DJ Short Breeders Choice Mix #4 worth adding to collection for pain relief?

Im looking to make a lineup of Indica dominate medicines with heavy sedative, pain relieving and anti inflammation properties for my MO patients. I am treating patients with chronic shoulder pain, arthritis, knee pain mostly.

Does anyone know what the properties are of DJ Shorts Breeders Choice Mix #4 ? Would this be a good building genetics for a strain to help with my patients?

I am also looking for suggestions on other genetics that would help.

7 Likes

One of the best strains I have right now for pain is Motorbreath 15. It’s good for my bad shoulder and nerve pain. Depending on tolerance, it can be good for insomnia as well. BOG’S Bubble is supposed to be good pain meds and there are some of those floating around if you look for them.

6 Likes

Motorbreath 15 looks great with Chemdog and San Fernando Valley OG mix. I have noticed there are a number of good pain relieving cross with SFV.

5 Likes

PHK “purple hindu kush” comes to mind.
I also ran across this strain a few days ago at my local shop. I made some very good gummies with it.
Pineapple Jager
I took one of these with a PHK gummy and I can tell you it helps a lot with all the symptoms you listed above.

9 lb hammer also comes to mind. I’m considering growing this strain outdoors this year. To make oil for my personal med needs. Motorbreath “suggested above” is also on my list for outdoor this year.

3 Likes

A lot, if not most of the kush strains I’ve used have been good. Pre 98 Bubba Kush is one of the weaker kush strains I’ve used for pain but it’s really good for stress/anxiety and I love the terps so I’ve held onto it for awhile.

2 Likes

Here is a 9# hammer cross called Trench Buddy.
Grew huge, and very potent. Took days upon days to trim this 2 damn plants, LOL

14 Likes

That looks, awesome man!!! Uggggh I hate trimming. That might just knock it out of the lineup. Maybe a clone of a 9lb hammer will be easier. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Ive tried one from the #2 mix and idk if Id call it pain relieving. mood enhancing and a cozy functional high. Those mixes should have lots of variation though so hard to generalize.

4 Likes

Can’t go wrong with og Kush hybrids. I had an imperial majesty and soulfood from bodhi seeds that had pretty good pain relief properties which are ogs x g13hashplant.

For muscle and joint pain I’d recommend to make a medicated coconut oil rub just like you would for edibles. Combine with epsom salt and essential oils and use it as a topical rub anywhere you need it or as a bath soak. My mom uses this and it relieves arthritis pain immensely and I use it after sports and exercise for recovery.

2 Likes

@ColeLennon these 2 plants are EXACTLY why I spent the money and bought a Centurion Tabletop trimmer. What took 3 of us over 80 hrs to trim was knocked down to about 9 hrs. It was worth every penny spent, and now don’t have to worry about harvest time, I blow right through it quick now.

2 Likes

Thanks for the strains Motorbreath 15, Purple Hindu Kush and 9 Pound Hammer. Another reason I was looking at the Mix #4 in the description Notes: it says it is great starting material for concentrate, Potent and Productive and high keeper phenotype ratio.

My patients make their own salves, ointments some of them even use the steams to brew tea. And they want potent Indica or majority Indica hybrids. They are all 67+ now and deem energetic and uplifting strains to be weak.

5 Likes

I agree, I love OG Kush in anything. Makes me think of Obama Kush. I love the shit out of this strain in Gummies. It just fuckin works every time. :100:
https://www.wikileaf.com/strain/obama-kush/

4 Likes

That makes perfect sense. I’m sure when I’m 67 I will feel exactly the same. :100:

1 Like

Yeah, I blow right thru a good wet trim. 14 day dry and clip of nugs into 1lb grove bags now. I got a Ipower bowl trimmer last fall, used it on the Blackberry Fire. My other two strain were good enough for me. I don’t worry about manicuring.

5 Likes

Dj’s genetics lean more towards energetic/uplifting rather than for pain relief. If you’re looking for bog bubble, I have some I could send you. Just got done with a preservation project. The smoke is very medicinal and great for pain relief.

If only I could get a hold of bog lifesaver, there would be plenty for everyone

7 Likes

I would be interested in some bog’s bubble if you have enough. I love the pain relief plants. I’d be willing to trade. Message me if you’re interested.

2 Likes

Inkognyto breeds for the medical value you’re looking for. He use to call himself Illuminati Seeds. He is legit and his gear is potent, I’m growing his Lil Peach OGK now. Most of his work is based on Chem’s and OG Kush and he has fair prices with lots of fem’s and regular seeds also. https://inkognytogenetics.com/

3 Likes

No idea how boron boy keeps showing up

3 Likes

What do you mean “he’s dead”?

Thanks for the suggestions on strains and breeders. This is a long term project for me. A lot of older people I talk with are dissatisfied with the majority of hybrid and sativa offerings. They are not looking for creative, inspiring, energetic, uplifting type of effects. I am wanting to pollen chuck and find two or three heavy body effects Indicas for mother plants.

I will be show my patients these suggestions and let them pick what they want. While I grow them I will be doing some pollen chucking to try and make semi legendary mother plant.

2 Likes