill be taking notes and asking questions mostly lol​:chair: :memo: :raising_hand_man:t2::question::+1:t2:

4 Likes

Glad to have you along for the adventure glad to answer any questions you might have much love :v: @seeds2weeds

3 Likes

Thanks for the info, couple more questions. Do you put 1 plant per 20g or multi and how do you tame them? with 20g of soil I can imagine they can get unruly. Supercrop and topping?

3 Likes

I’ve only done 1 plant per 20 I’ve toyed with the idea of doing 2-3 clones of one plant per pot but have yet to do that. I use lots of training of all different methods have become pretty decent at canopy control I use bamboo stakes and plant training wire to lst and tie them down I do tend to top too but mainly to slow one down so others can catch up I find lst has the same effect without stressing or setting them back after a few weeks into flower I throw a net for support and to be able to tuck long branches etc will do super cropping as needed too @DEFSeeds

6 Likes

day 7 of flower for the ladies starting to put some legs on starting some light defol going to clean up the bottoms here in a few days and get things neat for when I put the net on

Black dog s1 (blackberry kush x emerald headband) -

Garlic fusion(terple x garlic sherbert) -

G-1000(gg4 x t-1000) -

Fire purps(fire og x mendo purps) -

Starting up a fungal dominant tea for the ladies for the next watering hope everyone is having a wonderful week much love and happy growing :v::heart::crossed_fingers::seedling:

9 Likes

Well got some horrible news, last night when doing some inspection found the g-1000 from csi to be a full on herm just lost about 25 percent of my yield 🥲 image

Thankfully I found it early only 1 week since flip so it didn’t pollinate anything but I did give her the chop and in her place put my Tahoe og x thunder gun express mom in her place should only run a week or 2 longer then the others wasn’t able to give her a proper veg in the 20s but if she’s worth running again will do up a proper run of her

Hope everyone has a amazing weekend and holidays for those who celebrate as always much love good vibes and happy growing :v::heart::seedling::sunny:

6 Likes

Happy new year og fam been a few days since my last update today marks day 18 flower of the tent

and day 11 on the Tahoe x tge

Black dog s1

Garlic fusion

Starting to throw some color
Fire purps
starting to purple up some monster of the tent

Tahoe og x thunder gun express

Much love and happy growing :v::seedling::sunny::heart:

9 Likes

Hey bro. What other uses do meal worms have in our gardens?
I know they produce insect frass but what about compost like earth worms?

1 Like

To produce insect frass, they would have to be insects. No legs➡️not an insect😁
Meal worms produce castings but the names are interchangeable…some folks call it mealworm frass.
So frass=castings=poop

3 Likes

This they do have some good use in the garden I collect the dead beetles for the chitin and do feed them some canna leaves from time to time but the frass is where it’s at even helps with pm control as it gives the plant a sar response that makes it Strengthen it’s natural defenses thinking the plant is under attack

4 Likes

An alternate fun fact is that earthworm castings actually contain an enzyme called chitinase that dissolves chitins! So worm castings are a natural pesticide for chitin-comprised (those with an exoskeleton) bugs!

5 Likes

Thanks for the info guys! I got 2 lizards im constantly buying meal worms for so i figured i should look into creating a small meal worm farm and the garden could possibly benefit from it as well. Gotta do some more homework on this tomorrow night thanks again @DesertHeartGardens & @HeadyBearAdventures !

3 Likes

Our birds love them for a treat in the feeders.

6 Likes