DIY humidy for tent

Anyone got simple DIY humidity tricks to keep around 60%? Without a humidifier.

3 Likes

Perhaps a swamp cooler? They work well in dryer conditions.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Ac infinity has a nice humidifier for 50 bones. However I’ve seen folks put a bucket of water in the tent with a wet towel dipped in the water to wick and draped over a frame in the bucket. Put a circulation fan behind this setup and it should raise tent rh

4 Likes

My low humidity issues only lasted about 2 weeks when I started seeds, but me being me I wanted to address it.

I hung a towel with some 5mm tubing cable tied into a gathering I’d made to shape and hold the towel (kite shaped) I put a 5mm tap on the tubing then siphoned water from a bottle outside the area into the towel, using the tap to deliver just enough to keep it wet with fan blowing on it, basically a drip system.

3 Likes

https://overgrow.com/uploads/default/original/4X/9/3/a/93ab1fdf7b9ec8f3e817b1e1bd7140cae47e2c20.jpeg

It works in a pinch.

Alos to note, when you do decide to get a humidifier, RO or distilled water is your friend if not a must.

2 Likes

I used to hang soaked beach towels from the top of the tent, I only needed to add humidity when the plants were small so there was plenty of room, when the plants got big enough they made enough of their own humidity, I had to change or rewet it daily, with the heat from the light, the low RH and fans it would dry out from soaking in 24hrs.

2 Likes

I use a fish tank air pump with an air stone in a coffee can, it works enough for my closet grow.

2 Likes

This sounds silly but I took a doggy training pad, and poured water on it, then I leave it in tent. Some people use a towel. I do have a humidifier but I’m lazy

3 Likes

I don’t get 60rh but my towel in bucket method brings it over the 40% range well enough.

Edit to say it is the same method others have mentioned. You can see it in use in my current journal.

2 Likes

You can take a plate, pile some perlite on it and add water to it. It will add humidity to the air. Simple, cheap and reusable. :rainbow:

2 Likes